Visa 457 - Meds

Guest alexCrock

Guest alexCrock

Hey PIO friends,

I have a few questions. I applied for a GSM visa a while ago, then withdrew the visa early this year because of I was told it could take up to 3 years to get my visa. Got tired of waiting. The Immigration rules keep changing. :-(

Anyway, I didn't do my Meds though until late 2009 and it is still valid now.

I am lucky enough that a Company is willing to sponsor me for a visa 457.

They have never sponsored anyone before though and we (as in me and the company) are a bit unsure about the whole process.

My questions are:

1) If they have all the documents in the checklist for both the Nomination and Sponsorship ready now, can they lodge for both the Nomination and Sponsorship online now AT THE SAME TIME?

2) How long should I wait before I lodge for my application?

3) Meds- My GSM Meds is still valid. Can I still use it with my 457?

4) If all documents are uploaded generally how long should I wait for the visa to be granted?

Many thanks.

Hi

1 - Yes, more often that not the Sponsorship and Nomination are lodged together

2 - Best to wait for the approval number firstbut yo ucan lodge ahead of approval

3 - Depending on whetehr your job is of special significance, medicals and chest x-ray may not be required - any children of school age would require health clearances. If you do need health clearances, then yours are still valid - so either way that base is covered.

4 - depends on which office is processing the applications

Regards

Tony

Guest alexCrock

Ok. If I travel to Australia on let say a Tourist Visa and then apply for 457, then tourist visa expires - will I be placed on a bridging visa? Will I be able to work for the company as soon as the visa is lodged? Or will I have to wait for the visa to be granted first before I start working for the company?

Thanks.

Hi Alex

The bridging visa, with a "no work" condition, is granted to you as soon as you apply for the 457 - but it only comes into effect when the tourist visa expires. You can apply for permission to work on the BVA if the sponsorship and nomination has been approved and you look like you meet the 457 visa criteria.

Regards

Archived