Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

hi

Just a delaying tactic. i had a case officer a while back but then had to wait to get on a queue. then they wrote to say that they dont have my sisters bitrth certificate copy. so i sent it again. then got a queue number. also from now on they consider time to process from the time one gets the queue number not the date of application. maybe your sister might be luckier to get the queue number soon.

Anybody go a queue number recently? if so how long was it before they got it from the time of application

I've just been assigned a case officer. They have requested for my sisters birth certificate, which I have just sent. I lodged an onshore application in Feb 2010. It has taken more than 2 years to get assigned a case officer. I'm not sure if I will now be put in a queue and be asked to wait longer.

hi

that sounds about right. Thats how long it took for my CO to be assigned and then four months later I got my queue date. Dont know how long it will be before she gets her queue number since probably there is a bigger backlog by the day. trying to be positive. Is she on shore or off shore

I've just been assigned a case officer. They have requested for my sisters birth certificate, which I have just sent. I lodged an onshore application in Feb 2010. It has taken more than 2 years to get assigned a case officer. I'm not sure if I will now be put in a queue and be asked to wait longer.

Hi guys

I have got visa label in my passport after have been assigned to CO in last month and finished all of her requests ( medical, police checks, AoS and update/fill some forms ) :)

My queue day is 7/4/2010 but I don't know why I got a call earlier. So that's good news for me and for you as well who have been assigned to CO. Maybe your application is being finalized, good luck to all of you!!

Cheers

Dan

hi

those with queue dates in 2010 are being given visas.

I thought one got CO's first( like me and others I know) and then got queue ddates later. Your seem to be the potther way around. I dont think even they have a policy. It happens as it happens. Eitherway congrats. If 2010 queue dates are getting visas now I have only two more years to go. hooray[

QUOTE=danielphan;1935823724]No, I am on-shore!!! Derrick34

Well I have a queue date of June 2010 (offshore) and haven't heard anything yet. Will be intersting for me and others when I eventually do hear something

hi

those with queue dates in 2010 are being given visas.

I thought one got CO's first( like me and others I know) and then got queue ddates later. Your seem to be the potther way around. I dont think even they have a policy. It happens as it happens. Eitherway congrats. If 2010 queue dates are getting visas now I have only two more years to go. hooray[

QUOTE=danielphan;1935823724]No, I am on-shore!!! Derrick34

hey Derrick

I have tried to reseacrh this thing to the best of my ability. After speaking to a few people I detect a pattern then I speak to some one else who says the opposite things. I think apart from the basic there is no real process here. Bit of shambles really. But i think things should move for you quickly now. Anyway we all live in hope...but i think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers mate. One thing I have learnt in my 2 years of being at the mercy of diac is to not make any assumptions about the process or lead times! The irony is when I first lodged my application I was told there was a three month waiting time!

me too. Thats what they said when i inquired in teh HIgh commision in London. But I wanted to be OZ quicker. So decided to come here on a tourist visa and apply. Where in OZ do you plan to stay. I travelled for a year around OZ but decided Sydney is for me. My family lives in rural NSW.

Cheers mate. One thing I have learnt in my 2 years of being at the mercy of diac is to not make any assumptions about the process or lead times! The irony is when I first lodged my application I was told there was a three month waiting time!

I am actually in Perth now on a 457 visa which I found after applying for a LRR. I am tied to my employer though and really want the PR to come through so I can break those shackles as there is significant opportunity here to make me realise I am significantly under paid by my sponsor. My family are all in Perth too so with any luck I will be nearing the end of this journey! too

me too. Thats what they said when i inquired in teh HIgh commision in London. But I wanted to be OZ quicker. So decided to come here on a tourist visa and apply. Where in OZ do you plan to stay. I travelled for a year around OZ but decided Sydney is for me. My family lives in rural NSW.

does that mean that one can have two diffrent applcations on at the same time?

I didnt realise one can do that. Is it because your LRR is off shore perhaps. if you are really unhappy with that job could you go on a bridging visa for LRR. That way you could be free to get another job. But then again, many want PR and not a bridging visa for a good job. I hear in the private sector they are not too bothered about it. I am in the semi government sector. Luckily I got a good two year fixed term contract which didnt ask for PR. But most jobs I went for asked for PR.

If you dont mind me asking your queue date is on June 2010. When did you actually lodge the application in?

QUOTE=derrick34;1935824115]I am actually in Perth now on a 457 visa which I found after applying for a LRR. I am tied to my employer though and really want the PR to come through so I can break those shackles as there is significant opportunity here to make me realise I am significantly under paid by my sponsor. My family are all in Perth too so with any luck I will be nearing the end of this journey! too

Guest BMJ11

Just to clarify Dan, you have been granted your LRR 115 visa and your queue date is 7/4/2010? Many congrats if this is the case! I'm just wondering is it safe to assume that DIAC are now processing visas from that date onward? It would be interesting to know how many applications are in for 2010 as it would then be possible to calculate (roughly) a realistic timescale for those of us in the 2010 queue. DIAC has annouced that more information will be available once programme numbers are set for 2012/2013, I'm sure others are also wondering when this will be? After numbers are allocated to the various subclasses is my best guess Which would be July....right? Can anyone else shed a bit more light on this increasingly frustrating situation? Perhaps the creater of this thread? Very best of luck to all in the queue.

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Hi guys

I have got visa label in my passport after have been assigned to CO in last month and finished all of her requests ( medical, police checks, AoS and update/fill some forms ) :)

My queue day is 7/4/2010 but I don't know why I got a call earlier. So that's good news for me and for you as well who have been assigned to CO. Maybe your application is being finalized, good luck to all of you!!

Cheers

Dan

Hi BMJ11

Thanks for your question. I confirm that I applied on-shore so my subclass is Remaining Relative ( 835 ) not 115 for off-shore. For those that be interested about timeframes of applications in 2010, I am willing to share with all of you my application process below:

- Date applied: 5/3/2010 - onshore

- Date on queue: 7/4/2010

- CO assigned: 13/4/2012

- Visa granted: 18/5/2012

- Period: 2 years

For my understanding, during 2 waiting years, I don't know exactly how many times I did contact to DIAC every months ( I applied by myself, not through immigration agents ) and get some information.

1. DIAC has terminated the increase of this visa numbers every year. If it would be happend, that's not reasonable/many

2. Timescale can vary following the particular case of each application and case officer, so don't be surprised when someone applied after you but they get first. Like buying tattslotto ticket :) ( I got my friend had applied before me in December 2009 but has not been finalized yet )

3. The official visa numbers for Other Family category on 2012- 2013 will be announced on DIAC website soon in next couple months. So at the meantime, I have heard it would get more 35 seats for us and if it were correct, I have no idea how many ones Remaining Relative could receive when we're always in low priorty for Carer, Aged Dependent :(

Anyway, good luck to you guys

Cheers

Dan

Thanks Dan for sharing your progress. My sister lodged her 115 application offshore in May 2010 and the queue date is 01/08/2011. Like you said there is no consistency in the way DIAC allocated a queue date. Anyway, congratulation on the final grant of your visa. Enjoy your future in Oz.

Thanks Dan for sharing your progress. My sister lodged her 115 application offshore in May 2010 and the queue date is 01/08/2011. Like you said there is no consistency in the way DIAC allocated a queue date. Anyway, congratulation on the final grant of your visa. Enjoy your future in Oz.

Hi,

My Sis applied for 115 and got a reply nearly immediately acknowledging receipt and telling her that she would get a case officer in 3 months. While that did not happen, at least not known to us, don't understand what they mean by queue date. We are from india. Does anyone know.

hell

If anyone else can give simple details like the quoted reply that will let many of us get a wider picture

See daniel Phams details which are concise.

I will give mine. More examples very welcome

mine

Onshore LRR

lodged 11 jan 2010

case officer assigned end Jan 2010

Queue date given 14 April 2012

waiting......

All other combinations of where people are at welcome

QUOTE=danielphan;1935825674]Hi BMJ11

Thanks for your question. I confirm that I applied on-shore so my subclass is Remaining Relative ( 835 ) not 115 for off-shore. For those that be interested about timeframes of applications in 2010, I am willing to share with all of you my application process below:

- Date applied: 5/3/2010 - onshore

- Date on queue: 7/4/2010

- CO assigned: 13/4/2012

- Visa granted: 18/5/2012

- Period: 2 years

For my understanding, during 2 waiting years, I don't know exactly how many times I did contact to DIAC every months ( I applied by myself, not through immigration agents ) and get some information.

1. DIAC has terminated the increase of this visa numbers every year. If it would be happend, that's not reasonable/many

2. Timescale can vary following the particular case of each application and case officer, so don't be surprised when someone applied after you but they get first. Like buying tattslotto ticket :) ( I got my friend had applied before me in December 2009 but has not been finalized yet )

3. The official visa numbers for Other Family category on 2012- 2013 will be announced on DIAC website soon in next couple months. So at the meantime, I have heard it would get more 35 seats for us and if it were correct, I have no idea how many ones Remaining Relative could receive when we're always in low priorty for Carer, Aged Dependent :(

Anyway, good luck to you guys

Cheers

Dan

Ozzieland, you probably need to wait a bit while for the queue date. This will be issued to you in a letter which happens around 12 months from the date you received the acknowledgement letter.

Thanks for you reply. Did not know that it took that long. Got confused when they mentioned about a CO in 3 months and thought that that meant we at least had a queue date.

Good news to all of you. IMMI has updated the details on their website. Let check it out:

"Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 31 May 2010 are now being considered for finalisation."

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm

Cheers

This is good news to atleast know now that we are not forgotten. I wonder how many more visas before they can reach July 2011 when my sister applied. Unfortunately she could not apply before because, I had to get my PR first.

Hi! I've not been on here for a while but thought I would see how things are going (good and bad it seems!!)

My stats....

Date applied: 23/11/09 - onshore

- Date on queue: 31/6/2010

- CO assigned: feb/10

- Visa granted: not yet.....

- Period: 2.5 years & counting

My CO wrote to me a year ago and advised she was being reassigned from the division in ACT and I should communicate with a generic email account in Perth... I haven't heard a bean since...

But living happy & working hard in Sydney and that's all that counts I guess...

Cx

This is good news to atleast know now that we are not forgotten. I wonder how many more visas before they can reach July 2011 when my sister applied. Unfortunately she could not apply before because, I had to get my PR first.

Don't forget that a queue date is not the same as the date the visa application was lodged. They can be some time apart.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Guest videoland

hi all,

just want to share with you my timeline and good luck with all applicants for 115 Remaining Relative

Date applied: 28/01/09 - offshore

- Date on queue: 24/4/2010

- CO assigned: june/09

- Visa granted: 03/06/12

- Period: 3.5 years

after all there is hope :)

cheers