register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest itsSHIRLEY

State sponsership after july 1st but before SMP

Guest itsSHIRLEY

I want to apply to queensland for state sponsership as they are still sponsering people while waiting for the SMP to come into force. What proirity would i receive as it is after july 1st and before SMP's, I am a nurse. Need to apply now while i can borrow money for proof of funds.

Guest foboandpidgey2010

Hi I have been advised to apply, i am also a nurse, there are only 3 states who are accepting applications (well so i was told)!! Queensland is one of those states!!! Can i ask you a quick question or anyone else who can help.... i have got a positive skills assessment from the anmc, it is a long story but applied in 2008, had to halt application due to my husbands work etc and have just received positive skills assessment this week. I am confused as to whether i need to do IELTS, wasnt mentioned prior to skills assessment and migration expert says if they havent mentioned it you dont need to.....however i have been doing some fishing around and tonight read the Queensland blurb (which is where we want to go) and it says IELTS if applicable, so do i need one or not???!!!! I applied for skills assessment on my own, which was straightforward and i have contacted a couple of agents for costs etc on visa 176 application...it is such a minefield, don't know what to do for the best....look forward to any help/advice!!! Hope this makes sense!!!!

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Sorry but you will have to do the ielts, i have done it and found that it was not too bad at all passed first time however there are a lot of people finding it difficult to pass. book one as soon as possible. i am doing the State sponsership myself and have done the skills assessment myself and am registered to work with nursing council. Dont know whether i will do the actual visa aplliication myself will have too see.

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Please can anyone help with question on SS after july 1st

Guest EVERTON

how much funds do queensland goverment require for state sponsor?

Please can anyone help with question on SS after july 1st

It would be category 3, but could move into category 2 when the Queensland SMP comes out and if nurse is on it.

how much funds do queensland goverment require for state sponsor?

I will copy you of how much is needed for so many people, that my agent has sent me. Off hand though I know for us a family of 4, 2 adults + 2 kids $38,000 is what is required for us.

Just about to finalise all the paperwork today + tomorrow.

x Helen

Helen (Business Owner/Nurse) Neil, Connor 10,Natasha 8. Visa granted 15/03/2011, moved and settled Gold Coast, QLD 05/04/2011. Living the dream- Lady Helen of Helensvale:laugh: