RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Just heard from ma that my mrt has been finalizes off course negative result as expected. My rsms 119 hasn't been processed yet so really in dilemma what to do . Going to see ma today to find out my options. I wish I could buy some time until my rsms visa get some sort of result..

Student visa maybe?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Everyone

Just thought we would join the thread as we wait for our 187 Visa (DE).

We moved to Adelaide in September 2012 on a 457 visa but have been encouraged and assisted by my employer to get PR. We started the ball rolling at the end of March and the first 2 stages were completed relatively quickly. The Regional Certifying Body Advice was received within 3 weeks and the nomination was done within 2 weeks. We have since completed the third stage, the application and as we had a lot of the info required from the 457 visas (apart from medicals) that was submitted at the end of April. I guess we are just waiting for a case worker and then hopefully approval............ how long is a piece of string?

Any thoughts on time scales or eager to hear about other's experiences.

Thanks

Craig

Craig

Welcome to blog

Just rough timeline, if DRC application say 4 months and if NON DRC plan for 9+ months

HI everyone,

I rang to DIAC Melbourne and asked about the processing time of RSMS. One of the staffs from RSMS desk told me that these days it takes 6-8 months to finalize the RSMS 187 visa application. But the good thing is that they count from the date when our employer apply for nomination.

One of my friend in Darwin got her employer nomination approved few days ago while her employer applied for nomination at the last week of December 2012. Mine also done on 8 Jan 2013. Hope to get approval soon.

Good luck to everyone..........

​Dev

Craig

Welcome to blog

Just rough timeline, if DRC application say 4 months and if NON DRC plan for 9+ months

Hi Everyone

Just thought we would join the thread as we wait for our 187 Visa (DE).

We moved to Adelaide in September 2012 on a 457 visa but have been encouraged and assisted by my employer to get PR. We started the ball rolling at the end of March and the first 2 stages were completed relatively quickly. The Regional Certifying Body Advice was received within 3 weeks and the nomination was done within 2 weeks. We have since completed the third stage, the application and as we had a lot of the info required from the 457 visas (apart from medicals) that was submitted at the end of April. I guess we are just waiting for a case worker and then hopefully approval............ how long is a piece of string?

Any thoughts on time scales or eager to hear about other's experiences.

Thanks

Craig

It's pretty difficult to say just how long an RSMS application will take. DIAC has no real official stance on their processing times for DRC applications, but based on what I have seen on here, I think it would be safe to say 3-6 months for a DRC application. For non-DRC applications, although the DIAC website provides a service standard processing time of 6 months, I think a more realistic timeframe is 6-9 months. There are so many factors that can affect an application - DRC vs. non-DRC, which processing centre the application is at, whether the applicant is from a high-risk or low-risk country, etc. FYI - Melbourne is definitely the slowest of the three processing centres.

However, having said that, there are still a good few of us on here who are still waiting for our applications to be approved, and we have been waiting months. I'm 6 days away from 9 months since lodgement and my CO has had my file for 4 weeks (from tomorrow). My application was non-DRC and I'm from a low-risk country. There are others on here that have been waiting longer - some up to a year now. As of recently there haven't been any RSMS applications granted. Some of us have speculated that it is due to the department reaching their quota of 16,000 RSMS visas for the processing year (which is the same as the financial year). So the question here is will DIAC grant any more visas this month or will they carry ours over to the new year and grant them in July? Nobody really knows. The best advice I can really give is to prepare yourself for a long wait. If you give yourself a timeframe of say 6-9 months and it happens sooner, that's great. If you give yourself (or have been given) a shorter timeframe and it is not granted within that timeframe, it only sets you up for frustration and disappointment. Good luck!

Something else just to add here... I would take advice given my DIAC general enquires phone representatives with a grain of salt to be honest. I know that sounds terrible because they should all be providing consistent and accurate information, but the truth is, they don't. They have on several occasions misinformed myself and my employer regarding processing times for the RSMS visa. So be weary of what they tell you. Some of them really have no idea what they're talking about.

Edited by SonicBlue82

Hi everyone ..! So happy finaly after 12 months of wait yesterday I got email from case officer about visa119 pregrant letter .i booked my flights to Thailand for Monday.

Good luck to everyone who r still waiting for their visa.

Fantastic news. Congratulations!

Hi don't worry lovepreet you can apply 3more appeal first RRT and federal court and if both refuse finally minister review if you go through this process you have more then one year and in the mean time you will get your visa. And one more thing if you keep working in your field minister will never refuse your visa . Two of my friends got visa through this process.

Hi everyone ..! So happy finaly after 12 months of wait yesterday I got email from case officer about visa119 pregrant letter .i booked my flights to Thailand for Monday.

Good luck to everyone who r still waiting for their visa.

Congraz ... ...enjoy ur flight ...

Guest syd84

Hi guys I need bit of information ....I was told by my migration agent that according to DIAC new policy I have to have 2 years full time experience prior to lodging RSMS application...anyone has more info on that .??..Please help. .

Hi guys I need bit of information ....I was told by my migration agent that according to DIAC new policy I have to have 2 years full time experience prior to lodging RSMS application...anyone has more info on that .??..Please help. .

I looked through the other night and couldn't find anything at all saying that. However, immigration don't always make everything hugely clear. It may even be a new rule coming in on July 1st (although then I'm sure there would be a rush of applications). Maybe you could ask them for a link to the legislation (then come share it here lol). Good luck.

Guest syd84
I looked through the other night and couldn't find anything at all saying that. However, immigration don't always make everything hugely clear. It may even be a new rule coming in on July 1st (although then I'm sure there would be a rush of applications). Maybe you could ask them for a link to the legislation (then come share it here lol). Good luck.

Thanks for reply blossom79 he told me that he has info on legend. com which I can't access ...I also tried to do search but couldn't find anything like that. .Once I have more information I will share it on here..thanx again

I am not sure as well for this new policy, However, my lawyer ask for my working experience last week. I don't know what for, because i applied everything through my lawyer

Applicant who apply after 1 July 2013 should fulfill the requirement below:

The applicant must have a positive

skills assessment and three years

work experience, or be exempt.

*Exemptions are available to eligible

applicants. More information is

available at Permanent Employer-

Sponsored Visa Program reforms

Hi Syd84, I guess you are right. I am sharing a link that I thought relevant. Please go through.

http://dlegal.com.au/migration-main-menu/employer-sponsored-work-visa-australia/65-rsms-employer-sponsored-regional-work-visa-austral/1623-unannounced-regional-employer-sponsored-187-rsms-visa-policy-change.html

Thanks Blossom,

Got a 457 visa sorted a few weeks ago, so I'm ok there. Just have to decide where to go next. Pretty disheartened at the moment, so I'll probably reassess the whole PR situation once I've had a chance to clear my head and get over the initial disappointment.

As in dependent visa, you are not eligible for apply other visa as main applicant. But if you are in 457 visa now, I think you can apply for 187 rsms visa..

New Skilled Occupation List from 1 July 2013

"DIAC has announced the annual update of the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), which will be effective from 1 July 2013.

This is an update of the current Skilled Occupation List is specified in Schedule 1 of Legislative Instrument IMMI 13/020 [F22013L00546]. It is not an update of Schedule 2 (Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List) of that legislative instrument.

The following occupations have been removed from the SOL:

• Hospital Pharmacist ANZSCO 251511

• Retail Pharmacist ANZSCO 251513

• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics) ANZSCO 323111

• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) ANZSCO 323112

• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Structures) ANZSCO 323113

Timeline for us -

May 2012 - Employer Nomination Approved - Aircraft Engineer, Avionics

Sept 2012 - Visa Application submitted

April 2013 - Told under new Visa Sub-classes our Employer Nomination does not match our Visa Application Stream - Cancel Visa Application and ask for refund

April 2013 - Re-submitted Employer Nomination Acknowledged

April 2013 - Visa Application submitted - 187 Temporary Transition - All documumentation/medicals included so effectively DR application.

May 2013 - Visa Approved - Original fee refunded

As much as DIAC can be a nightmare to deal with I have to say they pulled through for us in a way that was unexpected and a pleasant change from the apparent 'norm'. The CO was very helpful regarding the cancellation, refund and re-submitting of the Visa Application.

Timeline for us -

May 2012 - Employer Nomination Approved - Aircraft Engineer, Avionics

Sept 2012 - Visa Application submitted

April 2013 - Told under new Visa Sub-classes our Employer Nomination does not match our Visa Application Stream - Cancel Visa Application and ask for refund

April 2013 - Re-submitted Employer Nomination Acknowledged

April 2013 - Visa Application submitted - 187 Temporary Transition - All documumentation/medicals included so effectively DR application.

May 2013 - Visa Approved - Original fee refunded

As much as DIAC can be a nightmare to deal with I have to say they pulled through for us in a way that was unexpected and a pleasant change from the apparent 'norm'. The CO was very helpful regarding the cancellation, refund and re-submitting of the Visa Application.

Congratulations, Very positive experience to be shared with others.

our members can learn lot from you.

Please, wait for questions.