Property Development.

Guest Steve/Beck

Guest Steve/Beck

I am a property developer and i am hoping to set up a new company when we get to OZ. Does anyone have any experience of this i.e how easy it is to buy land, get planning permission, architects, legal issues etc.

Please help.

Steve. :goofy:

I am a property developer and i am hoping to set up a new company when we get to OZ. Does anyone have any experience of this i.e how easy it is to buy land, get planning permission, architects, legal issues etc.

Please help.

Steve. :goofy:

Im not 100% mate tbh,all i will say is that yer need a license to blow yer nose in oz,my mates got a small bricklaying company in perth and had to do some kind of business course(which costs) to get his ABN for his firm,thats about all i'd say,wouldnt want to give duff info,but im sure its all manageable.

Guest brooksey

Easy to get land as there's loads of it.

You can easily obtain an owner builders licence(about $500 for course and licence online)

If you already have a trade licence (carpenter etc) you don't need to do the coarse just go down to the BSA and they will give you one.

You can only build 1 house every 6 years and 6 months before you get another owner builder licence.

Everyone whos name is on the land title is on the owner builders licence so buy one piece in your name and one in your oh name.

To build more you need a builders licence which is about $2,500 and 9 to 18 months depending on your comitment (again online)

The buying process is easy and fast.

For planning permission you need a certifierto get it through council and do the inspections (around $4,000 to $5,000 inc council charges)

An architect will cost you above $10,000. Use a draughtsman instead. same job for around $2,000.

I've built one house for myself and two others where the land owner has got an owner builders licence, and i have started getting my builders licence here in Queensland so all of above might be different in other states.

Master builders sorts a lot out as regards licences and courses but BSA give you the licence so chase them up .

If you need any other help let me know and i'll try.:yes:

If you are moving around my area and need a chippie or general help give me a pm:wink:

Guest Steve/Beck

Cheers Brooksey,

Were not sure what state were moving to but it may be NSW. I have spent most of my time in Sydney but you dont half get a lot more for your money in QLD............and more sunshine.

Hopefully the rules are the same. I will obviously want to build more than just one house at a time once i get my feet on the ground. I'm hoping that land is easy as you say as trying to buy buy land in London is a pain in the arse.

Everyones fighting over a tiny little piece and when you get it nobody will give you the finance!

I just cant wait to get over there. I am a sparks by trade and that is what i will be going over there as but i dont really want to touch a screwdriver unless its my own build!

If you know of any good aussie websites that would be a great help.

Cheers for the reply.

Steve.

Guest brooksey

Stockland sell 90% of the land over here.

I've been keeping track of land in S Yorkshire and basicaly there is none.

Once i've sold my house here i intend to buy too plots and build speckies.

So long as the houses sell you can use your money here 2 or 3 times a year coz the solicitors and council are fast beyond belief compared to the UK.

The Master builders over here deal with the 10 year insurance like the NHBC in England.

Archived