LKC

18 Months!

We have been here for 18 months tomorrow! I was going to write a giant-sized update about how things are going, but I figured that the only thing most people will be interested in is whether we have settled and whether we like it here.

YES!

Good move for us, good decision. Hard work at times, have had a couple of downs in addition to plenty of ups, but we expected that things might go that way. A little tiny bit of nostalgia-ism creeps in from time to time, but no real home-sickness as such. We miss family, of course, but it is manageable.

Our daughters are settled in to a pre-school/nursery a couple of days a week and have started bringing home all manner of Australian colloquialisms and words, and have started to pronounce certain words in the Aussie way (yoh-gurt instead of yogurt and gum boots instead of wellies being two examples of that). Hubby is enjoying his job. I’m fine too. Finally started to make some good friends, took a while but I got there in the end.

Said it wouldn’t be too long! Better go and get on and get the ironing done before it is time to collect the girls from nursery. See, living in Australia isn’t all glamour you know!

Well Done on the 18 months..doesn't it go quick!!! Made even easier when kids and hubby are settled as well.

Heres to the next 18 months

Sue xxxx

Sue (44) Steve (51) Scott (17) Bradley (9) Sophie (5)

Jake - Little Ozzie Angel:angel_happy_face_ha

Spouse visa (PR) granted 17.4.09. In Secret Harbour 29.4.09..loving it!!!!!

Guest SDJ&A

In 2 weeks time we will also have been here 18 months.

The time has just flown by.

Like it here, but can't say that I am settled yet.

Work is still very much an issue with me.

As soon as I can sort that out I think I will feel a whole lot better.

Guest KAS

We've been here just over 18 months,OH and kids have settled where as I'm taking a little longer,I'd love to go back for a holiday to double check that we've done the right thing!

I think when I get a job things will probably get better.

We're loving the outdoor lifestyle,I can imagine if we were back home and in the middle of the school holidays, and it was raining (as it is now) I think my kids would go mad.

Congratulations on your 18 month Ozziversary Deb and family!

We too have been here 18 months and the hubby and kids settled immediately.

Long may you continue to enjoy it here.

Sue x

"You Can Tell A Yorkshire Lass, You Just Cannot Tell Her Much "

Congratulations on the 18mth mark and thanks for a good honest post.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest cazbeckham

Hi

We have been here for 22 months on Friday and settled straight away, but then again being retired we had none of the hassles of working or small children to get into schools so all is fantastic for us.

Just missing my Son Lee and his Fiance Clare who are still in UK.

Guest marksutherland

Aussie male, currently living overseas in Bangkok, Thailand. Loves surfing, travelling and mountain biking.

Hi

We have been here for 22 months on Friday and settled straight away, but then again being retired we had none of the hassles of working or small children to get into schools so all is fantastic for us.

Just missing my Son Lee and his Fiance Clare who are still in UK.

Missing family and friends is the hardest part of all. Although most days are fine and I don't feel too bad, things like birthdays can be hard. I still wonder sometimes whether we did the right thing taking the children from their extended family, but to be honest those back in the UK are happy for us, and we keep in touch as frequently as we did before. We always lived away from family, so although the distances are different nothing has changed really.

I hope you can see your son and his Fiance again soon.