GSM Processing Times and Possible Delays with the SMPs

George Lombard

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shafaqat309
Finally got my visa after 2.3 years of long wait. Seems they are definitely looking into old State Sponsored applications.

Congrates, may i know your country, occupation and some detail?

Finally got my visa after 2.3 years of long wait. Seems they are definitely looking into old State Sponsored applications.

Congratulations! Plz share your timeline for others who are still waiting.

:jiggy::jiggy:Congratulations Jupiter, I am so glad they processed you in the end!! So it looks DIAC may have a tiny bit of a heart!! I thought you were done for when they changed priority processing again after you submitting your second set of medicals! I'm so glad they didn't place you on hold again WOOHOO Fab!!!:wubclub:

Guest jupiter123

Hi,

Thanks for all your wishes and we got it finally.

I wish you all the best on your venture to the key to Oz and hope you get it soon,

I would now surely have to change my sad icon...:biggrin:

:jiggy::jiggy:Congratulations Jupiter, I am so glad they processed you in the end!! So it looks DIAC may have a tiny bit of a heart!! I thought you were done for when they changed priority processing again after you submitting your second set of medicals! I'm so glad they didn't place you on hold again WOOHOO Fab!!!:wubclub:

Guest jupiter123

My timelines :

SIR 475 applied May'2008, SA state sponsorship, Job : Mgmt Consultant, Did 1st set of medicals and PCC on July 2008,was on Cat 5 after Sept 23,2009 changes, and was asked for 2nd set of medicals and PCC on July 09,2010 since earlier one expired.

Cat 4 after July 14,2010 changes. Finally was approved visa this Sept,2010.

:biggrin:

Congratulations! Plz share your timeline for others who are still waiting.

My timelines :

SIR 475 applied May'2008, SA state sponsorship, Job : Mgmt Consultant, Did 1st set of medicals and PCC on July 2008,was on Cat 5 after Sept 23,2009 changes, and was asked for 2nd set of medicals and PCC on July 09,2010 since earlier one expired.

Hang on a sec...does this mean they are granting visas to some of those in CAT 4 now?? They must be as "Management Consultant" isnt on the new SOL!

Hi, I think they had a CO before the July changes and they eventually granted a visa to them. Perhaps it was old CSL.

Yep but despite that they are in Cat 4 and DIAC has been pretty clear that these would not be processed until all other CATS were finalised regardless of whether they had a CO or were on the old CSL etc

Its a good sign though...i might let my Lawyer know and see what he thinks

Yep but despite that they are in Cat 4 and DIAC has been pretty clear that these would not be processed until all other CATS were finalised regardless of whether they had a CO or were on the old CSL etc

Its a good sign though...i might let my Lawyer know and see what he thinks

Hi jess, jupiter was an applicant from may 2008 which meant that originally, his application would have been under the rules where applications were processed in date order.

Jupiter got allocated a CO and asked to do meds and pcs which were met by JUly 2009.

Then come the changes, after september 2009, with priority processing Jupiter becomes a CAT5 non CSL applicant and is on hold, and meds and pcs expire.

In early July 2010, just prior to the new changes jupiter gets asked to re-do the medicals and PCs for a second time, which he does and submits.

Then after 19th July changes, jupiter becomes a new CAT 4 applicant, and technically on hold once again with an indefinite wait, which would mean again expiry of his meds and PC's before processing can be completed.

I think that DIAC have probably pushed his application to completion, due to the fact he has twice been asked and on both occasions has submitted medicals and pcs. I think they probably were worried about litigation or similar as they instructed him to fork out XXthousand pounds for medicals, only a few days later to sorry although we told you to spent X amount for meds and pcs AGAIN, they are likely to expire AGAIN before we get round to processing you. - This would have been one major c**k up by DIAC if you ask me.

I think it's right they have processed jupiter to completion under these circumstances, however this does ask the question, what of others they asked to do meds etc just prior to the July 19th changes but are now CAT4 (if any such applicants exist).

Hope this helps explain jupiters situation for you.

sarah

Guest jupiter123

Its good to know that you know and could elaborate my timelines so acurately.

Anywayz, I wish you and all others waiting to get through this game asap.

Hi jess, jupiter was an applicant from may 2008 which meant that originally, his application would have been under the rules where applications were processed in date order.

Jupiter got allocated a CO and asked to do meds and pcs which were met by JUly 2009.

Then come the changes, after september 2009, with priority processing Jupiter becomes a CAT5 non CSL applicant and is on hold, and meds and pcs expire.

In early July 2010, just prior to the new changes jupiter gets asked to re-do the medicals and PCs for a second time, which he does and submits.

Then after 19th July changes, jupiter becomes a new CAT 4 applicant, and technically on hold once again with an indefinite wait, which would mean again expiry of his meds and PC's before processing can be completed.

I think that DIAC have probably pushed his application to completion, due to the fact he has twice been asked and on both occasions has submitted medicals and pcs. I think they probably were worried about litigation or similar as they instructed him to fork out XXthousand pounds for medicals, only a few days later to sorry although we told you to spent X amount for meds and pcs AGAIN, they are likely to expire AGAIN before we get round to processing you. - This would have been one major c**k up by DIAC if you ask me.

I think it's right they have processed jupiter to completion under these circumstances, however this does ask the question, what of others they asked to do meds etc just prior to the July 19th changes but are now CAT4 (if any such applicants exist).

sarah

My timelines :

Hello, Jupiter123

It's really good news,, Congratulations.

& I am really Happy for you cause you were haning from 2008.

Regard's

jackd.:notworthy:

Guest Gollywobbler

sarah

Hi Sarah

I agree. I suspect that they decided to process Jupiter's application regardless of the outgoing Minister's most recent pettifogging attempt to interfere with his own processing priority pecking order.

They already know that the Commonwealth Ombudsman is not at all happy about the ways in which applicants for GSM visas have been mucked about non-stop ever since December 2008. Granting Jupiter's visa would prevent yet another justified and justifiable complaint to the Ombudsman.

And an incoming Minister for Immi might abandon all of Evans' "reforms" and do the whole thing in a different way. It could be that DIAC suspect that the latest "reforms" will be undone pretty soon.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Sarah

I agree. I suspect that they decided to process Jupiter's application regardless of the outgoing Minister's most recent pettifogging attempt to interfere with his own processing priority pecking order.

They already know that the Commonwealth Ombudsman is not at all happy about the ways in which applicants for GSM visas have been mucked about non-stop ever since December 2008. Granting Jupiter's visa would prevent yet another justified and justifiable complaint to the Ombudsman.

And an incoming Minister for Immi might abandon all of Evans' "reforms" and do the whole thing in a different way. It could be that DIAC suspect that the latest "reforms" will be undone pretty soon.

Cheers

Gill

I now wonder what is in store for us! We are Actually seeing people receive COs which feels great! It will now probably all be changed again and leave us all disheartened and P***** off!! After 18 months of this will it be another 18 months again! They change the rules more than I have hot dinners! :)

Well,

Congratulation Jupiter. This is one of the biggest surprise for me since I joined this forum. This is against the priority processing. But whatever it is, it's good for u at last. Enjoy your life.

I got the case officer back in October 2008. Should I expect something out of this. Will they process my application..?

Well,

Congratulation Jupiter. This is one of the biggest surprise for me since I joined this forum. This is against the priority processing. But whatever it is, it's good for u at last. Enjoy your life.

I got the case officer back in October 2008. Should I expect something out of this. Will they process my application..?

Hi VB,

I hope this is a good sign for you and others affected. Lets hope and pray everything turns out OK for you.

Regards,

John

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi VB

Nobody is less popular than a pollie who has stuffed up in one of the major pre-electoral issues. It seems from the newspaper reports that a lot of Labor knives are out for Evans because his fellow-pollies reckon that he stuffed up a huge chunk of Labor's recent electoral campaign via failing to convince electors that Labor has any serious intention of dealing with the boat people other than pleading with the East Timor Government to take them instead.

It seems to be an open secret that Evans does not want to keep the Immigration portfolio. Cary Grey is being described as a possible successor to Evans. George Lombard thinks that Tony Burke should get the job. I'm wondering whether Penny Wong might get Immigration because apparently Greg Combet is an ace trouble shooter and is being tipped to replace Ms Wong as the Minister for Climate Change.

There is talk of the DEEWR being split up so that Education and the Workforce are dealt with separately. My own theory is that Evans wants the Workforce part of the DEEWR and that he doesn't want Education to be any of his own responsibility. Apparently splitting the DEEWR into two separate portfolios would not be impossible.

I reckon that we have to wait for them to announce what is to happen about Immigration and then wait for the new Minister for Immi to settle into the new job.

Some of the papers are saying that Labor will bow to the wishes of large employers and will increase skilled immigration, riding roughshod over the Greens and Labor's own voters by giving in to the employers about this.

Meanwhile, the HQ of the new National Broadband Networks company is going to be in the middle of Melbourne. Gillard has promised Oakeshott that the new hi-speed broadband will be given to regional Oz before the fibre optic cables are laid in the built up areas. Apparently they need a workforce of 25,000 to lay the cables and rig up the new broadband connections. Apparently training Aussies won't do because the training takes a few years and an Aussie from Perth will not go to the Backofbeyondup to lay cables unless he is unusually well paid. A lot of industry insiders are saying that the only to get the NBN project not to run over budget and not to experience delays is by hiring an immigrant workforce to go and lay the cables and do whatever else would be needed for hi-speed broadband.

It is not rocket science to work out that the NBN company will need a fair few PR Officers, all of them with the most silvery of tongues and preferably more than a slight resemblance to a chameleon, I reckon. The budget is $43 billion AUD (yep, billions, not millions) at present and the Opposition say that the project will be another monumental waste of tax-payers' money, just like the Homes Insulation Project.

Do you look anything like a chameleon, my friend?

Cheers

Gill

• 2 months later...
Guest jupiter123

Hi,

How are you ?Whats your status on the visa front?If you dint mind me asking!!!

I'm all set to move to Adelaide on Dec 14th,2010.

Tc ....

sarah

Guest jupiter123

I wish all the best so that you move to Cat 2 and get your visa soon.

Maybe we can meet there in SA once your case gets finalized.

Tc...

Hey Jupiter, Glad to see it's all worked out for you and your making the move!! For us we are awaiting the SA SMP to see if we get put into cat2 otherwise we remain cat4 and in for a long wait!!

Good luck with your move, I hope it all goes smoothly!!

Archived