Computing Professionals NEC

Guest jigish

Guest jigish

Hey guys,

I wanna ask you guys, is there any chance DIAC will allow pre-July graduates to change their occupation, if they can manage to get new ANZSCO code, based on their experience or studies?

As of now no. But thats what we are lobbying to change with the complaint to ombudsman. So we can all hopefully get a free transfer to cat3 or at least enable us to lodge a new ACS and then let us change to cat3 instead of lodging brand new application.

Don't know how far that effort will go since Ombudsman turns out to be a "paper tiger".

Problem is at the moment only 485 holders can lodge a new application. Majority have 485s expired or never lodged and well over 6 months since course completion. Especially from 2008. So even this expensive option is off the table for many applicants.

Guest zzzsianzzz

from what i understand, the answer is no. Any change in occupation are not allowed in PR application, despite still being under the computing professionals previously which is really illogical.

But anyway, the policy all along is throw in more money to get a new application done, not really worth it as it only moves you one category higher which still results in several years wait and changes can happen at any time during that period when the government and immigration department feels a itchness and changes the immigration law once again.

edited: u might wanna stick your details onto the osbudman complaint letter, the more the merrier~!

I think its best to wait and see. I am expecting a significant wave of changes to come especially if (and hopefully) Abbott wins. Whoever is going to take charge of Immigration will have one heck of a job given that incompetent moron that ran it for God knows how long.

Some of these changes might benefit us who knows.

At the moment its really hard to speculate governments intention. One hand they are giving this so called "generous" transitional arrangement but on the flip side they dump you in cat4 which in theory can never get processed unless there is a worldwide boycott of migrating to Australia.

If you:

1) Have the money

2) Still on 485

3) Have a new ACS assessment

Lodging a new application now might be a good option while cat2 is empty and DIAC is processing application in Last in First out order (as it seems given some people took months instead of years).

Otherwise we got no choice but to wait I guess.