Get Going Migration Agency

pswebb38

Just wondering if anyone else on here has used a company called Get Going as their agent for their visa application.

I have to say they are quite helpful and always return my emails/calls the same day.

I've never heard anyone mention this company so just curious to hear from anyone who may have used them or know anyone who has?

Hello There,

I am not familiar with this company. I suggest you do some research on them before committing - word of mouth is always the best. I also suggest that you contact a few Agents both in the UK and Australia and get a few quotes.

All the best.

Regards

Guest Gollywobbler
Just wondering if anyone else on here has used a company called Get Going as their agent for their visa application.

I have to say they are quite helpful and always return my emails/calls the same day.

I've never heard anyone mention this company so just curious to hear from anyone who may have used them or know anyone who has?

Hi pswebb

I've never heard of the "Get Going" migration agency either, like Stephen Dickson.

I have just searched the MARA Register of Agents using the business name "Get Going" but it is not producing anything.

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSearch.aspx?FolderID=394

The search box marked "Search by personal details" offers the agent's given name as the default. However if you click on the down arrow in that box, you can search via the business name instead. I tried Get Going in the way that I have just typed it. It could be called "GetGoing" or something.

Please could you post a link to the website for the agency that you describe? If you would very kindly do that, I and others can then try to cross check it with the Register of Agents.

All migration agents return phone calls and e-mails promptly when you have not parted with any money, my friend. Quality of service is determined by what happens after the agent has received your money and the initial novelty of looking after you and your affairs has worn off.....

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi again, pswebb

I've just told Google to find the Get Going migration agency. There is a sponsored link, as follows:

Get Going Migration Agents - GET GOING MIGRATION AGENTS

According to the link above, an RMA is involved whose MARN is 9803463.

The Register of Agents search tool enables one to search via the agent's MARN as well, so I've tried it. It says that the MARN belongs to an RMA called Garry Loseby, who seems to be based in South Africa as far as I can work out from Mr Loseby's entry on the MARA's Register of Agents.

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARDetails.aspx?ud=3673&BackToSearch=True&FolderID=394

Mr Loseby's MARA Register entry does not suggest any particular association with the company registered in the UK, to judge from the e-mail address for the migration agency above.

This sort of set up usually involves the RMA claiming to be a "consultant" to the unregistered operation happening outside of Australia. The "consultant" idea is the Rent-a-MARN racket, to put it bluntly. Rent-a-MARN is usually a member of the Migration Institute of Australia but Rent-a-MARN rarely gets involved with anything relating to any of the clients recruited by the offshore agency that Rent-a-MARN "consults" for.

Rent-a-MARN is a complete racket. A solicitor who abused his or her status in England & Wales in this way would be struck off the Roll of Solicitors and that would be that. The MIA condones the idea (they would, because some of their most senior members are Rent-a-MARNs.) According to the MIA, an arrangement that gives the client absolutely no comeback onto Rent-a-MARN if anything goes wrong is "desirable" because in theory at least, Rent-a-MARN will prevent an unregistered savage in another country from leading the client into potential strife. I've heard some right fairy stories in my time but that one takes the biscuit, frankly.

You would be much, much safer if you use an RMA who is well known to the other members of Poms in Oz and is endorsed by them, via word-of-mouth recommendation on Poms in Oz. Ideally an RMA should be the owner of the business that you deal with, not a wishy-washy "consultant" to it and in the case above, Mr Loseby claims no involvement with the agency at all, it appears.

Why not contact Mr Loseby in South Africa direct, via his own website?

Untitled Document

Predictably, he is a member of the MIA.

In your shoes, I would cut out the middleman, for a start, and speak with Mr Loseby directly. I would also shop around amongst the agents who post on Poms in Oz regularly and are regularly recommended by the members on here.

What is your occupation, please, because that can be important to deciding which agent is best for yourself? There is no such thing as a migration agent who genuinely knows about every possible occupation on the SOL and the ENSOL.

Cheers

Gill

my advise is that if you want to engage an migration agent choose a registered one. At least they are accountable for their advise and are up to date with the new changes. the migration process seems to be easy in some cases ...in fact it is quite complicated sometimes and based on an unstable legislation.

I think that an australian immigration lawyer is the best option. they are not only migration agents, they are immigration law lawyers .....(responsibility, skill, experience....). I personally used a imigration lawyer after having been told by different agents registered or unregistered that I have no chance to get the PR. And here I am.

Jo

Archived