All Vehicle - Mechanics Thread

Guest Noodle

Guest Noodle

That would be great thanks, I am off to bed now (night shift) when my body clock returns to normal'ish! tomorrow. I will post. Thank you xxx

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Holly and Darren,thanks for your post. I think you are in a much better position than myself and my wife,as you have your youth on your side. Looking at things now,we wish we had thought seriously about moving to OZ years ago,but what with bringing up our children and working to pay mortgages,etc we never thought about it as seriously as we are now. What with myself being the main applicant and I will be 45 y/o in October this year,we are a bit worried about being granted a visa,but they told me that as long as I lodge my application before I am 45,we should be ok?

Vetassess Passed 24th May 2010 and Visa Lodged Online 19th August 2010. We are attatching our documents this week! So now the waiting game Starts!!!!!!

Thanks Steve. It does seem to have been one thing after another this year and please do keep us posted, I will be posting if anything happens. Like you say it is all a BIG FAT 'IF' at the mo and no one knows what is really going to follow. All we can do if keep everything crossed, hope and prey. Re you comment about someone getting a case officer in two days I'd love to know what profession it was for? Thanks again. Ley x:cool:

Hi Noodle,Thanks for your quick reply. You say you have lodged your visa application 04th November 2009,have you got a Case Officer Yet and what about Police Checks and Medicals,sorry so many questions to ask and that's before we think about shipping all our stuff over if we get our Visa Granted???

Can you please let us know what has happened with your application,as you seem to have been waiting since November 2009 and Nothing has happened,or am I wrong on that?

Thank's Steve and Wendy.

Guest Noodle

Hi Steve, we have not got a CO yet and yes it does seem like we have been waiting an age! Some on here have been waiting much longer, I just think it is with all the changes they have been trying to implement - hope so... Just seem to be in limbo like everyone else. As soon as things change I will post as it lifts my spirits when others take one step closer. Ley x

Hi Steve, we have not got a CO yet and yes it does seem like we have been waiting an age! Some on here have been waiting much longer, I just think it is with all the changes they have been trying to implement - hope so... Just seem to be in limbo like everyone else. As soon as things change I will post as it lifts my spirits when others take one step closer. Ley x

Hi,Thank's Ley (Is that your name)? just seems strange calling you "Noodle"

I suppose what with all the Vetassess time and costs, it seems to be a never ending process of fees and applications,etc!!!! Hope it's all worth it in the end?

Have you looked in to costs for Medicals,Police Checks and Shipping Costs,etc or are you not looking at those costs just yet?

Thank's for posting replys so quickly.

Steve and Wendy x

Guest Noodle

The recession has hit since we last looked at cost(s), we have just started looking into size and distance and discussing for definite what life we would like to live when we get there. We have a slight difference of opinion, nothing major, but it all boils down to a job (availability) first and foremost. What about you guys what are you looking for? Tell you what, we can meet up for a chat in the chat room one night. x

hi guys I have recently relocated to Melbourne from Devon UK I was a lecturer and Taught Vehicle engineering at local FE college, I have been told cause I am over 50, I need sponsorship to be able to work: so am looking for work on my tools: how easy was it for you to get sponsorship?

Guest Noodle

Hi Jaffa, my hubby did his Vetassess (see beginning of thread), not sure what you do from over there. I also think there is an agency that speicalises in job sponsorship which someone spoke about on this thread as well. Trawl this thread and you will be able to pm the members who posted similar thing to your questions. Sorry I can't be of any help as we are in the UK and not going down the path you are. Best of luck. Ley x

Guest Prickles83

The TRA looks at your experience and qualifications and decides whether they are of the same level as Australian Apprenticeships etc- that's my understanding anywho- you have to have your experience and qualifications assessed before you can apply for a perminant visa- that's why my OH has sent his TRA application is as we are currently applying for 856ens permanent sponsored visa

The recession has hit since we last looked at cost(s), we have just started looking into size and distance and discussing for definite what life we would like to live when we get there. We have a slight difference of opinion, nothing major, but it all boils down to a job (availability) first and foremost. What about you guys what are you looking for? Tell you what, we can meet up for a chat in the chat room one night. x

Ok,thanks.We will try and catch you in the chat room .What is the best night,or night and the best time??

Steve+Wendy x:chatterbox:

Hi Jaffa 57,just read your post and from what i have read on here and other sites,TRA is what you have to apply for and pass if you are in Australia and Vetassess is what you have to apply for and pass if you are outside Australia. But you have to keep on checking the Goverment Website,as the rules keep changing and what with the Election in Australia things might change again????

I had to apply for and pass with Vetassess over here in The UK.

Good Luck

Steve+Wendy

Hi just found this site, it been playing on my mind about looking out side the UK for work for some time. i am qualified level 3 IMI (institute of motor industry) its hard to get any job where i am in london infact 50miles radius. How easy is it to get jobs in OZ? what the work standards like?

thanks

Guest lutonmatt

loads of jobs in essex but agree there is not many about at the min

and i think once your in oz with the visa's ect dont think your have to look to hard for work were ever you want to go in oz

but getting there is another thing

i have been looking into it and its not that easy

and one thing that is putting me off at the min is the time it takes

i like everything to be done yesterday and waiting months is to much for me

i am waiting to see who gets into power in oz and then see what the sol says see if teh points go down or if qld will sponsor mechanics and then make my mind up

so will be end of the year really

loads of jobs in essex but agree there is not many about at the min

and i think once your in oz with the visa's ect dont think your have to look to hard for work were ever you want to go in oz

but getting there is another thing

i have been looking into it and its not that easy

and one thing that is putting me off at the min is the time it takes

i like everything to be done yesterday and waiting months is to much for me

i am waiting to see who gets into power in oz and then see what the sol says see if teh points go down or if qld will sponsor mechanics and then make my mind up

so will be end of the year really

thanks for that tbh going there is not a issue i been there befor. i might hold out for a bit longer, see what pans out here and there.

Hi All, I have just come across this post and although I've not been on the forum long, the information on the whole of this site is excellent.

My hubby is an main dealer (audi) mechanic and passed his VETASSESS on 12/08/2010 so we are just waiting for WA to reopen the state SMP's so that we can apply for a 176 visa. Although the election is now decided it seems that it may still be some time before it reopens.

With regards to the VETASSESS my hubby was really nervous but he said the guy who run the assessment was brilliant. He really put them at ease and said that he was not there to trip them up but purely to assess their skills, there were no hidden tests within it. If you know your stuff then you will be fine.

We are now looking at a 457 visa and getting employer sponsorship, but it's not that easy when your 12k miles away! We have sent off CV's to main dealers but have had no response, my hubby is going to stay up late one evening and try calling them to chase them up. I'm not sure if the sponsorship is putting them off. Does anyone know particular main dealers which do sponsor?

My hubby is at the EXPO on Saturday in London, we only got one ticket so I can't go with him. We are trying to put a list of questions together to make sure we cover everything. We are also hoping that there will be employers there from main dealers for him to speak to but I doubt it.

I will post on here how it goes and let you know if it was worth while. Is anyone else going?

If anyone wants any specific information about the VETASSES just let me know and we will try and answer them.

Dawn

:chatterbox:

sent a cv off to techs on the move as he wanted to see my cv and he said

so is the end of the line on that route will see if i can find any more but looks like i would have to wait for my visa or try for state sponser

try techs on the move it was noted that main dealer mechanics were called for, so no good for us. might be worth sending off your cv.

Guest lutonmatt

ya try them they replyed back to my email the same day and was helpful

just as i am not main dealer trained he could not find a job for me

but i am waiting to see what happens out there in teh next few months and then make my mind up at the start of next year

then hope qld will ss mechanics

if not might go out there for a year and travel all around and then maybe nz the year after

Archived