Onshore 485 how long waiting? Who received recently

dhani24dhani

HELLO TO EVERY ONE

I APPLIED 485 TR DECEMBER 09 , WHO SOME ONE KNOW ? WHICH MONTH APPLICATIONS THEY ARE PROCESSING ? PL LET ME KNOW IF HAVE ANY MESSAGE

THANKS

DHANI:cry::SLEEP::goofy::Randy-git:

Hi, i applied for the same visa in september 2009 and was recently contacted by a case officer. So, you should be receiving a feedback soon. Good luck -)

I applied for mine at the same time as my PR (July 16th 2009). Priority processing came in on the 485 in Sept 09 so I was at the bottom of the queue (as only had a Diploma & an Advanced Diploma) In Feb 10 priority processing was removed from the 485. 3 weeks later I got my 485. There was no period between getting a CO and the grant (from looking at my online status) Just got an email from my agent one day saying it had been granted. This is very fast I guess from the looks of other people. I think it may have come even quicker if there wasn't those 5 months of priority processing. Im from a low risk country (the UK). Im thinking about lodging a 2nd PR application using the old SOL (because I had applied for a 485 prior to Feb 2010 changes so am eligible) before my 485 expires in Sept 2011. I would do this to safeguard against any capping of pre-July 2010 applicants and also because I see that a lot of the Govt responses re: the student situation seem to make a big deal about the transitional arrangements they have provided for those with 485's and how they can apply under the old SOL until the end of Dec 2012 so I think they may avoid capping these people.

Hi, i applied for the same visa in september 2009 and was recently contacted by a case officer. So, you should be receiving a feedback soon. Good luck -)

thanks for u r reply , which skill occupation you have ? early September or late September ?

my occupation is Pastry cook!!!

thanks for u r reply , which skill occupation you have ? early September or late September ?

my occupation is Pastry cook!!!

my occupation is industrial engineer. under the current processing timeframe, all visa 485 applications must be processed within one year. You should be contacted soon. Be ready to spent money on providing additional documents. i was told that most of the documents that i have provided are now expired :mad:

I was also told that my skill assessment letter is now valid for 2 years whereas it was 5 years when i got it ( a recent immigration change)

I have 8 months to lodge my pr application before my skill assessment document expired. so, i gonna lodge my Pr application asap once i am granted visa 485.

Be aware of the validity of your skill assessment document.

Archived