register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Malkitek

Oil and Gas industry, ROV pilot

Hi,

My hubbie is a ROV pilot working world wide in the oil and gas industry. We were wondering if anyone else does this job from Oz, and if there would be a preferred place to live in Oz to make work easier?

Thanks for any info

Gill x:unsure:

Gill (40!), nurse, and Mal (43), ROV pilot tech.

IELTS 8.5 01/10, ANMC 05/10, SA SS 10/10, 176 application 11/10, 01/11 on SA SMP!!!, CO 14/2/11, visa granted 17/03/11 :yes:, living in SA since aug 2011.

Hi there, I have seen an advert a little while ago, a company called EDI I think was recruiting for the oil and gas project just starting of north WA, fly in and out and were offering to sponsor people in, good luck

Subsea 7 have an office in Perth.

Basically two main areas for O&G in Perth are the Bass Strait (south of Victoria) and the Western Shelf (guess where!)

Western Shelf is the next biggie - Gorgon, Wheatstone and various other large projects either kicking off or in the pipeline (no pun intended) so Perth is probably the best location.

Obviously ROV pilots are on a vessel so access to airports is probably more important than actual location especially as China is also away to start a few major projects too.

AsiaPac as a whole is probably a good growth sector for his line of business but Perth is the Australian equivalent of Aberdeen as far as O&G companes are concerned.

PIO members are like triangles. Most of us are (a)cute but there are also those who are down right obtuse. Treat us all as equilaterals and we won't fall out. :biggrin: