Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

hi smithkt87 my CO asked me medical and police check aswell nearly two weeks now and dont have a queue date i applied may 2011.. inthink med and police check is only for initial assessment. Now we need to wait for 10yrs!!!

hi smithkt87 my CO asked me medical and police check aswell nearly two weeks now and dont have a queue date i applied may 2011.. inthink med and police check is only for initial assessment. Now we need to wait for 10yrs!!!

While over 10 yrs is the promised time, I would like to be more optimistic and say the visas of 2013 should be received in a couple of years given that they are processing June 2011. If the number of visas per year for this category is increased substantially, then we can expect them issued earlier.

• 1 month later...

The latest planning levels for 2013-2014 have been announced:

The 2013-14 program provides 128 550 places for skilled migrants, 60 885 places for family migration and 565 places for migration under special eligibility.

No information yet on how many places have been allocated to the remaining relative category.

Source: http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/bo/2013/bo203159.htm

Hi guys

Just quick update from my friend's case whose being applied onshore about May 2010, he has just received the call from IMMI to meet character and health requirement for allocating his queue day. But he is also advised to supply the character paper from our country to reach this step successfully??? WTH??? Even though he applies onshore?? The case officer said that because he hasn't been living around 10 years in AUS so that's the reason he needs to provide it for IMMI???

Now he has a problem to get this certificate from our country within 28 days, unless his case will be decided following its current circumstance. I just want to share this experience to everyone who hasn't been assessed yet for well-prepare in the future. My friend is struggling to have it ASAP for them.

Good luck everyone

though he applies onshore?? The case officer said that because he hasn't been living around 10 years in AUS so that's the reason he needs to provide it for IMMI???

Hi Daniel,

Yes, that's normal. I've lived in 3 countries in the last 10 years and I've obtained a police clearance certificate from all 3 countries. Your friend applied in May 2010 and hasn't been given a queue date yet? Wow, I wonder what queue date they will give him once he hands them all the required documents.

Hi Daniel,

Yes, that's normal. I've lived in 3 countries in the last 10 years and I've obtained a police clearance certificate from all 3 countries. Your friend applied in May 2010 and hasn't been given a queue date yet? Wow, I wonder what queue date they will give him once he hands them all the required documents.

Hi lazybones1987

My friend is very upset because he advised the immigration agent (this is so bad agent, I think) to take care his case but they didn't ask him to provide it at the beginning. Not good enough at all!! Now he has to chase it that could be delayed on his queue day allocation. Well, fingers cross!! :(

• 1 month later...

Nightmare for everyone here!! :( I think Carer visa will have about 300 seats, the rest of things will be divided between Remaining Relative and Aged Remaining Relative. Estimation is around 100 Remaining Relative available places for everyone around the world in a year. @_@ Unbelievable!!!!

Nightmare for everyone here!! :( I think Carer visa will have about 300 seats, the rest of things will be divided between Remaining Relative and Aged Remaining Relative. Estimation is around 100 Remaining Relative available places for everyone around the world in a year. @_@ Unbelievable!!!!

Guys

Unless everyone starts complaining about the processing time for RRV, nothing is going to change.

May be for them everyone who applied for RRV has no problem to wait for 14 years?

If still no one complains, then next year planning for RRV could the numbers that you can count on your fingers.

You can complain using the below link and you dont need to mention you actual identity or file number.

I have done my bit before and just now again -

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/services/services-form.htm

Hi guys

What is it means?

" The 2013-14 planning levels do not include the additional 4000 places for family members of humanitarian entrants as per the Expert Panel's recommendation."

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

I'm taking a guess here, it probably means family members of those people who came to this country under humanitarian reasons (such as refugees) are not included in this category.

I really think that due to the Cabinet has been changed, the Immigration and Citizenship is merged with Multicultural Affairs to become Department of Immigration, Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship with new Minister so the visa process would be more delay.

Even more sad news:

Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 30 June 2011 have been released from the queue. These applications will be considered for final processing as a place in the Migration Program becomes available.

Once the cap is reached for the visa places that are available in the current year, applications that have been queued and released for final processing, but not yet finalised, will be considered for a place in a subsequent year.

It is currently estimated that lodged Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications, that have not yet been assessed, are likely to take up to 16 years to be released for final processing (calculated from 1 July 2013).

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/other-family-visa-queue.htm