application sent off: 19/07

nomination approved: 29/07

receipt by DIAC: 29/07

meds done: 17/08

Waiting......

Thanks for the info, which office?

Guest Rangerider33
Hi Rangerider

No, they did not give me an indication of the processing time. Just a quickie..your signature says "waiting for CO".... has your nomination already been approved? How long did it take for the nomination to be approved at paramatta?

Hi Ericanto,

No the nomination hasn't been approved yet. it was posted with my app all toegther with meds and police front loaded. Have still heard nothing... come back to England now to wait :(

Guest craighannay

myself and my family are going to oz on a 121 rsms - employer nomination, my future boss has just informed us, he has been allocated a case officer who has asked him to provide a little more information,does this mean we also have a case officer? obviosly it would be silly to have one for him and one for us,has anyone else been here to advise

timeline for RSMS 121 VISA CLASS

received letter from diac to say they have recieved paper work - 15-06-2010

my future boss was allocated a CO 08-09-2010

any advise will be very grateful

craig

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Hi Craig, that is good news, it is my understanding that your employer having a case officer does not mean that you have one. Doesn't seem to make any logical sense and I know that some people have been assigned the same case officer as their employer, so the short answer is maybe, maybe not! Still, it is good news that your employer has a case officer- progress!

Which DIAC ofice are you lodged at? Hope news of your case officer comes through soon :smile:

Guest Rangerider33
where is parramatta?

Paramatta is the NSW office, It is near Sydney. Paramatta has a large backlog of applications adnt the longest porcessing time for this kind of visa at present. You're really lucky to be lodged at Perth. Whats your timeline if you don't mind sharing?

Guest craighannay

15/06/10 diac received our paperwork and my boss`s 2 part)

he has had a case officer allocated 07/09/10

not sure whether we get the same CO as he did ,or whether they will just grant the visa ?

how does the process work,no-one seems to know

cheers

Guest Rangerider33
15/06/10 diac received our paperwork and my boss`s 2 part)

he has had a case officer allocated 07/09/10

not sure whether we get the same CO as he did ,or whether they will just grant the visa ?

how does the process work,no-one seems to know

cheers

It would seem that it's pretty hard to know as each office works differently.

The employer step would have to be approved first, then yours. As I can gather some offices use the same case officer where as others go back in the queue, it has been known for there to be a 4 month gap between the employers part being processed and the visa being granted. Although I think I remember hearing that someone thought that Perth uses the same case officier. Its all really difficult to know as Diac arn't too keen on letting us know the inside working of the department in this area!

It's hard not knowing but at least you know your visa is being processed, its all progress.

hope this helps a little

Guest monster
Had all the paperwork done and front loaded meds on visa application and had a reciept on 19th August. Just waiting now been told 4-6 weeks before a case officer is assigned so hopefully won't be long now. in the melbourne office and is a 119 visa

you're lucky as you have submitted yours in Melb coz they process it quickly. others will have to wait 3-6 mos. i want to give Melb office 5 stars for doing their job efficiently. i dont really see the point of letting those people wait in 6 mos granting most of them are on shore applicants and been in Oz for 2yrs.

Guest Rangerider33
Hi everyone!! Great news we got our RSMS visa granted today!!!!!!!! hurrah!!!!!!!! such a massive relief! exciting times!!! xx

Thats great Frantastic! Congrats! Could you share your time line with us please?:cool:

Guest Frantastic

Thank you yes of course here it is -

18/06/10 - Job Offer accepted - VIC

15/07/10 - Nomination (stages 1 & 2) lodged (melbourne)

22/07/10 - Nomination Approved

01/08/10 - Third stage of visa application (frontloaded) acknowledged.

14/09/10 - Approved

I saw your timeline on one of the early pages Fran, but didnt note Melbourne!! Mines in Perth....Im actually in Australia, I have been her 4 years, but visa is only going permanent now!! I did 2 yrs backpacker, 2 years 457 and now onto the 857!! Thankfully I think it means I can get a citizenship after a year on the 857 though and want to bring mum out on a Parent Contributory visa too so a lot hanging on it!! If I get a knockback will be going to Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what the timeline in Perth is at the mo...fingers crossed its similar!!!!:jiggy: