Visas to be granted timescales..??

Stephen

Was wondering if anyone had any idea roughly how long before visas COULD be granted, give the timeline below..??

I think were in category 2 as on all correspondance our case officers name states TEAM 2

TRA Approved March 09, SS Granted Feb 10 ( long delay after 4corners (agents) going bump so having to take up the baton ourselves), Lodged visa application (VE subclass 176) with DIAC 01 July 10, CO assigned 21 July 10, request for meds and PC's 22 July 10.

Any info.....VERY grateful...

Guest Noodle

There was a thread knocking around yesterday with estimated timescales from the DIAC, one of the Migration Agents posted it. Sorry can't remember thread name so try searching 'estimated' and/or DIAC. Should come up as it was only yesterday. Ley x

I think were in category 2 as on all correspondance our case officers name states TEAM 2

You would be in Cat3 as Cat2 doesn't exist yet. In theory, processing for new applicants after July 1st would take 18-24 months:

Client Service Charter

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.
This is why your case has me curious, because you shouldn't be assigned a case officer yet as there are thousands of applicants who applied 2 years before you and have not yet been assigned a Case Officer.

Guest Gollywobbler
Brilliant...!!

Thankyou....its looking like were in the 6month bracket...fingers crossed...!! Submitted our meds and PC's on Monday... Pre-Xmas Visas would be the best present ever..!!!

Hi Stephen

Please slow down! Nobody is in the six month bracket at the moment because that relates only to people who have State sponsorship and they are applying onshore and their occupation is on the new State Migration Plan for the State which has sponsored them. Therefore at best you might go into the 12 month bracket for Cat 2, I suspect.

Nobody is in Cat 2 at present, though, because the State Migration Plans have not been published as yet and DIAC have warned today that it might be some time before they are published:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/agents-information/91630-anticipated-general-skilled-migration-processing-times.html

Please see DIAC's reply to Jamie Smith.

Whilst nobody is in Cat 2, DIAC are processing visa applications in Cat 3 instead. The Brisbane skilled processing centre deals with the applications for onshore GSM visas. At the moment, they seem to be giving priority to the people who have applied for visas since 1st July 2010, but they are rattling through those applications with lightning speed.

Which occupation have you nominated in your visa application, please?

Cheers

Gill

We do have state sponsorship for WA and my nominated occupation is Gasfitter. As of this moment we have our TRA, SS, a lodged on-line application and a CO, who has requested our meds and PC's.... perhaps we expecting too much too soon...but it seem to us that everything is progressing at a decent rate.... Fingers crossed..!!

Whether we should or shouldnt, in your opinion, have been assigned a CO, we have had correspondence from from the DIAC quoting our CO's name and e-mail address, requesting information. meds, PC's etc..??

It does look promising for you regardless. My guess is that you will hear back shortly after your meds are evaluated in Sydney. I don't think cases that are complete, and assigned a CO, sit around for too long.

Mat

No worries...!! perhaps we have just been lucky, but i feel the DIAC dont operate on luck... I just wish the process was made much clearer as they are dealing with people genuinly putting their life in limbo... Im really hoping now that the progress i THINK we are making is for real..... What is you occupation / skill..?

No worries...!! perhaps we have just been lucky, but i feel the DIAC dont operate on luck... I just wish the process was made much clearer as they are dealing with people genuinly putting their life in limbo... Im really hoping now that the progress i THINK we are making is for real..... What is you occupation / skill..?

I think you did get lucky, and I have a feeling it is because your occupation was on the old CSL, and your application may have gotten swept up into the processing pile whilst they were trying to clear out the backlog of CSL applicants. If your visa is approved soon then cherish this gift from the DIAC gods, and make the most of your new life. A lot of people would kill to be so lucky.

I am a computer programmer, and have been in the system since march last year. I did hear that my application had been sent to the processing area, so holding onto some hope that my CO will be assigned in coming weeks, but not counting my chickens.

I feel for you bud...!! It seems at the minute my occupation does appear on every skills list going...so maybe i'm being a little lucky there also...! I have colleagues all over Australia and i know that the Gas / oil industry is expanding at a massive rate....so i could also be in the right industry at the right time...!!!

Guest Gollywobbler
We do have state sponsorship for WA and my nominated occupation is Gasfitter. As of this moment we have our TRA, SS, a lodged on-line application and a CO, who has requested our meds and PC's.... perhaps we expecting too much too soon...but it seem to us that everything is progressing at a decent rate.... Fingers crossed..!!

Hi Stephen

Thanks very much for the information. Welshtone (one of the migration agents) did say a few days ago that DIAC are giving top priority to the people who lodged their visa applications on or after 1st July 2010. With no SMP-sponsored applicants to deal with, I suspect that DIAC are romping through the July 2010 applications where there is a State sponsor.

In a way, the demise of 4C might well prove to have been your saviour because it forced you to delay making your visa application.

You are extremely lucky. Some of the other people who are currently stuck in limbo applied for their visas in September 2007 and are still waiting to hear anything. I imagine that the Minister anticipates that his recent Cap & Kill Bill (or a clone of it) will eventually become Law and DIAC can then have a field day, weeding out all the applicants whom the Minister has decided not to keep.

If the recent Bill, or something similar to it, becomes Law then the present Client service charter won't last for long. If I were a member of DIAC's staff, I'd be hunting through the job-adverts for a different career because once they have done the drudgery of weeding out and getting rid of visa applicants, the next move will be to cull the staff complement next, I expect.

As a way of giving Australia an incredibly bad reputation on the world stage, this latest move by DIAC definitely takes the biscuit even though it is working out extremely well for a tiny minority of skilled visa applicants including yourself. It is brilliant for you but it stinks for everyone else.

Cheers

Gill

Archived