Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

Just to update everyone, a guy from immigration called me last Thursday for an interview regarding my present situation as Carer and just yesterday DIBP emailed me requested for second VAC. So yes finally it has been released from queue.

Visa: Carer 836

QD: May 2015  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 16:54, kikice said:

Hi CR7

Its a long waiting I know. Your app is in this fin.year, till june 2018.  Be calm mate. It took 4.5 years. They will contact you for medical check and police check to do again, after for second app.payment and finally visa grant. No differents between 116 and 836. Kind regards :)

Hello Kikice,

I got approved for my carer visa last year. Can I ask you about care payment from centrelink. Am I eligible for that payment? I can not find a job because I have to look after my sponsor. 

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Lucyp said:

Hello Kikice,

I got approved for my carer visa last year. Can I ask you about care payment from centrelink. Am I eligible for that payment? I can not find a job because I have to look after my sponsor. 

Thanks!

This may be helpful.  https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/eligibility-rules-carer-allowance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2018 at 11:56, markcaregiver said:

^^ 

11 Dec // submitted all required forms, police check and GP letter. 

1 Feb//  I had a call from Immi asking some information about my status. 

5Feb// Request for 2nd VAC

9 Feb// Visa Approved 

Hello Mark, when was your apply date?

Hi All,

New in this forum.

Been back reading and this chat is very helpful. Congratulations to all those who got their visas approved!

We have an 836 applied last April 27 2017, received an email of s56 Request for more Info February 2018 but no email regarding queue date, usually how long does it take to get a queue date?

Cheers Everyone!

• Like 1

Hi MerryPumpkin !
I also applied for carer 116 in May 5, 2015 by a lawyer, in July 2017, the immigration department sent a letter requesting additional information. I also asked the attorney about the date of the queue but did not have it, and I knew that there are some people more than 3 years and 6 months of applicants. I'm really confused ...

7 hours ago, deanblb said:

115 visa approved. 7 years to the day after sending applications off. Still coming to terms with the news. It has been a tough journey but was worth the wait.

Congratulations. Can you plz share your queue date and year of application lodgement?

7 hours ago, Sophiavee said:

Hi. 115 also approved. Application date was june 2010. Queue date april 2011. It is true. Incedibly long wait. Im  even settled in Australia now and it still hasnt sunk in. Best of luck to everyone .

Thank and all the best!

13 hours ago, Sophiavee said:

Hi. 115 also approved. Application date was june 2010. Queue date april 2011. It is true. Incedibly long wait. Im  even settled in Australia now and it still hasnt sunk in. Best of luck to everyone .

Hi Sophiavee

Well done for waiting so long and getting to Australia. If you don’t mind could you let us know when your visa was approved. Your queue date was a few weeks before mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I am new here. But it gave me hope that someone has been approved his/her carer visa in this forum. I have applied 116 last July 2015 and have QD of Nov 2 2016. Do anyone has idea of when the possibility when it will be released from the queue? As i am really worried of aunt's health.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 15/02/2018 at 10:59, markcaregiver said:

finally VISA APPROVED!

VISA: CARER 836

QD: MAY 2015 

Hi 

I just got updated from the website at September 2019,  Carer visa application with a queue date up to 11 October 2017 has been released for final processing, and there will be no further queue release for this visas during program year 2019-2020.

My Queue date is December 2017.  Is there any one can estimate roughly how long i have to wait ! 

I have been so frustrated for waiting and have been thinking to give up and go back my country, since i am on financial hardship and have to financially support my partner who is the main applicant carer and has no right to work. 

thanks !

VISA: CARER 836

QD: DEC 2017 

1 hour ago, bryan_ducnguyen said:

Hi 

I just got updated from the website at September 2019,  Carer visa application with a queue date up to 11 October 2017 has been released for final processing, and there will be no further queue release for this visas during program year 2019-2020.

My Queue date is December 2017.  Is there any one can estimate roughly how long i have to wait ! 

If there will be no further release for 2019-2020 then they will not begin processing again until July next year.

Edited by Marisawright