Visa 136 ACS SKILLED INDEPENDANT

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

This is just for information.

I have just received feedback from the processing centre confirming that this visa has now been downgraded and that they are currently working there way through June 2005 applications.

I'm gutted as we sent ours through in November........

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to anyone going under this visa.

I have just received feedback from the processing centre confirming that this visa has now been downgraded and that they are currently working there way through June 2005 applications.

Ah, bugger :( We're on the 138 ACS Skilled Australian Sponsored which is, essentially, the same visa class but with sponsorship built in. So we're probably in the same boat.

Choobs

Ah, bugger :( We're on the 138 ACS Skilled Australian Sponsored which is, essentially, the same visa class but with sponsorship built in. So we're probably in the same boat.

Choobs

Our agent has just confirmed to us that it's only the 136 class which is affected. So 138s are fine.

Gah, this is nerve wracking.

Choobs

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

I'm on a complete downer now. I feel like a child as i want my visa "NOW".

Everything comes to those who wait....

(what a load of crap)

:)

I'm on a complete downer now. I feel like a child as i want my visa "NOW".

Everything comes to those who wait....

(what a load of crap)

Sent you a PM :)

Choobs

Guest shakatara

hi everyone, new to this site, saw this disturbing news about the 136 skilled visa and had to find out more. We submitted our application in Dec 2005, TRA, does this affect this as well? Going for our medicals and having police clearances done in March unrequested, we are with a agent, who are great. House MAY be sold, got surveyers coming around next week so all things crossed at the moment.

any news please let me know, got no more nails to bite.

shakatara

hi everyone, new to this site, saw this disturbing news about the 136 skilled visa and had to find out more. We submitted our application in Dec 2005, TRA, does this affect this as well? Going for our medicals and having police clearances done in March unrequested, we are with a agent, who are great. House MAY be sold, got surveyers coming around next week so all things crossed at the moment.

any news please let me know, got no more nails to bite.

shakatara

Neil will probably know better, but as far as I'm aware it's only IT people (people who had their skills assessed by the ACS) who are affected.

Choobs

Guest Alison1967

Hi Neil

Is your application modl or non-modl and what region are dealing with your application.

God I feel stressed now!!

Ali

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

My partner works in IT and has had skills assessed and passed by ACS (Australian Computer Society) and has opted to go for visa 136 which I believe is Skilled Independent Visa. Just out of curiosity contacted the agent as we thought that we would hear something around now for Police and Meds but were given the news.......

We were thinking of applying for our Police and Meds and sending them unrequested to help speed up the application but my only concern with this is that your medicals and police clearance is only valid for 1 year from date of issue, so knowing out luck we would send them now and not get asked for them until next year.

The vodka that has lay dormant under the sink is coming out tonight and I’m going to go in a field and scream my head off or i might wait until i go shopping to Tesco I find that usually helps.

Guest Alison1967
Hi,

My partner works in IT and has had skills assessed and passed by ACS (Australian Computer Society) and has opted to go for visa 136 which I believe is Skilled Independent Visa. Just out of curiosity contacted the agent as we thought that we would hear something around now for Police and Meds but were given the news.......

We were thinking of applying for our Police and Meds and sending them unrequested to help speed up the application but my only concern with this is that your medicals and police clearance is only valid for 1 year from date of issue, so knowing out luck we would send them now and not get asked for them until next year.

The vodka that has lay dormant under the sink is coming out tonight and I’m going to go in a field and scream my head off or i might wait until i go shopping to Tesco I find that usually helps.

Hi Neil

Is your partners job modl or non-modl. Is it on the in demand list.

Do you know what region is processing your application. I rang ASPC and they told me what region. Some of the immigration agents publish the regions processing times for modl and non-modl and you roughly know a week each way or so where they are up to.

Ali

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Alison,

I believe that Marks application is Non modl, when we applied his job was on the Skills list and he has been accepted under IT Manager . I note that the modl changes every month but to be honest I don’t think his discipline would ever come up on there.

He meets all the points test in fact went over by about 15. I think its Adelaide that is dealing with the application.

Just a little concerned as we have booked to go back to OZ in December and we want to validate the visa then as opposed to having to go back.

Cheers.

Guest wfourie

We are onthe same visa class as Neil and we are gutted!!! Sent email to our agent today to clarify the impact and also find out why we have to find out on PIO and not by them!!!

Going to work now thoroughly hacked off

Bec

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Bec,

Let us know how you get on, Marks e-mailed the agent to see if there is anyway of speeding up the application. From the current processing times it's looking around August before a Case Officer is even allocated.

Try not to despair. I know that's easer said then done.

Cheers.

Hi

Am a bit confused now! Hubbie has applied under this visa subclass but his skills were assessed by the TRA and his occupation is still on the MODL list, will this "downgrade in visa status" affect our application or as the confirmation letter from DIMIA suggests, it will still take about 4 months to hear from them, we applied in December 2005?

Sorry if I've rambled a bit but it's put me in a bit of a worry now!

thanks

Jackie :?

Hi

Am a bit confused now! Hubbie has applied under this visa subclass but his skills were assessed by the TRA and his occupation is still on the MODL list, will this "downgrade in visa status" affect our application or as the confirmation letter from DIMIA suggests, it will still take about 4 months to hear from them, we applied in December 2005?

Sorry if I've rambled a bit but it's put me in a bit of a worry now!

thanks

Jackie :?

It shouldn't affect your husband at all because, as far as I'm aware, it's only applicants who were assessed by the ACS (i.e. IT Workers) who are affected. Applicants assessed by the TRA are NOT affected.

Cheers

Choobs

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Jackie,

The MODL is not affected so you should be ok. When we applied to move my partner’s job was listed on the SOL which is basically jobs that the Australian economy need. From what I know all MODL applications are being fast racked unfortunately our job is not yet listed.

I believe following discussions that we have held with our agents that the generic 136 visa (skilled independent) is taking the longest as this is the main visa that people are going under.

Looks like your lucks in and your be in OZ before us :(

All the very best with you application and I hope this piece of info helps.

Cheers.

Thanks for that Choobs, makes me feel better, although I have to say the waiting to hear anything is killing us!

Jackie :)

Tell me about it - we only lodged at the end of November and my wife and I are almost climbing the walls already :-)

Choobs

Hi All,

My husband and I applied for a skilled-independent visa 136 (ACS and not MODL) in September 2005. We received our visa today!

We are so happy and hope this gives some hope to all still waiting under that visa class.

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Archi,

Are you going on a standard independent visa (136) or are there other factors on your application that would speed it along ie: family members sponsor, STNI, or any work sponsor.

Sorry if this seems like a personal question to ask but from what the agent has told us about processing times it seems at variance to there answer given.

Many thanks.

Guest mickroo

Hi All

I spotted the first post last week and was straight onto my agent I have applied via 136 but my skills were assessed at the TRA (Electrician) the following quote was sent by my agent the same day.

"Dear Michael,

I have not been informed of DIMIA taking this long to process 136 visa applications.

At this stage anyone applying for the 136 visa is waiting between 4-5 months before the police and medical request. Once this has been received by your case officer it is approximately 6-8 weeks before they request further information or grant your visa.

Out of interests sake just yesterday another client of mine received their visa after lodging to DIMIA in September 2005!

It is expected that you will hear back from your case officer at the end of March 2006 for your further requests.

I hope that this helps you and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kindest regards"

Hope this is of some help to others in a simaular position.

Regards

Mick

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Mick,

Many thanks for this piece of information.

Fingers crossed that we may hear something fairly soon.

Cheers.

Completely confused now... Just spoke to Migration agent on the phone, and he quite curtly told me that he was annoyed as clients keep phoning up and saying they have read something on the Web and that most of the time it is just written by Cranks and if there was any major changes to my visa they would inform me...... Well that told me, funny tho not feeling 100% confident in what he just told me!

Completely confused now... Just spoke to Migration agent on the phone, and he quite curtly told me that he was annoyed as clients keep phoning up and saying they have read something on the Web and that most of the time it is just written by Cranks and if there was any major changes to my visa they would inform me...... Well that told me, funny tho not feeling 100% confident in what he just told me!

LOL :) Don't you love us net kooks?

Can see why they'd get annoyed, I guess.

Choobs

Archived