shazney64

DIAC phone why is it dead?

Trying to ring DIAC phone number will ring twice then a dead tone or when press last number redial number is dead. Anyone else having this problem?

Court process started Sept 06, Permission May 08 vetassess Oct 08 Pratical Feb 09, 175 csl, modl, online visa lodged 26.2.09 off CSL March WA SS 31/5/09 granted SS 3/10/09.8/4/10 med finalised CO 3/12/10 visa grant 6/12/10. Had baby 24/1/2011 added to visa. Arrived Perth 31/3/2011 ?

Guest proud2beaussie

What time was it in the UK when you tried? it's 7.18PM on Friday here in N/E Victoria and DIAC only operates to normal business hours as far as I am aware,that may have something to do with it but I would have thought that they would have a recorded out of hours announcement.

Which number were you calling.?

General enquiries

Telephone: 131 881

Note: This number is only available if you are calling from inside Australia. If you are outside Australia and wish to make an enquiry please contact the relevant Australian Immigration office overseas.

See: Immigration Offices outside Australia Use this general enquiries number to:

• obtain general information on all temporary and permanent visa categories (including visitors, students, family migration, temporary business visas and refugee and humanitarian applications)
  • make appointments for lodging visa applications
  • contact departmental officers

Hours of operationMonday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (recorded information available outside these hours) General Skilled Migration enquiries

Telephone: 1300 364 613

Use this number to obtain information on General Skilled Migration and how to lodge a General Skilled Migration visa application. If you have lodged an application for a General Skilled Migration visa, and:

• your application is outside standard processing times
    or
  • you wish to clarify a request from the General Skilled Processing Centres

If you have lodged a General Skilled Migration visa, and have been allocated a case officer, you should, where possible, correspond directly by email with your case officer. Hours of operationMonday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm (Central Australian Time) Australian Citizenship

Telephone: 131 880

Use this number to:

• request application forms for Australian citizenship
  • obtain information about:
    • application fees and processes
    • citizenship ceremonies
    • Australian citizenship affirmation ceremonies
    • dual citizenship.

Hours of operationMonday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pmNote: For Australian passport enquiries please call the Australian Passport Office.

Telephone: 131 232

TIS National – the Translating and Interpreting Service

Telephone: 131 450

Use this number to access interpreting services. Hours of operation24 hours a day, 7 days a week

See: Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) National Employers' Immigration Hotline

Telephone: 1800 040 070

Use this number to check, as an employer, the work rights of potential employees. Hours of operationMonday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm Fax Number1800 505 550 Registered Australian organisations can check a person's immigration status.

See: Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for Organisations

eVisa holders can check their immigration status.

See: Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for eVisa Holders

Employers can also check the work rights of employees by obtaining the employee's authorisation on the Authority to Obtain Details of Work Rights Status form and faxing the form to the department.

See: Authority to Obtain Details of Work Rights Status ( 29KB PDF file)

Compliments, Complaints or Suggestions

Telephone: 133 177

Note: this number is toll free within Australia

The Global Feedback Unit

Use this number to provide feedback about any aspect of the services provided or funded by the department (not for the review of decisions) Hours of operationMonday to Friday 9 am to 4 pmAlternatively, you can use the department's feedback form.

See: Feedback - About our Service Immigration Dob-in Line

Telephone: 1800 009 623

Use this number to advise the department about a person working or living illegally in AustraliaHours of operationMonday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (voicemail facility available out of these hours)Fax Number1800 009 849Alternatively, you can fax information to the department.

See: Immigration Dob-In Line Other useful contacts

The department also promotes other useful numbers for clients, including the National Relay Service (NRS) – for callers who have a hearing, speech or communication impairment.

See: Other Useful Contacts

Note:

Calls from most fixed line telephones to 13 and 1300 numbers from anywhere in Australia are charged at a fixed rate. That rate may vary from the price of a local call and may also vary between telephone service providers.

Calls to 1800 numbers from most fixed line telephones are free.

Calls from public and mobile telephones may be timed and charged at a higher rate. Calls to 13, 1300 and 1800 numbers may not be available from VOIP services, please contact your service provider for more information. Alternatively, try using a fixed line telephone.

Thanks sorry did not make it clear. Was ringing the London Australia helpline, it is still just rining twice then going dead. I have checked my line with SKY, unblocked preminum numbers on my mobile and tried with that still the same two rings then dead.

I do hope i am ringing the correct one, im sure hubby has rang them and they have been able to comment on his application? Worried now wasting my time and should be staying up late to ring OZ

Court process started Sept 06, Permission May 08 vetassess Oct 08 Pratical Feb 09, 175 csl, modl, online visa lodged 26.2.09 off CSL March WA SS 31/5/09 granted SS 3/10/09.8/4/10 med finalised CO 3/12/10 visa grant 6/12/10. Had baby 24/1/2011 added to visa. Arrived Perth 31/3/2011 ?

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Shazney,

If you are calling this number-

London Contact Centre

0906 5508900

I just tried ringing it from here in Australia and I am getting a recorded announcement that the number is not in service.

Maybe DIAC have changed the number and not put it on the website?.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest proud2beaussie

If no luck perhaps try ringing the high commission and asking them if the number is changed.

Contact Information

Australian High Commission

Strand

London WC2B 4LA

(corner of the Aldwych and the Strand. Nearest Tube station: Temple)

Tel: 020 7379 4334

Thanks for trying there def must be changes, did try the 090 number but rang twice all day then went off. Rang the High commision but got frustrated at how many times they were spelling out there own website on the pre recorded answer message i evetually hung up.

I got an email response from the London office, stating that i need to ring the Oz offices now for status of app. Where we used to be able to get through to London and they could check.

It made me laugh because the email said GSM visas do take up to 3 months and we should speak to our case officer. ( Application been in for 17 months and have no case offcier, they have not got a clue!)

Will have to wait for Monday now, or very late Sunday evening to call OZ.

Thanks again for trying to assist me

Sharon x