Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Irvingsago

Well at least I'm not alone. STILL WAITING- not heard a thing in 8 weeks. I've written to them begging for a response. I've also written to complain to the Australian Ambassador in London to see if he can help me. Even if they could extend my entry date until this is sorted out as I read on the AHPRA website that they've done this for some students awaiting registration in Oz so perhaps the precedent has been sent? I just want to know what's going on. It's quite clear on the website what the reg standards are so there won't be any difference between Oz nurses & UK. I think they're just making things up as they go along!

Guest lesleyawalsh

:spinny:I sent my application off at the beginning of August to Melbourne, called up AHPRA last week to see if they'd recieved it and all the other bits and bobs from the NMC and IELTs, Spoke to a lovely lady who was very helpful, verified they had my application and my course transcript which was sent directly from the NMC, currently awaiting my IELTs results and verification of good standing. She did say it was taking 90 days to process nurse applications but could be sooner. Can't understand what the delay is all the standards for nurses should be the same regardless of where you trained therefore assessment process should be the same. Hoping to be in Melbourne by Jan at least

Guest lesleyawalsh

:laugh:

I have only spoken to english people at the ahpra call centre! I think they are out-sourcing to the UK!

Yep I spoke to an Irish fella at the AHPRA call centre who put me through to Melbourne when the girl I spoke to was Scottish, connacted the NMC this week a spoke to an Australian!!

Guest FAMILYSTONE

Sent a finger wagging email to the AHPRA on Saturday night, under the complaints heading. First thing Monday morning had a reply from my case manager explaining the current situation.

Read this:-

Subject: AHPRA - Application for general registration - Division 1

Dear Mrs xxxxx,

My name is xxxx xxxxx, I am your case manager in relation to your application for general registration with AHPRA. I have been forwarded your email regarding your request for the status of your application.

We apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused to you recently due to our transition to National Registration. We acknowledge with thanks receipt of the outstanding documents that you submitted, we received them on xx June 2010. Due to the introduction of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme on 1 July 2010 we have been awaiting advices regarding the requirements for overseas nurses who already have a pending NBV file. We will be writing to you shortly regarding these requirements.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope this information is of some help.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxx xxxxxxx

Registration Officer

Victorian State Office

Can i ask why the application has to go to Brisbane????:confused: Nowhere on the application does it ask which state you are going to work in and it does say, send it to the address in Melbourne. I thought it was 1 national registration now..........

I want to work in Brisbane but have sent my application to Melbourne, also AMNC has forwarded all my docs to Melbourne...... They better not lose my application.

When you rang did she say that they actually received the application in Melbourne where you sent it in the first instance.

It sounds like you got the same English person as me. He said he shouldn't give me the number but he did anyway. Not rung the other number yet.

Good luck

I also have a job offer in the wesley in brisbane and I forwarded all my documents to the brisbane office in July. I had sent a few emails to ahpra prior to sending the application and they advised to forward my application to the state I intended to work. I also got ANMC to forward my file to brisbane. At the time I remember thinking it was a bit weird sending my documents to melbourne when they had a list of ahpra offices for each state. Again this shows just how unorganised ahpra are honestly were is the sense in telling people to send all applications to melbourne for them then to be distributed to the appropriate states. Its all CRAZY. I don't think I have ever come across such kaos.

From another very frustrated nurse awaiting registration to process her 457 visa.

Guest rozzy82

I have been waiting on my nurses registration since April. They sent a letter back in May saying I needed a new work statement. Which I sent and they said they did not receive. So I sent another one and when I called them to ask if they had been received they could not answer. they said I would have to wait until I received a letter.

I sent an email to AHPRA on Sunday saying I have got to have my nursing registration back in 28 days to my 457 visa or they may cancel it.

Got a letter today saying.

Dear Ms xxxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry

Your application has been received and assessment letter issued 31/08/2010

This is the address your letter will be posted to

xxxxxxxx

It outlines the requirements needed to complete your application

Kind regards

The Customer Service Team

AHPRA

What else could they possibly want? The only thing I can think of is new forms? I sent everything else of in April then the work statements twice......

Are they accepting Diploma qualified nurses? I am so worried like everyone else about whats going on and keep panicking they are not going to accept diploma qualified anymore???? does anyone know if thats the case.....

I have been waiting on my nurses registration since April. They sent a letter back in May saying I needed a new work statement. Which I sent and they said they did not receive. So I sent another one and when I called them to ask if they had been received they could not answer. they said I would have to wait until I received a letter.

I sent an email to AHPRA on Sunday saying I have got to have my nursing registration back in 28 days to my 457 visa or they may cancel it.

Got a letter today saying.

Dear Ms xxxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry

Your application has been received and assessment letter issued 31/08/2010

This is the address your letter will be posted to

xxxxxxxx

It outlines the requirements needed to complete your application

Kind regards

The Customer Service Team

AHPRA

What else could they possibly want? The only thing I can think of is new forms? I sent everything else of in April then the work statements twice......

Are they accepting Diploma qualified nurses? I am so worried like everyone else about whats going on and keep panicking they are not going to accept diploma qualified anymore???? does anyone know if thats the case.....

At least you got a response im still waiting. Fools !!!!!

I bloody hope they dont change the rules on diploma - i will be taking legal advice if they do, i have spent a lot of money on this - they cant change it now to people that have already applied.

AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH:arghh:

Im getting very stressed out about it all

The call centre is Useless, Try some of these direct dial numbers for the different departments, You might get some answers then! Hope it helps.

Richard Mullaly (VIC)

(03) 8708 9108

Anne Jobson

(03) 8708 9071

Lisa Wardlaw-Kelly (TAS)

(03) 6281 7921

Lynn Ayers

(03) 6281 7905

Jill Huck (NT)

(08) 8901 8507

Lois Modoh

(03) 8901 8514

Robyn Collins (WA)

(08) 6141 6010

Ronnie Phillips

(08) 9220 2103

Jim O'Dempsey (QLD)

(07) 3149 4645

Barbara Landels

(07) 3149 4637

Bob Bradford (ACT)

(02) 6195 2607

Kym Ayscough (NSW)

(02) 8071 2009

Alyson Smith (SA)

(08) 7071 5518

Joey Beaton

(08) 8366 5527

Thanks for those contact numbers cbd, anyone in QLD note that Jim O'Dempsey is the area manager here as i was given his name and po box number to send my complaint to.

I have been in Brisbane since May, i had applied to do my IELTS 2 days after arriving but when i contacted them i was told my application had not been received! iwas advised that test date was full as was the next date. Although surprisingly i was contacted the next day to say my application had been received but i would need to wait until the 19th June. At this point i was unaware that AHPRA was taking over on the 1st July but when i found out thought i would get my application in just before. I brought my aplication into QNC on the 21st June only to be told that they were no longer accepting applications and i would need to send my application to AHPRA on 1st July.

i contacted AHPRA re details on where to get an application form and fees etc. and got an email back saying they had no information and it would be on the website by 1st July so already i knew it was going to be organised confusion!

As many have done i sent my application to Victoria as stated at the end of the application. i was away for a month and contaed AHPRA when i got back to enquire how my aplication was progressing and was advised that they would take my name and someone would call me back as they were very busy. I did not receive a call back by the end of the day and I called them back and was advised that if i had not received a call from them by the next day at luchtme to call back. Surprise surprise i did not get a call back, and when i called again i was advised a callback can take up to 72 hours!

after waiting a week from my first call i rang again and refused to give my name for a callback and was put in a queue to speak with someone. I was advised that I needed to provide further documents, even though i had sent more than 100 points. I asked what they wanted and was advised a medicare card or a bank card. The person i spoke with then said she would get the person dealing with my file to call me back. Thankfully i did get a call back and was then told that my file had not been received!! my IELTS results were there but that was it, not even my file from the NMC was there.

I was then asked if i could hand deliver an application as i didn't want it to get lost again and at this point was advised that there was an AHPRA office in Brisbane city centre! As it was a Friday when i got this information, i spent the weekend getting my documents certified again and hand delivered on the Monday only to be told that my original application was infact in Victoria:arghh: however i was avised to submit my application anyway as they would have to get it sent from Victoria and it would be quicker to just submit a new application.

i give them a week and called back in to ask what was happening and to make sure they had everything they needed. i asked to speak to the girl who was apparently looking after my file that i had spoken with on the phone. I didn't get to speak with the girl but the receptionist spoke with her and she came back and advised me that overseas applications were on hold.

Like everyone i have constantly been on the phone trying to figure out how they can do this. QNC had policies and procedures in place so why could they not use those until they came up with new ones!

i emailed a complaint and received no reply, i sent a letter to Jim O'Dempsey and received no reply or acknowledgment of my complaint.

I have joined the QNU who have been trying to help also and advised me that they have taken my case and another case to the health minister.

Yesterday when i contacted AHPRA i was told that overseas applications are now being processed :biggrin:

Today when i called i was assured that my application was being processed.

Here's hoping it happens, i will let you know if i hear anything else

Claire

Guest FAMILYSTONE

After sending my enquiry form to APHRA on Saturday under the heading 'Complaints', I have been contacted by the complaints dept who asked which state I had applied to and would get onto them. I have also been allocated a case mananger who contacted me Monday telling me they had all my documentation. She has now sent another email saying foreign nurses are being processed and a letter is in the post with some further paperwork. I think they will be APHRA forms as I filled in NBV forms when I applied in March.

As long as you are qualified it does not matter whether it is Degree, Diploma or like myself from a School of Nursing, they all count.

Guest annieross

thanks for the info! i tried sending an email under the heading complaint this morning so hopefully i'll get something back soon. i think im going to go crazy if i dont get my reg soon! i am working as an Assistant in Nursing and it is really frustrating. i was on transit lounge today- all i did was make tea for 8.5 hours!

Guest SunshineSmile

It has occured to me this morning that the information on PIO about AHPRA applications is more up to date and informative than contacting AHPRA...

Perhaps we should set up our own hot line.. where someone actually answers the phone and actually replies to emails :arghh:

IM STILL trying to clarify whether or not i send my application to Melbourne or to Brisbane (Im planning to be based in Queensland)...

Has anyone had a definate on this.. it continues to be foggy out there :confused:

Annie.. 8 and a half hours making tea in transit lounge :goofy: i feel your pain (and boredom) xxx

It has occured to me this morning that the information on PIO about AHPRA applications is more up to date and informative than contacting AHPRA...

Perhaps we should set up our own hot line.. where someone actually answers the phone and actually replies to emails :arghh:

IM STILL trying to clarify whether or not i send my application to Melbourne or to Brisbane (Im planning to be based in Queensland)...

Has anyone had a definate on this.. it continues to be foggy out there :confused:

Annie.. 8 and a half hours making tea in transit lounge :goofy: i feel your pain (and boredom) xxx

Hi ya,

I am so in the same position as you. No where on the application does it ask which state you are wanting to work and on the end of the application it does say for postal applications send to Melbourne. So thats where I sent mine to.

It only says if you are handing it in, go to your local office.

I have tried to contact them as well. Sent 2 emails, but nothing. Think I will go on the complaints side of things now. They definitely seem to be replying to people who have complained.

x

Guest colsha7

Hi all,

I have a question......we are about to send to AHFRA for registration and have read that only a Notary can certify the documents needed. having already had everything certified by a Solictor (originally planning on reg. with WA, but have been told to reg. with AHFRA as they will be joining on 18/10) a bit miffed if we have to now have everything certified with a Notary Public.....emailed one and was told £60 for first document and for evey other £10 each!!!!!!!!

Do we have to have everything certified with a Notary Public or will it be ok with the Solicitor????Have you had your documents re-certified or just sent the Solicitors certification???

want to get this sent away asap, so all responses welcome.

Cheers.

Sharon.xx

An update on my registration.

I have to be registered with AHPRA although im not a nurse so some parts are not relevant but hopefully I will answer a few questions on the process.

I had to arrange my own skills assessment via my professional body, so all AHPRA had to do was process my paperwork and do the necessary checks.

I was worried as I had my documents certified by a solicitor.

I was informed that I would have to attend my local office once in Oz to verify my id.

This morning I got an email saying my registration was successful :jiggy:

They accepted my certified (solicitor) documents, and have posted my registration without requiring me to visit them.

My registration has taken about 3 weeks from them receiving my documents.

I hope this relieves some fears regarding certification and identification.

Well, I have just emailed APHRA a message under the complaints section. Lets hope I get a reply this time. All I want to know is if they have received my application and all my paperwork from the ANMC.

A courtesy email is all I ask for saying Yes or No.

Now I've had state sponsorship approved I need confirmation of my nursing registration.

Here's hoping:skeptical:

Guest rozzy82

Got a letter from AHPRA today saying that they need new identification and indemnity insurance all to be signed by either

> noticary public

> justice of the peace

> australian high commissioner

> or someone that

does it seem like they are trying to keep foreigners away?

everything on the id list says we need an australian birth certificate, australian passport, australian citizenship.

It seems like a pile of rubbish

Guest Shane&Lynn

We Have managed to clarify this point. Definitely send it to Brisbane. Melbourne are over loaded with over 400 applications and are trying to farm them out to other state offices to be processed. They said if you are applying to work in Queensland send the application to Brisbane Their address is AHPRA, GPO Box 9958, Brisbane, QLD 4001. Just to save you looking for it.

An update on my registration.

I have to be registered with AHPRA although im not a nurse so some parts are not relevant but hopefully I will answer a few questions on the process.

I had to arrange my own skills assessment via my professional body, so all AHPRA had to do was process my paperwork and do the necessary checks.

I was worried as I had my documents certified by a solicitor.

I was informed that I would have to attend my local office once in Oz to verify my id.

This morning I got an email saying my registration was successful :jiggy:

They accepted my certified (solicitor) documents, and have posted my registration without requiring me to visit them.

My registration has taken about 3 weeks from them receiving my documents.

I hope this relieves some fears regarding certification and identification.

Congratulations Pozz!! I am so happy for you. Hope everythig keeps going ok with you:smile:

Guest annieross

I have been liasing with the Queensland Nurses Union very closely re AHPRAs failure to process any overseas nurse registrations. They are meeting with the Minister for Health this afternoon. They are trying to put pressure on AHPRA to confirm they new assessment criteria asap and start on the back log of applications or go back to the old criteria which state boards used. Either way I dont think they will start doing anything until the end of this month but they will start soon because the pressure about to be exerted on them from the union, politicians and the media is going to increase and portray them in a very negative light. It has become painfully clear that the transistion to a national system of registration was made without any framework in place to register foreign nurses and even nurses who trained in Australia but are from overseas.

Ill update you all when I hear from the union.

Archived