400 Registered Nurses needed urgently, to fill jobs around Australia

Guest Susan Wareham McGrath

Guest The Skye family

Hi

I am a pediatric nurse in the UK intending to move to Melbourne in the near future with my husband and kids. We intend to apply for the 457 visa initially. Does your client have any suitable posts in this area?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Jobs for nurses in Melbourne are very few and far between. I am a nurse and have been here for nearly 5 years. I am a Trauma nurse but work in Emergency, Medical and surgical settings. I am ón the bank and seem to get plenty of work but to gain perm employment is just not happening.

I have decided to give up nursing and open an ice cream shop. I suggest any future nurses do not come here in the hope that you will get a job. It is just not happening.

• 11 months later...
Guest genorm

As far as I'm aware, jobs in public hospitals may be available under the state sponsorship schemes, but some just won't sponsor as they feel that there are many local NQN's who will get a job by not bringing in overseas candidates.

Also, if you are a UK educated nurse, you don't need to do IELTs - even though the AHPRA registration documentation is a little confusing on this issue.

We're advertsing all the time, all nurses, all over Australia - but unfortunately, we only deal with the private sector as their Application process is must quicker than a state sponsored one.

Archived