Whoa!!! how did that happen?

Guest gary12

Guest gary12

It has come to my attention of late that I may, just may be feeling at home in Australia. Over the 18 months we have been here there have been many things that have helped such as the Bunnings love tokens of leaf blowers and chainsaws, I have started to say arvo, yeah no yeah, putting 'as' at the end of things such as..cheap as, cool as and slab when describing things. I went to a childrens party and knew everyone but this and possibly the most serious of all......we are thinking about buying a trailer, surely that makes me part Ozzie???:biglaugh:

What did it for you?

Michelle

Guest gary12

ha ha yet to do that one Cal, I still make the fairy bread with the no artificial colour 100's & 1000's which kinda gets away from the spirit of it ;)

I remember nearly passing out when I first came across fairy bread, my son thought it was Christmas lol. Don't forget the party pies!

Michelle

Guest guest30038
Hi Michelle

Yep your a true Ozzie now lol.

Not until she uses the word "but" frequently as in "it was as good as but"

When asked a question, she also has to prefix her answer with "look" :biggrin:

Look, the trailer gives her an extra two points but, so she can consider herself almost there so she's neat as. :biglaugh:

kev

LOL, Good on you Michelle,, i think once your eating the Fairy Bread and attending the partys bare foot you can officially say your ozziefied,lol

Cal x

AND WHAT'S WRONG W1TH FAIRY BREAD?????

For anyone interested fairy bread is buttered bread sprinkled with 100's of 1000's

But don't worry there is a step by step guide

Fairy Bread

It has come to my attention of late that I may, just may be feeling at home in Australia. Over the 18 months we have been here there have been many things that have helped such as the Bunnings love tokens of leaf blowers and chainsaws, I have started to say arvo, yeah no yeah, putting 'as' at the end of things such as..cheap as, cool as and slab when describing things. I went to a childrens party and knew everyone but this and possibly the most serious of all......we are thinking about buying a trailer, surely that makes me part Ozzie???:biglaugh:

What did it for you?

Michelle

Yes Michelle, You have to have a trailer because then when people move we call trailer people up and they become your best friends. I will be putting my house up for sale soon so can I make a booking:laugh:oh and as long as you drive like a madperson when it's hooked up to the car (hopefully a 4WD) then you will be truly Australian.

Guest gary12
AND WHAT'S WRONG W1TH FAIRY BREAD?????

For anyone interested fairy bread is buttered bread sprinkled with 100's of 1000's

But don't worry there is a step by step guide

Fairy Bread

Geoffery thank you so much!!!! I hadn't realised there was an art to cutting the bread. DO you think I will get away with one of those added fibre white breads??? :err:

Michelle

Guest gary12
Yes Michelle, You have to have a trailer because then when people move we call trailer people up and they become your best friends. I will be putting my house up for sale soon so can I make a booking:laugh:oh and as long as you drive like a madperson when it's hooked up to the car (hopefully a 4WD) then you will be truly Australian.

Olly I am feeling a little smug to be able to say it will indeed be hooked up to the 4 x4!

Not moving far are you?

Michelle

Olly I am feeling a little smug to be able to say it will indeed be hooked up to the 4 x4!

Not moving far are you?

Michelle

LOL the 4WD, have to have that don't you, or else it's just not cricket:laugh: Would you believe I am looking around Warranwood/Wonga Park way maybe.

Guest gary12
LOL the 4WD, have to have that don't you, or else it's just not cricket:laugh: Would you believe I am looking around Warranwood/Wonga Park way maybe.

Beautiful area, Wonga park is really nice and they are not allowing any more sub division of plots so it will for now at least remain lovely and spacious.

Park Orchards is nice and you already know Warrandyte, let me know how you get on.

regards

Michelle

Oh Help!!

We FEEL so Australian, and I even have the passport, but we have failed - and miserably!!

I have no idea how to use the Queensland "But". I have been mulling this over all this past week, and I have NO IDEA!!

I had never heard of fairy bread, and the very thought of what I have just seen in that link makes me want to throw up.

We don't yet own a 4x4, a trailer nor a ute (although OH really wants the latter!!)

I don't say g'day - ever!

I still hear the checkout staff say "howya goin" and think they might respond when I say "good thanks, and how are you?"

I still live in hope that if I carry on (4eva!) driving courteously and letting people into my lane, then one day they will catch on and do it too (no really, I do think that might happen one day!!)

And I still think lorikeets are cute and special, so we feed them - much to the annoyance of the kids next door (dad says it's ok though - we have checked!)

Do you think I will ever be a true blue Aussie?:no:

HOWEVER - our friends and family keep on saying how proud they are of us for having fit in so well, so quickly. I guess they probably feel there are a few rough UK edges to be knocked off soon!

Guest gary12

Oh Help!!

We FEEL so Australian, and I even have the passport, but we have failed - and miserably!!

I have no idea how to use the Queensland "But". I have been mulling this over all this past week, and I have NO IDEA!!

I had never heard of fairy bread, and the very thought of what I have just seen in that link makes me want to throw up.

We don't yet own a 4x4, a trailer nor a ute (although OH really wants the latter!!)

I still hear the checkout staff say "howya goin" and think they might respond when I say "good thanks, and how are you?"

I still live in hope that if I carry on (4eva!) driving courteously and letting people into my lane, then one day they will catch on and do it too (no really, I do think that might happen one day!!)

And I still think lorikeets are cute and special, so we feed them - much to the annoyance of the kids next door (dad says it's ok though - we have checked!)

HOWEVER - our friends and family keep on saying how proud they are of us for having fit in so well, so quickly. I guess they probably feel there are a few rough UK edges to be knocked off soon!

Dear oh Dear, Oh dear, I am shaking my head, you have been here a few months now you must try harder 100 lines!

Fairy bread will get you in the end! Driving well...... I don't say G'day, it just don't sound right when I say it ;)

keep trying! As for being proud, well quite right too.

Michelle

Oh Help!!

don't worry, one day you will wake to find out you're a true blue Aussie.....

Guest guest30038

Only if you get to like the sausages..........sorry..........snags :biglaugh:

kev

Guest sh7t man no way

What did it for you?

Michelle

nice to see your settling in mate,sounds as though youve cracked it,i think i begane to settle into aus,when i bought one of those t shirts that said if you dont luve aus f**ck off--the first 2 years in aus is the head scratching bit after that aus seems to make more sense--it sounds as though youve figured it out--you can get a trailer built special to suit you needs,worth a thought

Only if you get to like the sausages..........sorry..........snags :biglaugh:

kev

I kind of DO like them......:eek:

But not the very nasty cheap woolworths ones.

Ben was just saying he misses fig rolls of all things.

Does anyone know if they can be bought in Aussie shops?

Guest guest30038
I kind of DO like them......:eek:

But not the very nasty cheap woolworths ones.

I've seen 'em at Xmas but never any other time. I'm missing eccles cakes too. :cry:

kev

Maybe the closest is Arnott's Spicy Fruit Roll (found in the sweet biscuit section of any supermarket).

Guest gary12
nice to see your settling in mate,sounds as though youve cracked it,i think i begane to settle into aus,when i bought one of those t shirts that said if you dont luve aus f**ck off--the first 2 years in aus is the head scratching bit after that aus seems to make more sense--it sounds as though youve figured it out--you can get a trailer built special to suit you needs,worth a thought

oooh custom built...I'm liking your thinking! :wink:

Ha ha haven't seen a t shirt just a bumper sticker....

you are right, it just takes a bit of time.

regards

Michelle

Yes you are an honourary Ozzie Alan, and obviously you have had quote for a personalised trailer for your goodself. I have been looking at some bridges around the local area, and found one where there's a bit of room for one of those type of trailers underneath it, and there's a creek so you could fish and fend for yourself, the water is also drinkable although it dries up in the summer. You know you're always welcome in this magnificent country Alan, and when you come through customs you just flash the shi7man passport stamped "will fit in" and you go with priority through the gate. Loving you as always, your friends down under:tongue:

Oh Help!!

I have no idea how to use the Queensland "But". I have been mulling this over all this past week, and I have NO IDEA!!but

I had never heard of fairy bread,but and the very thought of what I have just seen in that link makes me want to throw up.

We don't yet own a 4x4, a trailer nor a ute (although OH really wants the latter!!but)

And I still think lorikeets are cute and special, so we feed them - much to the annoyance of the kids next door (dad says it's ok though - we have checked, but!)

Do you think I will ever be a true blue Aussie, well?:no:

Yeah, mate, you'll do, hey?

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived