mdesai11

Confused about State Sponsorship

Hi all,

not posted in a while. Just been sitting back waiting for our 175 application to be approved. Its not going to happen anytime soon and we want to move to WA asap after we went on a reccie in May/June this year. We loved it so much.

Therefore, we've been thinking whether we should change our application from a 175 to a 176 WA state sponsored.

I have a few questions and hope you guys can help:

- Does anyone know where to get some good, reliable information on how to change from 175 to 176 state WA sponsored.

- Are WA now accepting state sponsorship applications?

- Is it true that 176 applications are processed quicker than 175's? We were advised the earliest outcome of our 175 will be at the end of 2012 :arghh:

- My skills assessment was completed as a 2231-79 (ICT Professional NEC) but this occupation doesn't appear on WA's list (or even the new SOL that I can see). Does this mean I will need to complete a new skills assessment if I would like to change?

Apologies for asking so many questions but this all seems so difficult to get my head around :twitcy:.

I see the only way you could get a meaningful State Sponsorship from WA is if they have "261399 Software and Applications Programmers NEC" on their State Plan when it comes out as this is the only ANZSCO code that they will corrolate your old ASCO code with. So if WA are interested in sponsoring your skills, they would need to be prepared to approve you as a 261399, eventhough it may have no relationship to what yo uactually do.

Getting a new ACS assessment in a different occupation/code will require a new application. So wait and see what WA have on their list and then work out an alternative strategy, if you have one.

Regards

Anthony Coates MARN: 0601801

tonycoates@eircom.net

I see the only way you could get a meaningful State Sponsorship from WA is if they have "261399 Software and Applications Programmers NEC" on their State Plan when it comes out as this is the only ANZSCO code that they will corrolate your old ASCO code with. So if WA are interested in sponsoring your skills, they would need to be prepared to approve you as a 261399, eventhough it may have no relationship to what yo uactually do.

Getting a new ACS assessment in a different occupation/code will require a new application. So wait and see what WA have on their list and then work out an alternative strategy, if you have one.

Regards

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Please can you let me know where the correct place would be to look for the WA skills list? Do you have a web address?

Thanks.

The new List will be announced next month (hopefully) as there is a Federal election in Oz tomorrow. The new list has new codes which is why it has complicated things for you as your ACS assessment is under the old code.

Regards

Anthony Coates MARN: 0601801

tonycoates@eircom.net