Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

- Date applied: 20/6/2011 - offshore

- Date on queue: 23/8/2013

- Waiting Period: 3 years and one month

- My sponsors are citizens and all members r in ausse.

Even if up to June 2011 queue date has been released from the queue 18 months back, still there r some outstanding cases ,so that i have to forget this visa because i'm 28 years old and i have to settle in my life too... OHH MY GOD , PLEASE HELP ME

Hi Nirosh,

So did you end up contacting IMMI using the contact form? Have you received a reply?

Cheers,

LB.

date applied : offshore 31. august 2010

queue date : april 2011.

citizen sponsored.

hi

just an update. I asked my case officer on progress update amd she has stated she doesn't know if my application will be finalised this year or not since my queue date hasn't been reached yet. this was yesterday.

cheers.

I'm sorry but this is the hardest visa subclass and we will have to be emotionally strong to get through this. we all have sacrificed to this point. I'm 35 and hold two degrees and an mba from australia. my boyfriend and I have been apart for two years and counting now and thinknig of breaking up because its too hard. this is not an easy catergory.

I'm sorry but this is the hardest visa subclass and we will have to be emotionally strong to get through this. we all have sacrificed to this point. I'm 35 and hold two degrees and an mba from australia. my boyfriend and I have been apart for two years and counting now and thinknig of breaking up because its too hard. this is not an easy catergory.

Sophia, is your boyfriend an Australian citizen or PR? If he is, do you not qualify for any type of partner visa?

date applied : offshore 31. august 2010

queue date : april 2011.

citizen sponsored.

hi

just an update. I asked my case officer on progress update amd she has stated she doesn't know if my application will be finalised this year or not since my queue date hasn't been reached yet. this was yesterday.

cheers.

Thanks Sophia. If the website states that they have released applications with a queue date of upto June 30 2011, why is it that applications like yours (and mine) are not being processed? I know how you feel and I've been there. It was hard on both of us and in the end we had to break up. I hope your story has a happy ending, just hang in there.

Hello everyone.

Hope you can shed me a light.

I applied for carer visa 116 offshore since 2011.

Queue date 20 May2012

it is now more than 2 yrs and 2 months since QD, still don't have any update from the department.

The Immi website stated qd up to 31 march 2013 is now relesed. Called them last week, no news.

So frustrated as my mum health conditions getting worse. Anyone have an idea my actual waiting time? please help.

Hi guys

Make sure that you understand clearly the Other Family visa process from IMMI:

These applications will be considered for final processing as a place in the Migration Program becomes available. Once the cap is reached for visa places that are available in the current year, applications that have been queued and released for final processing, but are not yet finalised, will be considered for a place in a subsequent year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It says when you get your queue day and yours is released from global queue, it doesn't mean your case are going to be finalized to receive the visa. The release from global queue is just the first step for you to reach the visa grant. You should wait for a available visa place for you in current financial year as second step to move on the finalization. If the cap is reached, it means no more available place in that financial year ( this year is 500 totally for Other Family category, and I guess for Remaning Relative visa places is about more than 100/less than 150, around there). So you should get long long wait I think and even they don't know how long it takes for individual case :(

Hi guys

Make sure that you understand clearly the Other Family visa process from IMMI:

These applications will be considered for final processing as a place in the Migration Program becomes available. Once the cap is reached for visa places that are available in the current year, applications that have been queued and released for final processing, but are not yet finalised, will be considered for a place in a subsequent year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It says when you get your queue day and yours is released from global queue, it doesn't mean your case are going to be finalized to receive the visa. The release from global queue is just the first step for you to reach the visa grant. You should wait for a available visa place for you in current financial year as second step to move on the finalization. If the cap is reached, it means no more available place in that financial year ( this year is 500 totally for Other Family category, and I guess for Remaning Relative visa places is about more than 100/less than 150, around there). So you should get long long wait I think and even they don't know how long it takes for individual case :(

Hi Daniel,

If so, it doesn't make sense for asking us submit those medical check/non marriage supporting...etc which are valid one year only. When they requested me for further documents, they told me there is a visa place available!!!!!!

I know there is a capping, and the reduction of visa places.Although I have paid AOS, maybe the waiting time for me is 6 years.

Date Applied: 2010 year

Date on queue: Feb 2011

Waiting time: 3 yrs + and counting.....

citizen sponsor

Edited by scraplive

Hi Daniel,

If so, it doesn't make sense for asking us submit those medical check/non marriage supporting...etc which are valid one year only. When they requested me for further documents, they told me there is a visa place available!!!!!!

I know there is a capping, and the reduction of visa places.Although I have paid AOS, maybe the waiting time for me is 6 years.

Date Applied: 2010 year

Date on queue: Feb 2011

Waiting time: 3 yrs + and counting.....

citizen sponsor

I am not sure about particular case. However, I heard some people got same as your situation. I think because it's global queue and you guys was going to be finalized at the time between 2 financial years (for example: there's a place for released in previous financial year but couldn't be finalized in current financial year because less more available visa places) so you have to wait for subsequent years although everything's ready and done for visa grant.

I am not sure about particular case. However, I heard some people got same as your situation. I think because it's global queue and you guys was going to be finalized at the time between 2 financial years (for example: there's a place for released in previous financial year but couldn't be finalized in current financial year because less more available visa places) so you have to wait for subsequent years although everything's ready and done for visa grant.

Hi Daniel,

tks for yr reply and u got the point. I am totally agreed with you.

It's because the significant of reduction of visa places of this 115 class,

and the Dept just ignore the situation we are facing. I prefer they let me know

how long I have to wait from now on and Iet me make decision.

• 1 month later...

Good luck to everyone specially who applied RRV in 2014..... hope Aged dependent relative will also get visa before they die?

http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/family/other-family-visa-queue.aspx

Based on current Planning Levels and the allocation of the majority of the Other Family places to the Carer visa category, it is currently estimated that Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications that were lodged in 2014 and meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately 56 years to be released for final processing (calculated from 14 August 2014).

Edited by OhDIAC

The most shocking piece of info is the following:

As at July 2014, final processing for Carer is currently progressing for applications with a queue date up to 28 June 2012. For Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative final processing is progressing for applications with a queue date up to 21 January 2010.

I can't understand how applications with a queue date of Jan 2010 are in "final processing" only now. There are so many individuals in this thread who have a queue date of Apr 2011 and had their visas granted more than a year ago. It just doesn't make any sense. Meanwhile, I paid my AoS of $5000 more than a year ago and it has been sitting there, accumulating no interest (for me at least). This is completely unfair and unjust. I have a queue date of early 2011 and going by their latest estimates, it could take another 3-5 years before my application is granted!!

I'm thinking of seeking legal advice and also see if this issue can be raised to gain the governments attention.

It is currently estimated that Carer visa applications that were lodged in 2014 and meet the criteria to be queued, are likely to take approximately four and one half years to be released for final processing (calculated from 14 August 2014). After 4.5 years add another 3 years to grant visa , all the Carer visa applications will be cleared ... After that ,Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications only remaining for entire 500 quotas ... how it could be 56 years??.. In order to earn the money , immigration earned massive income by cheating us as well spoiled our life. If they grant me visa after 56 , my grandchildren can go to Aussie, THAT IS ALSO IMPOSSIBLE THAT I CANT MARRY PRIOR TO GRANT THE VISA. Aussie expecting that EVERY human can live 300-400 years in the planet ???? Hello my dear analysts and statisticians inside the immigration, u don't know the life table of the human survival ????? what r u doing there ???? Please update the news some thing logically....After i looked at this news, i really feel that i may become as mad... OHHH MY GOD ...............

Edited by Nirosh86

Hi everyone

In this forum has only few comments about carer visa, maybe there are small number of applications :) I am on queue from November 2013 and still waiting... If someone has similar problem like me pls share some comments. Thank you in advance

Edited by kikice

Hi lazybones1987

Please read again carefully, I think you are falling in this case even though you was released for final processing following your queue day but it's hasn't been finalized yet because the new limited visa number in new financial year. My friend's situation is same as you as well:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delays in final processing

There was a significant reduction in the number of visa places made available by the Government for Other Family visas in the 2013-14 programme year from 1285 to 585.

A large number of applications had already been released from the queue in 2012-13 but due to the reduction in visa places for the following year, in many cases final processing has not been able to progress. This relates to Carer visa applications with queue dates to 31 March 2013 and to Aged Dependent Relative and Remaining Relative visa applications with queue dates to 30 June 2011.

This delay in final processing remains for the 2014-15 programme year.

If you have been notified of being released from the queue, but your application has not been finalised, you will be contacted again by us only when final processing of your application can resume.

As at July 2014, final processing for Carer is currently progressing for applications with a queue date up to 28 June 2012. For Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative final processing is progressing for applications with a queue date up to 21 January 2010.

This information will be updated only when final processing dates are extended.

Once the number of visa places that are available in the current year is reached, applications that have been queued and released for final processing, but are not yet finalised, will be considered for a place in a subsequent year.

Source IMMI website: http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/family/other-family-visa-queue.aspx

Edited by danielphan