You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

clickettuk

Beer Tasters and Koala Catchers in Demand

Nearly crashed my car this morning when I heard a report on my local radio station. Apparently, the Australian Government are launching a new campaign today as they are in desparate need of UK workers. Jobs in demand included Beer Tasters and Koala Catchers. Maybe its Category 1 for those occupations! Well I'm pretty skilled in the first one, so who do I call to get my visa?

Michael.

:wink:

176 SS non-CSL: April 2009 IELTS; May 2009 Skills Assessment; 22nd May 2009 Lodged 175; 21st September 2009 Lodged ACT SS; 7th January 2010 ACT SS Approved and switched to 176; 17th November 2010 Cat 2 and Case Officer assigned; 8th December 2010 VISA GRANTED :jiggy:

Guest Aldo
Nearly crashed my car this morning when I heard a report on my local radio station. Apparently, the Australian Government are launching a new campaign today as they are in desparate need of UK workers. Jobs in demand included Beer Tasters and Koala Catchers. Maybe its Category 1 for those occupations! Well I'm pretty skilled in the first one, so who do I call to get my visa?

Michael.

:wink:

here's the story in the Daily Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/08/10/wanted-roo-poo-collector-115875-22477270/

Guest JK2510

Hi!

OMG! Lol. Put my OH down for a beer tasting!! He is a real pro!

Guest rachbarlow

Imagine doing your practical assessment for those skills, if that is what they are!!! :biglaugh: Now I would pay to watch that!

I had a look on the SA government website and I couldn't see anything about this, however the BBC are saying it is the SA government that is offering the roles. I might move there from NSW

Immigration system in Australia is comedy of errors.

Koala catchers...the animal sleeps like 20 hours a day and they need people all the way from UK to catch em?

Absolute joke.