Calling all Brisbannites! September Meet-up!

Guest Benchola

Guest Benchola

Hey all,

We've been in Brisbane just over a week now and we know of a few people and families who are already here, and several more who all coming over in August / September.

So I reckon a Brisbane meet-up would be in order for all who are interested!

I would like to suggest that we all meet-in in New Farm Park. It may be a bit of a way for some (it will be for us as we'll be in Chapel Hill!), but it's a great park for families. There is plenty of parking (provided you get there early), what could potentially be the best children's playground that I ever seen and public bbq's galore! I can't imagine anywhere better as it has just about everything we could need.

How about we all meet up on Saturday 18 September 2010 at say 11am? All those who wish to come bring some prawns and sausages for the barbie and don't forget the coldies! The kids can run themselves silly on the playground whilst the parents gather in prayer round the barbie.

If you're in favour then just shout out!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Michael Rimmer

Matt and Sharon,

You can count us in, thats a great idea.

Michael, Sharron and Jacob (5) - flying to Brisbane on 29th August...

Hi Matt,

Great idea, shame we cant as we wont be there til mid November, but hopefully there will be more meet ups that we can come to, and you'll be old hands by then!

Cheers

Shaz

Me too! for Nov onwards - For Round Two!!

Enjoy yourselves!!!

Guest Borny

Shame - that's a week before we arrive! November sounds good though - looking forward to meeting some friendly faces then...

Guest philcoates1981

That would be great, we have been here about six weeks and live in redland bay, we have two girls aged 1 & 3 so that sounds good to me,

Phil & Helen

Guest Benchola
That would be great, we have been here about six weeks and live in redland bay, we have two girls aged 1 & 3 so that sounds good to me,

Phil & Helen

Fabulous - we've two kids as well. Jacob is 5 and Isobel is 2, so it would be good to meet up. I'll post up more details nearer the time but if you want to hook up any sooner then just send me a pm.

How are you guys finding it so far? We've only been here for 10 days and still getting to grips with the lingo!

Guest philcoates1981

could meet up before if you like, maybe somewhere in half way ish! Wellington point is pretty good for the kids and maybe a barbie! We have been here six weeks and there seems to be so much to sort out. I think we are just about sorted with regards to centrelink, medicare etc. The in laws went back to England today so they have been a huge help in settling in! Everyone seems to be friendly so far and we have rented somewhere in Redland Bay for twelve months which seems to be a good area. I am having the kids for a couple of months while they settle in and the mrs has started work as a midwife. Where are you staying?

Guest annemarie and brian

anne marie brian karla and leah

hopefully count us in we arrive on the 12th sept we are staying in thornlands i think its cleveland if you could let us know where abouts it is would be lovely.

annemarie

Guest CraigandZoe

Arrive on the 2nd of Sept and would love to come along. It does depend on a number of factors though. We will be living in Dayboro for a start so a fair distance. Just gotta see how things pan out in those first few weeks. We haven't ruled out traveling to New Zealand yet for a bit first too so may not be around. Would be great to meet some of you guys and share stories.

Guest Benchola

Here's the address for New Farm Park:

967 Brunswick St

New Farm Queensland 4005

You can also search for it on Google Maps under 'New Farm Park, Brisbane'.

We took some photo's of the kids play area last week so we'll post them up on the site later as this is where we will be meeting.

Looking forward to it!

Guest annemarie and brian

benchola,

Thank you for the address we shall see you then i know this sounds silly,

how will i know its all you?

annemarie xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Boyle family
Hey all,

We've been in Brisbane just over a week now and we know of a few people and families who are already here, and several more who all coming over in August / September.

So I reckon a Brisbane meet-up would be in order for all who are interested!

I would like to suggest that we all meet-in in New Farm Park. It may be a bit of a way for some (it will be for us as we'll be in Chapel Hill!), but it's a great park for families. There is plenty of parking (provided you get there early), what could potentially be the best children's playground that I ever seen and public bbq's galore! I can't imagine anywhere better as it has just about everything we could need.

How about we all meet up on Saturday 18 September 2010 at say 11am? All those who wish to come bring some prawns and sausages for the barbie and don't forget the coldies! The kids can run themselves silly on the playground whilst the parents gather in prayer round the barbie.

If you're in favour then just shout out!

Hi. Count us in as well please. We arrive on the 11th September. Look forward to meeting you all.

Janet, Craig, Mark (who will be 17 on the 17th Sept) and Dan 13

Hi can we come too,been in southside since June,and have just met another family that have just landed too,so i'll mention it to them.

We are family of 4 (mum-Beccy ,dad-Chris and 2 kids aged 11 and 12)they can bring a ball or something if they are too big for the park.Sounds really good and can't wait.

Guest Benchola
Hi can we come too,been in southside since June,and have just met another family that have just landed too,so i'll mention it to them.

We are family of 4 (mum-Beccy ,dad-Chris and 2 kids aged 11 and 12)they can bring a ball or something if they are too big for the park.Sounds really good and can't wait.

Other than the play ground / area (with climbing frames and walkways that wind in and out of all of the fig-trees) there are plenty of fields and open grass areas near-bye - so feel free to bring bat's / balls / younameit!

I've finally gotten round to getting this event put on the calender, so please make sure that you have a look and rsvp.

Looking forward to it. :jiggy:

Guest Benchola
Hope you all have fun. Won't make it, don't arrive til end October. Heres hoping theres a round 2.

If it's a success, and everyone enjoys it, there's no reason why it couldn't become a regular event! I see that the expats in Melbourne, for instance, have a monthly social get-together. So why not Brisbane? :wideeyed:

Guest Benchola
I'm up for that Benchola,we could even move around the different parks,good way to get to know the areas

see you soon beccy

That would certainly be the idea! :biggrin:

Guest cosmicsis

Hi Benchola, that sounds brilliant - count us in - we have been before last year and it's the best park i have ever been to. Will see you there x x x

Archived