RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hard to tell mate. I've been waiting 4 1/2 weeks now since my file was allocated to a CO. And Hardy1590 has just mentioned that they've been waiting nearly 2 months. Nobody really knows. Generally a HR applicant can expect to wait a bit longer as they usually do more extensive background checks... I'm from a LR country, my application is also non-DRC and my file is at the Melbourne office..

Hi Sonic blue, have you heard anything for your visa? mine is almost 3 weeks now, since I got CO, no news yet

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Sonic blue, have you heard anything for your visa? mine is almost 3 weeks now, since I got CO, no news yet

Hello rania

i am waiting for last 8 week after submitted all documents.

Toady one year complete didn't get anything from co

big tension

Hi guys - how do you know if you've been issued a Case Officer? We did have someone ring us and say they were just waiting for police checks. Would that of been our case officer or will it say somewhere on the immi site after we've logged in?

Hello rania

i am waiting for last 8 week after submitted all documents.

Toady one year complete didn't get anything from co

big tension

OMG...so, after got CO, you didn't hear anything even after 1 year?How frustrating waiting for so long...I am looking at my email every hours, hope there is any good news for my visa..couldn't imagine if I should waiting up to next 12 months:arghh:

In may case, my CO send my lawyer an email, asking about some documents, and the end of the email, He/She ( I didn't know) putted his signature mentioned about his name as his title as Case Officer

No dear I have applied in June 2012

and got co in march she has asked some business documents and we have submitted all document in April after that we didn't here'd anything from co

its done 8 week

Hi all..

I am bit worry about my case..I have applied for 187 visa on Dec 5th 2012. In that time, I have been working for 6 month with my employer. My first contract is actually only one year up to June 2012. Because this position is permanent position, but I can't be offered as permanent employee before I gate PR.

However, since They were wiling to sponsored me, My employer extended my contract up to 2 years ( up to June to fulfill 187 visa requirement, regardless of when i will grant my PR (Who will know about the time when i grant my Visa)..

now, time was running, and my contract is less than 2 years since 6 of June 2013..I am bit worry, because the requirement from immigration regarding to employee contract is at least 2 years after visa is granted

My friend was asked for a EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT UPDATE before his visa was granted,,in other words that the position is still vacant for next two years,,, I have copy of that updated contract ,,he to applied last year,,and took almost 11 months to get the visa,,, herez d copy of the contract,,, and yea they dont call it a new contract ,,its just an update of last one

Private and Confidential

Tuesday 30th April 2013

Dear Mr. xxx,

xx Hotel Motel Ltd is pleased to confirm the ongoing offer of employment to you as a Cook.

Commencement Date

Your employment contract will commence as soon as your visa is approved. You will be employed for a minimum of two years. If either party wishes to terminate this contract, one month notice must be given in writing.

Your Role

Your role is specified as and limited to that of Cook. The duties of this position are consistent with those provided in the latest job description provided.

I refer you to your employment contract for a full list of terms and conditions.

Yours sincerely,

xxx

Hi all..

I am bit worry about my case..I have applied for 187 visa on Dec 5th 2012. In that time, I have been working for 6 month with my employer. My first contract is actually only one year up to June 2012. Because this position is permanent position, but I can't be offered as permanent employee before I gate PR.

However, since They were wiling to sponsored me, My employer extended my contract up to 2 years ( up to June to fulfill 187 visa requirement, regardless of when i will grant my PR (Who will know about the time when i grant my Visa)..

now, time was running, and my contract is less than 2 years since 6 of June 2013..I am bit worry, because the requirement from immigration regarding to employee contract is at least 2 years after visa is granted

Edited by ginz

No I still haven't heard anything :(

Yesterday was my 9 month point since my nomination and visa were lodged with DIAC. Tomorrow marks 5 weeks since my file was allocated to my CO. FYI, my MA informed us that a CO had been allocated to the file in case anyone was wondering.

I really don't know what else to do now other than wait as we have been doing all this time! Sooooo frustrating. My employer already made contact with the CO back on the 22nd of May and was told "it's been allocated so sit back and relax". I also sent an enquiry on the 30th to vic.pse@immi.gov.au and they forwarded my query to my CO and he replied to my e-mail. He told me that he hadn't finalised his assessment of the nomination and due to this he hadn't started to assess the visa application. He did confirm that he is the CO for the nomination and the visa application though, but he remained very vague as to where he is with everything. He did not indicate how far along he is with the assessment. This is so ridiculous that it is taking this bloody long! And I'm from a low risk country!

I don't want to contact him again because I don't want to piss him off, but come on!

I e-mailed my migration agent to see if they have been contacted by the CO for any documentation a couple days ago and still haven't heard from my MA - no surprise there... My MA definitely lacks in the communication department amongst other things...

*sigh*

Edited by SonicBlue82

My friend was asked for a EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT UPDATE before his visa was granted,,in other words that the position is still vacant for next two years,,, I have copy of that updated contract ,,he to applied last year,,and took almost 11 months to get the visa,,, herez d copy of the contract,,, and yea they dont call it a new contract ,,its just an update of last one

Private and Confidential

Tuesday 30th April 2013

Dear Mr. xxx,

xx Hotel Motel Ltd is pleased to confirm the ongoing offer of employment to you as a Cook.

Commencement Date

Your employment contract will commence as soon as your visa is approved. You will be employed for a minimum of two years. If either party wishes to terminate this contract, one month notice must be given in writing.

Your Role

Your role is specified as and limited to that of Cook. The duties of this position are consistent with those provided in the latest job description provided.

I refer you to your employment contract for a full list of terms and conditions.

Yours sincerely,

xxx

Thank you so much..I will ask for similar format like that to my HR if the immigration didn't satisfied with my current contract condition.

No I still haven't heard anything :(

Yesterday was my 9 month point since my nomination and visa were lodged with DIAC. Tomorrow marks 5 weeks since my file was allocated to my CO. FYI, my MA informed us that a CO had been allocated to the file in case anyone was wondering.

I really don't know what else to do now other than wait as we have been doing all this time! Sooooo frustrating. My employer already made contact with the CO back on the 22nd of May and was told "it's been allocated so sit back and relax". I also sent an enquiry on the 30th to vic.pse@immi.gov.au and they forwarded my query to my CO and he replied to my e-mail. He told me that he hadn't finalised his assessment of the nomination and due to this he hadn't started to assess the visa application. He did confirm that he is the CO for the nomination and the visa application though, but he remained very vague as to where he is with everything. He did not indicate how far along he is with the assessment. This is so ridiculous that it is taking this bloody long! And I'm from a low risk country!

I don't want to contact him again because I don't want to piss him off, but come on!

I e-mailed my migration agent to see if they have been contacted by the CO for any documentation a couple days ago and still haven't heard from my MA - no surprise there... My MA definitely lacks in the communication department amongst other things...

*sigh*

Yeah..I know..It is so frustrating. But It might be because now is close to the end of financial year and the quota for 2012/2013 has been fulfilled. So, Don't expect too much to get the visa in this month. Hope, in the next of financial year we will grant visa soon.

Hi All,

Got my visa approval today. I lodged a new application last friday, as soon as I got my hands on the IELTS certificate which I didn't provide the first time and the reason I had withdrawn my visa application.

I then informed the Case officer that I lodged a new application and hoping this time she wouldn't find any more reason to reject my application. Prayers answered. =D

Hi Sneh, two of my friends from Darwin got pr after 2 weeks of their co signed. I think you will hear good news in 2 wks time.

All the best

Dev

Hi after waiting nearly year finally got CO can anybody tell me how much time it will take now .my timeline apply 29 June Mel ndr high risk cook thanx

Hi RobinVanPersie, you can't apply for RSMS 187 without TRN, which comes up after the RCB approved. Your employer will provide u the TRN. this is the link

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login for apply. I am not sure about the defacto.

Dev

Hey thanks again.

Just got a email from my agent, she says that we can actually lodge the visa as soon as the RCB is lodged if we want to(If time is running out) but if the RCB is refused I lose my $3060 visa fee..is this true?

Also will there be a charge for adding a defacto come the 1st of July?

Hi Blossom79, I have heard that after u get PR based on RSMS, u have to stitch on your employer for contract period (normally 2 yrs). Is it true? can't one, who got 187 visa, work for second job? do u have any authentic info about this?

Thanks

Dev

G'day Guys, I reckon they still not upto their quota, as they issue visa. I am so frustrated as no reply from CO. its been 4 weeks all documents send and its 8 weeks since i got CO any one reckon that we all who wait long get there visa this month Praying hard that it does so hrbrt372 which centre u appliedcheers

Hi Blossom79, I have heard that after u get PR based on RSMS, u have to stitch on your employer for contract period (normally 2 yrs). Is it true? can't one, who got 187 visa, work for second job? do u have any authentic info about this?

Thanks

Dev

Yes this is true. For two years from visa grant (if in oz) or starting the job if coming in just for the job. You have to work full time hours. I don't know for sure about a second job.

Private and Confidential

Tuesday 30th April 2013

Dear Mr. xxx,

Commencement Date

Your Role

Yours sincerely,

xxx

Today my lawyer ask my employer to renew or updated my contract..

Hi Kayes49, I applied at melbourne immi. You can do follow up emails to the CO ...just be careful not to be 'pushy'.

G'day Guys, I reckon they still not upto their quota, as they issue visa. I am so frustrated as no reply from CO. its been 4 weeks all documents send and its 8 weeks since i got CO any one reckon that we all who wait long get there visa this month Praying hard that it does so hrbrt372 which centre u appliedcheers

I'm from a 457 visa and one of the conditions is "not engage in work for another person or for them self whilst working for the sponsoring employer". The 187 doesn't have this condition, so it should be fine to have an extra job as long as it's not conflicting with the main employers interests. Your employer might forward a complain to immi against you.

Yes this is true. For two years from visa grant (if in oz) or starting the job if coming in just for the job. You have to work full time hours. I don't know for sure about a second job.

No they have actually ran out off visa's,,they have actually crossed the limit,,,and for now the visa they r issuing are from ENS quota....

No they have actually ran out off visa's,,they have actually crossed the limit,,,and for now the visa they r issuing are from ENS quota....

How do you know this ginz? That DIAC has reached the quota of 16,000 visas for RSMS and are now granting visas from the ENS quota?

its going to be a year next week, hasn't heard anything from immi. they haven't even approved my nomination. my employer personally wrote an email to immi yesterday to do something about it as my current visa is expiring in the end of june. i have kinda given up but my employer making every possible effort to get some good news. already booked my ticked to go, however, waiting for a miracle to take place.

Hello everyone is their any recent policy changes (work experience etc.)regarding RSMS visa (187 Subclass)

Read this article:

There has been an unannounced change of policy in PAM3 since 15 May 2013 which Members may not be aware of.

Schedule 2 of Subclass 187 states [187.234©] that [if an applicant has an Australian qualification]...

"the applicant had the qualifications listed in ANZSCO as being necessary to perform the tasks of the occupation."

For the occupation of Cook, for example, ANZSCO says:

Unit Group 3514 Cooks

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.

In Australia:

AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

DIAC policy [PAM3 Subclass 187] now says that an applicant with a Certificate IV can only count that if the Certificate IV had two years work experience embedded, or if the person has two years post qualification experience. [30.2 AQF Certificate III, IV and Diploma qualifications]

This would seem to be above and beyond the legislative requirements, and above and beyond TRA skills assessment requirements.

This matter will be discussed with DIAC at a meeting this week.