You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Brihinia30

Im anxious, my 14yr old not asked for med exam for 457 visa, is this the norm??

Hi every one

I am new here and have a question, hope someone will kindly answer this. I have applied my 457 visa but noticed that my 14yr old child has not been asked to have a medical exam or xray even though she is of school going age whilst hubby and I have been asked to do so? Is this the norm coz read some where that kids of school going age need medicals too? Please help, I do not want to make errors of omission which can cause problems.

Guest Pixie10

Hi I'm sorry I can't answer your query but I do think all dependents have to get a medical before ending the country.

Check Australian Immigration site and if I was you I would ring agent or employer and query this. I'm sure you don't want any hold ups later in the application process.

Good luck

We're still looking for sponsorship for OH in IT

I don't think that they need a medical for a 457, but should you want to apply for PR at a later date, you will need to have them done.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

We just got our 457 visas- neither my husband nor my daughter (13) had to have medicals, but I had to have a chest x ray (not a full medical) because I said I may want to work in a classroom environment. Hope this helps.