RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Sonic, I totally agree, and have done the whole way through this process that it is not fair or right the way immigration processes the rsms visa. For other visas it is much more structured.

The requirement for the Adelaide rcb to advertise in seek etc is not new. My job was advertised two years ago now, and that was the requirements then. We were told two websites, one of which should be seek.com and the advertiser, for one month. The other website could be an industry one.

I totally agree also about immigration not adding a 'your visa will take longer than normal' bit on the acknowledgement letters. They knew in June that applications were going to get delayed and didn't add it to anyone's letters, just on their website.

It was however on their website and email updates way before you applied, and I would be shocked if your agent didn't know about it.

Tecnically immigration are not supposed to give out any info to you or your employer if you have a migration agent. Only the migration agent. And most on the phone lines don't really know what they are talking about. I personally don't think you will be waiting for too much longer. You are category 1, low risk country, you will be fine.

Just wait though, when you get your visa you will feel like a different person! I actually kept randomly crying for about two weeks. One of the really odd things I noticed was that I was randomly singing to myself as I went about my day. Not unusual for the me of two years before, but the me waiting for the visa just hadn't been free enough. It is a great feeling, and you will be there soon enough.

Edited by blossom

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my timeline,

My application is at parramatta office. Occupation is Motor Mechanic,

Nomination and application lodged 05 june 2012 after the RCB ok

Case Officer allocated and nomination approved around the 7th May 2013

CO asked me for new AFP(because expired) and my daughter medicals because she was born in October after the lodgement ,

Does it mean it should be ok if my CO asked for further information like that ?

good luck everyone

Here is my timeline,

My application is at parramatta office. Occupation is Motor Mechanic,

Nomination and application lodged 05 june 2012 after the RCB ok

Case Officer allocated and nomination approved around the 7th May 2013

CO asked me for new AFP(because expired) and my daughter medicals because she was born in October after the lodgement ,

Does it mean it should be ok if my CO asked for further information like that ?

good luck everyone

It's a good sign yes.

hi, I am new in this thread . I am reading this thread since last year. I need some advise I am goning to apply rsms 187 visa I alrady lodge my nomination but no case officer yet. next year they are going to increase the visa fees that's why I ma going to apply this month. I just download 187 visa decision ready chk and under direct section they ask certified copy of qualification and work experience. I am apply direct entry stream . I have advance diploma . but I do not have work experience . but I used to work in my home country. my question is can I submit my oversease work experience.

my timeline

RCB APPLY 3 SEP2012

APPROVED 15 OCT2012

NOMINATION APPLY 15 NOV

ACK RECIVED 25 NOV

OCCUPATION RETAIL MANGER

PERTH CENTER

Thanks for reply , actually I work in IT company wipro as customer service manger. the jobs duties is different than my current nomine postion. I already have advance diploma in bussines mangemnt from Australia. its one year full time diploma . so I wish to know still I need some experience. becoz its nothing mention on the chk list, like one year or two years.

I used to work in Wipro franchise in 2005 to 2008.

Hi 187visa. You and me are under the IT. Regarding, about my case, i want to share u some information what i was doing before lodge visa. Ive done diploma in webdevelopment which is under the system analyst category that still available in occupation list and also i had work experience in my country before i come to aus. So, i applied skillaccessment at australian computer society which is for migration purpose, was support to get approved like work recommendation and also what i did job task in that job, after one months i got apprivement for system analyst. After that i applied RCB to apply 119 visa nomination. One month later got rcb approved, i applied last june now waiting nomination and decision. Immi asked my employer to prove that business is currently running in aus such as bas and others. Hopefully, i will get good new soon

Thanks for reply , actually I work in IT company wipro as customer service manger. the jobs duties is different than my current nomine postion. I already have advance diploma in bussines mangemnt from Australia. its one year full time diploma . so I wish to know still I need some experience. becoz its nothing mention on the chk list, like one year or two years.

I used to work in Wipro franchise in 2005 to 2008.

If it is not the same type of job then no you can't use it. I do remember something about work experience for the 187, but I don't have time to check at the moment, it might only have been one stream though.

No, it doesn't look like you need any experience, so you should be fine.

Hi Blossom

How can we inquire on phone in immigration about our application. what they require from us? Do you know Number? please help me.

​Thank You

Hi everyone I got the pr visa today morning I don't know about co allocating date i got the visa directly I m very happy today hope everyone will get before June my time lines is 13 June drc high risk cook at melborne and Thanku very much to blossom and move 2

Hi everyone I got the pr visa today morning I don't know about co allocating date i got the visa directly I m very happy today hope everyone will get before June my time lines is 13 June drc high risk cook at melborne and Thanku very much to blossom and move 2

Very happy for you. All the very best for your future.

Congrats!!!! So happy for ya!

Hi just got my pre-grant email now, its been a very tough wait but now it all seems worth it, have booked my flight to Bali for Wednesday. Thanks to everyone for all the support and keep up the good work!

Congrats!!! That's awesome news!!!!

Hang in there! We all have been through this road before and it was a rocky one! I for one waited more than 10 months for my PR.

Hang in there, ok?

Cheers!

Further to all of this, I just received an e-mail from my employer stating the following:

I phoned DIAC Melbourne PSE Office (131 881) again today for a further check and this time I was informed the following:

That I should not have been informed by other DIAC staff that there is a 2 month for nomination review and 5 months for application review. And, that I should work on the basis that the entire process takes 6-9 months from date of lodgement. Meaning that if the lodgement was in September 2012, the visa should be issued by June this year (if there are no issues).

They advised that there has been no case officer assigned to this nomination according to their system and that if a case officer had been assigned then our migration agent would have received an email informing him of this

My employer then contacted the office of my MA and they forwarded an e-mail to my employer with the contact details of the case officer.

I'm actually disgusted by the inconsistency of information provided by DIAC. How could they say that no case officer has been assigned when we now have an e-mail from my MA with the case officers details!?

Well anyway, my MA is apparently ill at the moment and his assistant will be back in the office on Wednesday. So my employer is going to wait until then, and if there is no movement then he will contact the case officer himself to see where we're at... And as they're saying 6-9 months from the date of lodgement, that leaves a mere 25 days until 9 months...... This is enough for me to chill out a bit for the weekend.

I agree with blosson79. Hang in there!!!

Sonic, I totally agree, and have done the whole way through this process that it is not fair or right the way immigration processes the rsms visa. For other visas it is much more structured.

The requirement for the Adelaide rcb to advertise in seek etc is not new. My job was advertised two years ago now, and that was the requirements then. We were told two websites, one of which should be seek.com and the advertiser, for one month. The other website could be an industry one.

I totally agree also about immigration not adding a 'your visa will take longer than normal' bit on the acknowledgement letters. They knew in June that applications were going to get delayed and didn't add it to anyone's letters, just on their website.

It was however on their website and email updates way before you applied, and I would be shocked if your agent didn't know about it.

Tecnically immigration are not supposed to give out any info to you or your employer if you have a migration agent. Only the migration agent. And most on the phone lines don't really know what they are talking about. I personally don't think you will be waiting for too much longer. You are category 1, low risk country, you will be fine.

Just wait though, when you get your visa you will feel like a different person! I actually kept randomly crying for about two weeks. One of the really odd things I noticed was that I was randomly singing to myself as I went about my day. Not unusual for the me of two years before, but the me waiting for the visa just hadn't been free enough. It is a great feeling, and you will be there soon enough.

Hi just got my pre-grant email now, its been a very tough wait but now it all seems worth it, have booked my flight to Bali for Wednesday. Thanks to everyone for all the support and keep up the good work!

​Congrats