Moving for the fourth time in twelve months!!

Guest valleylass

Guest valleylass

Well it's a problem of our making so I'm not complaining but the thought of packing and unpacking again makes me want to sit down at the computer on PIO, thereby avoiding ALL important and relevant tasks that will get us to our final destination. WTF is wrong with me, no urgency at all.

Anyway whilst I'm here shall I tell you about the curtains I've made and the bargain bathroom I got on ebay? OOOOOh I also got some fantastic tiles for the bathroom...and...er yes yes I am packing boxes, no love I'm not on the computer. Gotta go :policeman:

lol, sorry i had to laugh at your post! Its very similar here, we have the shippers out next week for our return to the uk, My o/h is running around like a headless chook, cleaning the rental etc, As soon as he pops out, what do i do, Oh yes! I sit down with a cuppa and log onto pio, so naughty we are.... :jiggy:

We got some great deals on ebay a couple of years ago for bathroom and kitchen tiles, no delivery charges either! OOPS thats the car... got to go.... Ssssshhhhhh x

Guest valleylass

It's alright your secret's safe with me...I just tried to log on to reply to your post and BINGO t'internet went off. I think he's tracking my cyber movements

*and frankly I can't complain I am being a pain in the ar7e*

So Dawny you're an ebayer too? What has been your best bargain to date? Oh and good luck with the return by the way! :cute:

Guest guest36762
Well it's a problem of our making so I'm not complaining but the thought of packing and unpacking again makes me want to sit down at the computer on PIO, thereby avoiding ALL important and relevant tasks that will get us to our final destination. WTF is wrong with me, no urgency at all.

Anyway whilst I'm here shall I tell you about the curtains I've made and the bargain bathroom I got on ebay? OOOOOh I also got some fantastic tiles for the bathroom...and...er yes yes I am packing boxes, no love I'm not on the computer. Gotta go :policeman:

its that Aussie lethargy virus

it got me too

I simply cannot be arsed to do anything, ever

It's alright your secret's safe with me...I just tried to log on to reply to your post and BINGO t'internet went off. I think he's tracking my cyber movements

*and frankly I can't complain I am being a pain in the ar7e*

So Dawny you're an ebayer too? What has been your best bargain to date? Oh and good luck with the return by the way! :cute:

lol, my o/h is playing x box with the kids so doesn't have a clue what i'am doing! Well i don't think so anyway?

Mmm Ebay, well one of the best ones was the year before last, some guy had some 6ft x 4ft metal framed paddling pool's , no blow up, woo hoo! for buy in now at around £80 he had some on bid starting at 99p, no idea how but we got one in auction for the 99p plus free delivery, and it had a cover lol, we got a very good deal on a 14ft trampoline with surround and cover from a company for less than £45, again free postage, how about you?

Thanks for the well wishes x

lol, sorry i had to laugh at your post! Its very similar here, we have the shippers out next week for our return to the uk, My o/h is running around like a headless chook, cleaning the rental etc, As soon as he pops out, what do i do, Oh yes! I sit down with a cuppa and log onto pio, so naughty we are.... :jiggy:

We got some great deals on ebay a couple of years ago for bathroom and kitchen tiles, no delivery charges either! OOPS thats the car... got to go.... Ssssshhhhhh x

I'm trying to arrange the move back wth 3 kids under 8 and buying a house in the UK. we are selling one car here and lots of our furniture as we need to condense down to save money. I've organised the kids back in UK school and somewhere for us to stay when we get back.

My husband continues to go to work at 5.20 am and get home at about 8pm throughout all this. The shippers are coming next week and my husband will not finish work until the week later. We are trying to save as much as we can so he has to work.

If anyone else says to me to enjoy the time we have left here I swear to God:arghh:

P.S I love ebay too :smile:

I'm trying to arrange the move back wth 3 kids under 8 and buying a house in the UK. we are selling one car here and lots of our furniture as we need to condense down to save money. I've organised the kids back in UK school and somewhere for us to stay when we get back.

My husband continues to go to work at 5.20 am and get home at about 8pm throughout all this. The shippers are coming next week and my husband will not finish work until the week later. We are trying to save as much as we can so he has to work.

If anyone else says to me to enjoy the time we have left here I swear to God:arghh:

P.S I love ebay too :smile:

It is hard Connie, when you have so much to do, we have just sold the car and two, two seater sofa's on ebay, as there is no way we would have room for the sofa's on the shipping container! Like you i have been told to enjoy the last couple of weeks, but its hard when you have so many things to organize, Also on top of things here, we like you have things to sort out in the uk for a return, Fingers crossed though the house we are buying is all going through fine! We are two weeks tomorrow, and the time has just flown by!

Guest guest36762

Connie, enjoy the time you have left in the best bloody country in the world mate

Guest guest36762
Lol you think you're clever now Dom, but in 3 weeks when you are touching back down and I'm whizzing past to Manchester.....

I'll be singing...'who's sorry now....Connie Francis:wink:

yeah but you're headin up norf where everyone wears shellsuits, talks like compo or clegg, (or worse still, Frank Sidebottom).

It is hard Connie, when you have so much to do, we have just sold the car and two, two seater sofa's on ebay, as there is no way we would have room for the sofa's on the shipping container! Like you i have been told to enjoy the last couple of weeks, but its hard when you have so many things to organize, Also on top of things here, we like you have things to sort out in the uk for a return, Fingers crossed though the house we are buying is all going through fine! We are two weeks tomorrow, and the time has just flown by!

I keep telling myself that it will fly lol I'm usually so upbeat-perhaps because I know we have a hard slog when we get back in terms of buyng this house which is proving to be a royal pain:arghh:

Guest guest36762
I keep telling myself that it will fly lol I'm usually so upbeat-perhaps because I know we have a hard slog when we get back in terms of buyng this house which is proving to be a royal pain:arghh:

maybe you'll change your mind and stay?

Awww really hope you get some good news with the house! Onwards and upwards isn't that how the saying goes! Sending you a cyber :hug: just to cheer you up! xx

Guest valleylass

i

ts that Aussie lethargy virus

it got me too

I simply cannot be arsed to do anything, ever

Can't even hide behind that pretty plausible excuse as I am in the UK however I too cannot be arsed doing anything. I do think I picked up this virus in the Queensland summer though. I like your avatar is it that Bieber boy?

Guest valleylass
how about you?

The best 'bargain' deal we did on ebay was when we sold some childhood toy that a misguided individual had pined over for years and then paid us a mint for it. He was happy and so were we, so all well there. In terms of bargains I can't even come close to that fantastic pool of yours but have just got a full bathroom suite with taps, shower enclosure and towel holder for just over a hundred quid.

Currently bidding on a cooker.....still not packing though :jimlad:

The best 'bargain' deal we did on ebay was when we sold some childhood toy that a misguided individual had pined over for years and then paid us a mint for it. He was happy and so were we, so all well there. In terms of bargains I can't even come close to that fantastic pool of yours but have just got a full bathroom suite with taps, shower enclosure and towel holder for just over a hundred quid.

Currently bidding on a cooker.....still not packing though :jimlad:

Hi VL was your bathroom suite a private sale or a supplier?

How are you finding the UK? Where are you?-you've probably told me before-sorry lol x

Guest valleylass
Hi VL was your bathroom suite a private sale or a supplier?

How are you finding the UK? Where are you?-you've probably told me before-sorry lol x

Hi Connie

Bathroom suite was private sale and second hand but the house we are buying has had students in it for years so we needed to change the bathroom :biggrin: and this was the cheapest way to do it. The house is absolutely fantastic for us great location, size and loads of character. The mortgage is a bit of a hike for us but worth it, I am sorry your sale is going to be a pain, as ours has been the easiest ever.

We are in South Yorkshire and I don't think I've told you that before! The kids reminded me today that they have 'lived' in six houses to date and this move will be the seventh. I told them that it's good life experience learning to be adaptable, no over indulgence in our house I'm afraid!

Archived