All Vehicle - Mechanics Thread

Guest Noodle

We have our Visa, booked flights for 26th Feb, visiting Melbourne for just short of a week before we land in Geelong. Hubby got a job and now trying to sort christmas, two of my children have birthdays, sort house, close house up (bills, etc) and find somewhere to live. Mmmm, all in a days work!!! lol

Leila xxx

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,We Are Fine Thanks. SS By Canberra And I Am On Canberras SMP (Motor Mechanic) We Got Our C/O (17/11/2010) And Have Booked Our Meds As Requested! (Meds Booked Manchester Jan 19th 2011),So Hopefully We Will Be In Canberra Sept 2011 , Subject To Getting Our Visa Early In 2011, Etc!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Steve+Wendy:jiggy:

Hi steve + Wendy, that's great news. Hope everything goes well for you next year. It seems that everything has been processed pretty quick with the smp being out so shouldn't be too much longer once you have done your meds! Are you applying for jobs for September or are you waiting till you get out there? Good luck! X

Hi there, yes things are moving very fast, must be for you too. Seems there are many people moving and not sharing at the moment on here! Tracey123 (Geoff) is trying to get the community feel back by trying to organize a meet on the other side, I mentioned trying to do another meet in Tameside and surround this end and no one has responded.

Although we are going to different states it would be great to keep in touch from time to time and please keep plugging this thread you are doing a great job. You never know one day someone may thank you, add to your reputation or even give instead of just take.

Leila x

Thanks leila, it's all gone mad here getting packed and ready to go! It seems really strange packing hubby's stuff in it's entirety to take out with us and only taking mine & my little girls holiday stuff! 

I'm looking forward to getting out there, and actually looking for rentals and where we want to live etc, but it's going to be so hard to come home middle of January!

I hope that now the smps are out that there are more mechanic realising the dream. It'll be great to hear how everyone is getting in both with visas and jobs.

It gives you that warm feeling when you hear the visas coming through and knowing fellow professions are making the move! 

I'm sat up now waiting for WA to open their online applications, so going to be knackered tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that we can give the application a go ourselves, but if needs be will get an agent involved.

Good luck

Dawn x

Guest perth42

Hi Dawn have you done it? I have just finished :biggrin: sending to agent to get once over... hopefully its strong enough to get one of the golden tickets! Sorry not been in touch over the weekend - I am flu'd up and feel pants as you can imagine!

I hope this snow lark is not going to affect your flights - Qantas took off today when all other flights were grounded!!! If I don't get chance to speak with you before you go have a wonderful, magical time in Perth - you'll love it! I will catch you on your return :wink:

Right I'm back off to my sick bed!!! xxx

Hi Dawn have you done it? I have just finished :biggrin: sending to agent to get once over... hopefully its strong enough to get one of the golden tickets! Sorry not been in touch over the weekend - I am flu'd up and feel pants as you can imagine!

I hope this snow lark is not going to affect your flights - Qantas took off today when all other flights were grounded!!! If I don't get chance to speak with you before you go have a wonderful, magical time in Perth - you'll love it! I will catch you on your return :wink:

Right I'm back off to my sick bed!!! xxx

Hi Lou, not that's fine, I hope you are feeling better. I've been nursing my little girl all weekend, I just hope she gets rid of it before Thursday! :yes:

Yep, we sent it last night, I just hope I've filled it all in OK. It looked pretty straight forward but I wasn't quite sure how much narrative to put, whether to go overboard and bore them, or be brief and to the point.

We have done quite a bit of homework on the cost of living out there, but you never know do you if you've missed something off. I'm starting to panic now that we should have used an agent and maybe that would have been the best way to go, but it does seems basic questions, I just hope there was nothing hidden in there! :chatterbox: Feel like I'm rambling now!

Anyway the wait begins. Let me know if your agent has suggested anything to you or if you hear anything from WA, that way I can freak out when I think I have filled it in wrong! :arghh:

When we printed out at the end it didn't show that the CV had been downloaded so I started to panic and rang them, but they assured me that it had attached and it was all there. They were really friendly and helpful.

We are flying out of Manchester which doesn't have any problems at the minute, so we should be OK. So far anyway!

Take care and keep me posted

Dawn x

Guest perth42

Hi Dawn

I'm having massive problems!!! Last night I would let me put loads of stuff into the evidence boxes and today it says error!!! I spoke to our agent as I keep putting stuff in and it won't save and I know this happened to another friend last night (as well as the CV saying its not uploaded!) He has suggested I give it 24hrs and try again! Its really fustrating, I'm pulling my hair out and should really be in bed!!

Hope your daughter recovers quickly! Have a wonderful flight and holiday xxx

Oh no, it would be killing me not being able to complete it. There does seem to be a few issues around by the looks of things. Try giving them a call and see what they say, they were so helpful when we called. It might help you get somewhere rather than just waiting 24 hours. I so hope you get it sorted lou. Let us know.

Dawn x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Reed dog

Had my family permanent resident visa for a year now and just quit my job in Formula 1 after travelling the world for 17 years. I was trained as an aircraft technician engines and airframes and moved into F1 after leaving RAF after 14 years. My problem is, what next. I have run departments like gearbox shops etc all my life, but is that what dealers want? I want to start a new career and spend some time with my young family. We aim to be in Melbourne in March. Any advice.

Guest perth42

Hi all

Just wanted to ask a crystal ball question or two... For all you motor mechanics who have been lucky enough to have been granted a golden ticket (175/176) how long did it take from start to finish? Which visa had you been granted? I'm trying with the new year to think about getting the house on the Market but OH wants to make sure we get a visa before we try to sell our home...

Many thanks :wink: :biggrin:

Guest Noodle

Take a look at my time line (lodged Visa 4 Nov 09 and got a case officer 4 November 10) below, please note that they closed the doors beginning of the year and not sure how things will pan out with all the changes and, from State to State. Best wishes Leila x

Guest perth42

Thanks leila, I guess you have wheels in motion for the big move then. I realise that this might have been the case but it looks as door closed and you got your visa soon as they opened again. Great news if it took a yr under those circumstances. I'm having everything crossed because of the doors being closed for such a long time and no doubt only opened for a short period of time we get it sooner rather than later... Our friends who are now Aussie citizens went out 3yrs ago (when we first applied) they got their 175 in just under 3 months!

Cheers again lou :wink:

Guest Noodle

Yes, very fortunate. We sold house and moved October 1st, after having house on the market for just over two years! and 1 month, 1 weeks later we had a CO. But to be honest there was someone who had lodged (on PIO, can't remember who) for the same occupation as OH and to the same state 8 months after us and had a CO. So, for the first time ever on PIO all my toys came out of the pram because this person had no intention of staying in VIC when they applied.:cry:

I called the DIAC, NO I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS OTHER PERSON, and asked if we needed to get new passports for the children and just happened to ask if we had a CO as our Status has not changedd since we lodged ermmmmmm, we got a CO two days later. I do think it was down to Vic releasing their SMPs first and the fact that I was cheeky enough to ask.

All the best Ley x

Guest perth42

Hi ley

thanks again. Long time for house to sell but at least you haven't got that to worry about now :wink: I have another question from your response. How do you view your online status? We have an agent so not sure if they have access to it. Bit clueless on this bit!! I know when we submitted for WA on 21st I had a look a couple of days later but didn't on the application page (I used the ref etc that Wa gave us) it said it could not find it (because it had been submitted..)

lou :biggrin:

Guest Noodle

Once you lodge your Visa you are given a TRN (Transaction Reference Number), go to the immi.gov.au website, check e-visa application, click general skilled migration and it should come up with a page asking for yout TRN number, passport number, date of birth and country you are in now. If memoery serves me, if this is not correct I will check as if I was checking my own application and get back to you! You could ask your agent for your TRN number, if you do not have that you can't check your status. If you get it do not worry if you status says 'documents required' ours did until after we had our visa grant.

We are ALL clueless when it comes to migration, you just ask and learn as you go along. Best of luck and PM me if you get stuck. Leila x

Hi all just a quick update now that we have got our breath since being here.

Rob has now met the garage and all is ready for when his box arrives, hopefully on 17th Jan, he will then start on the 24th! Eeek!

Everyone has been really nice at the dealership and he just wants to get started now working.

The dealership that has sponsored Rob and has also sponsored two others from the UK on 457 visa's who start in the next couple of months as they just can't get the experience out here, so there are plenty of jobs certainly in Perth anyway for people with good european expereince.

I hope that everyone else is OK? It seems to have been quite quiet on here at the moment, I'm assuming it's because people are now just waiting for SS applications to be approved so there is not alot of movement to talk about. :chatterbox:

Guest perth42

Great news Dawn, and very reassuring for all mechanics who are in a panic that they won't get in to Oz before the next lot of planned changes! So glad everything is going so well for you. Xx :biggrin: :wink: :jiggy:

Guest jackfrew

Hi Dawn, Glad it is all going well. The job's situation is great to hear for the rest of us. Enjoy the sun.

Sharon.xx

Guest karl276

hi all

i'm a plant fitter with 10 years post appretiship experance was looking on lots of diffrent web sites for work in australia after sitting down with my wife and desiding that we wanted to move and i found the one that was for me and my famaily on poms in oz, i sent off my cv and had a primery interveiw and then conducted a 14 question essay and handed in with my application form. i then had my finial interveiew a 6:30am( a bad time in the morning to carry out a positive conversation) but all was good i have signed my contract off employment and now we are applying for are 457 visa's ready to move to mackay qld in 2011. many thanks for reading karl and famaily

Archived