Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

Hi I'm a new user here. I applied for 115 in aug 2010 got a queue date of April 2011 and initially when I had applied I was asked for meds and police check then jan 2013 asked to do another lot of meds and checks. Did these and handed to global health on feb 8 and now im still waiting. I got an email from diac in June saying my application may be considered for finalisation in a subsequent year but with such poor numbers for this stream in global processing, will it really be finalised this program year? Or is it better to apply for another visa class

Hi I'm a new user here. I applied for 115 in aug 2010 got a queue date of April 2011 and initially when I had applied I was asked for meds and police check then jan 2013 asked to do another lot of meds and checks. Did these and handed to global health on feb 8 and now im still waiting. I got an email from diac in June saying my application may be considered for finalisation in a subsequent year but with such poor numbers for this stream in global processing, will it really be finalised this program year? Or is it better to apply for another visa class

Hi Sophiavee,

Were you asked to pay the Assurance of Support (AoS) as well? Like you, I've also been asked to do my medical and police clearance checks, and also pay the AoS. But this was some time in May and I haven't heard from them since.

Hi, I am new user here too. I was contacted by CO in Jan 13 to further proceed my case. And I have done all requirements in Mar 13. But the CO told me they are waiting internal confirmation by Centerlink. I got a letter from DIAC in July 13 that my application cannot

finalised in last financial year ( 2012-2013) and the reduction of the 115 visa cause my application delay.

Moreover, they are "unlikely" to proceed my application within 13-14 year too. Bump!!!What a bad news.

Hi Instam,

Welcome to PIO. Have you been given a queue date? Were you asked to pay your Assurance of Support?

Hi, I am new user here too. I was contacted by CO in Jan 13 to further proceed my case. And I have done all requirements in Mar 13. But the CO told me they are waiting internal confirmation by Centerlink. I got a letter from DIAC in July 13 that my application cannot

finalised in last financial year ( 2012-2013) and the reduction of the 115 visa cause my application delay.

Moreover, they are "unlikely" to proceed my application within 13-14 year too. Bump!!!What a bad news.

What country are you from Instam? Talks with an immigration lady brought forth news that the sparse visa places were distributed evenly amongst countries ... Or so they say!!

Hey guys,

If you haven't done this already, please submit your complaints regarding the drastic reduction of visas to:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/services/services-form.htm

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/tonyburke/contact-details/

Making them know about our concerns is the only way about bringing a change.

is it worthwhile going through with this visa or should options be looked at?? My worry is if this queuing means another two years of waiting

is it worthwhile going through with this visa or should options be looked at?? My worry is if this queuing means another two years of waiting

I'm on the same boat as you are. The other visa options I have (say the 189) could take upto 12 months if I apply now. So, I'm in a dilemma if I should wait for another 12 months for the remaining relative visa or if I should apply for another visa.

Guest Instam
Hi Sophiavee,

Were you asked to pay the Assurance of Support (AoS) as well? Like you, I've also been asked to do my medical and police clearance checks, and also pay the AoS. But this was some time in May and I haven't heard from them since.

Hi lazybones1987,

So did you receive an official letter from DIAC for any updates? I got the letter in early of July.

Maybe no news is a good news, your application will be proceed this year.

Hihi,

I am from HK~ I think the quota is distribute according to the queue date globally.

THats what I thought but the australian immigration lady that explained the entire process said they shuffled numbers for countries around so they have some sort of country system as well it seems

Guest Instam
THats what I thought but the australian immigration lady that explained the entire process said they shuffled numbers for countries around so they have some sort of country system as well it seems

Do you know the place in this year (July 13-14) was released or not yet?

I was told to further proceed my application in Jan. I am wonder we need to wait any vacancy until Jan 14.

Hi lazybones1987,

So did you receive an official letter from DIAC for any updates? I got the letter in early of July.

Maybe no news is a good news, your application will be proceed this year.

Hi Instam, I emailed them a number of times, but I've never received a reply to any. Calling the general IMMI line is useless as they recite the information from the website.

I was told to further proceed my application in Jan. I am wonder we need to wait any vacancy until Jan 14.

DIAC has allocated 585 visas to the Family Category for this financial year (2013-2014). Only a small portion (don't know what the number is) is allocated to Remaining Relative.

If there isn't a government change in the elections this year, the number of visas for 2014-2015 will be announced in June 2014.

Hihi,

My queue date is May 2011. And I already paid AOS. They said I don't have any pending doc. Just have to wait a place.

But the letter stated that: they are "unlikely" to proceed my application within 13-14 year...

That is quite interesting. They are taking the AoS and are not finalizing the application (this is down right fraud IMHO). The bond is activated only when the visa is granted. The money is sitting there without earning any interest.

Some people say that my application won't be finalized this year and some say that since I've paid AoS, it usually means that it will be processed. Don't know what and who to believe.

Interesting, I've never heard of a quota within a quota. As far as I understand, applications are processed as they are lodged and given a global queue date. Applications are then finalized using this queue date.

But saying that, this is IMMI and any idiocy is quite possible.

The 2013/14 quota for Other Family visas has more than halved from 1285 places down to 595 places. This category includes both offshore and onshore applications for Carer, Remaining Relative, and Aged Dependent Relative visas. Within this category DIAC have stated that Carer visas will continue to be prioritised.

It is expected that there is likely to be a significant increase in processing times for all applications for these visas. DIAC advises that they cannot predict processing times but estimate a wait of approximately 16 years for a Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visa.

Tee

Guest Instam
That is quite interesting. They are taking the AoS and are not finalizing the application (this is down right fraud IMHO). The bond is activated only when the visa is granted. The money is sitting there without earning any interest.

Some people say that my application won't be finalized this year and some say that since I've paid AoS, it usually means that it will be processed. Don't know what and who to believe.

Yes, it is frustrated!!! As other visa applications would be approved immediately after AOS done.

My worry is the processing time...seems there is many uncertain...

Interesting, I've never heard of a quota within a quota. As far as I understand, applications are processed as they are lodged and given a global queue date. Applications are then finalized using this queue date.

But saying that, this is IMMI and any idiocy is quite possible.

I also understood the bond to be the last step.

Hi Tee,

Thanks for your information. My application was suppose finalised in previous financial year or subsequent year as advised by

DIAC. But after I paid AOS there is no updates since June 13. And I got the letter said my application was delay due to reduction of no.

I did not know I have to wait 16 years processing time. :dull:

i think the 16 years is for applications submitted now not those in final stages. I doubt DIAC would appreciate the backlogs accumulated if that's the case

Guest Instam
i think the 16 years is for applications submitted now not those in final stages. I doubt DIAC would appreciate the backlogs accumulated if that's the case

Hi Sophiavee,

How's the progress of your application then?

Guest Instam

yay, although the official website keep updates the queue date of released . I heard that there are many accumulated cases

waiting to finalise.

I think I am no hope in short term

yay, although the official website keep updates the queue date of released . I heard that there are many accumulated cases

waiting to finalise.

I think I am no hope in short term

i don't know about Hk Instam but the assurance was the last step I thought. Don't lose hope , we are all pitching in the dark. We wouldn't know what internal DIAC is doing