register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest leebaker3

Can you have 2 ACS Skills Assessments at the same time

Guest leebaker3

Given the recent changes from ASCO codes to ANZCO codes, and the change in priority processing I find myself in cat 4 despite having previously received state sponsorship (or at least until the SMP are published).

So I am considering starting a new Visa application but under the new ANZCO descriptions I believe I can justifiably apply for 2 different skills assessments. What I want to know is, can you apply to the ACS and can you be granted 2 different skills assessments.

Given the recent changes from ASCO codes to ANZCO codes, and the change in priority processing I find myself in cat 4 despite having previously received state sponsorship (or at least until the SMP are published).

So I am considering starting a new Visa application but under the new ANZCO descriptions I believe I can justifiably apply for 2 different skills assessments. What I want to know is, can you apply to the ACS and can you be granted 2 different skills assessments.

What your Agents says .. id your Occupation will b on QLD SMP list then u will be transfered to CAT-2 Automatically or u will remain in CAT-4? ............. i am on same boat and what i think its not posible for me to spend 3000$ again .....\

you got a nice question and i wud love to see the reply from experts ...

Cheers and good luck

176 System Manager applied Oct-09 | Visa Grant Nov. 2011| Landed Feb. 2012 | Citizenship Sep. 2016

Partner Visa for Wife: Applied APR 16 Granted Jul. 18

Hi,

I am not sure how it works with ACS but Vetassess issued two skills assessment with two different occupations last year to me and they said that both of them are valid. On the other hand, CPA doesn't want to provide applicants with more than one skills assessment. So I would say it depends on the policy of an assessing body.

Alex

SS NSW received 11/2009, Vetassess skills assessment reassessed 12/2009, 886 (cat 5) application lodged 03/2010, After 14/07/10 cat 3, CO 28/02/2011, VISA GRANT 02/03/2011

We asked ACS twice. First the answer was very vague, as if they didn't want to reply exactly, another email didn't explain anything either - we just got copy-paste info about reassessing as if they didn't bother reading the question at all.

After a while we sent same question to a different person from ACS and they said it would be valid.

Still we don't know whether to trust them. Additionally, we are worried that if we lodge for a visa using the first assessment and DIAC checks that we've got a more recent one which is different, then we may be in trouble.

Hi,

I think you don't need to submit the more recent skills assessment, but just a valid skills skills assessment - that's what DIAC website says. The different matter is IELTS - it should be the most recent one. Of course, an advice of a professional migration agent is strongly recommended.

Alex

SS NSW received 11/2009, Vetassess skills assessment reassessed 12/2009, 886 (cat 5) application lodged 03/2010, After 14/07/10 cat 3, CO 28/02/2011, VISA GRANT 02/03/2011

Guest leebaker3

Thanks for the feedback guys, the real question that I want answers is, can I submit and be issued to valid Skills Assessments from ACS or are you only allowed to have one.

Thanks for the feedback guys, the real question that I want answers is, can I submit and be issued to valid Skills Assessments from ACS or are you only allowed to have one.

I had the same question and it looks like DIAC says in their FAQ section that you can have 2 valid assessments, but they also mentioned two assessing bodies. That's why we wrote to ACS, to check if they don't cancel the old assessment if you get a new one.

I suggest you write to ACS describing your situation as clearly as you can - if they read your question (and if you're lucky) you may get a decent answer.

Hi,

I have a skill assessment from ACS last year but i applied for re-assessment last week in order to include additional work experience to claim 8 years work experience points since i switched my job during this interval. Now i realized that I can make 60 points with assessment in hand if get SS. This time i applied for different ANZCO. My situation is same , Can there be two valid assessments from ACS at same time for same or different ANZCO?

Pls share your experience and findings because this will help me proceed further.

BR,