Pharmacists and Computer Professionals (NEC) With Case Officer

Guest guest41018

The application is online. it just hasn't been updated since ABPF on 29/06/2010, which was before the CO requested the pccs+ medicals.

And yeah, I'm from an HR country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gerryp

Congratulations Neil...great news sir....and good news for everyone else in the same "boat" (no, Mr Abbot, dont panic...it's not one of those kind of boats :biggrin: )

Guys I am also like you but i think there is a catch here.2231-79 has been classified into IT Graduates,Oracle,.Net etc etc.... Like in the case of NEIL HARRISON he is a 2231-79 (network Security) Now i think they are only granting the visas to those people who were on the CSL lists previously.Like in case of mine 2231-79 IT Recent Graduate they are not opening the file although i had a case officer, i have not heard fron my previous case officer ....

So i think they are using dobule standards with 2231-79 not operating upon graduates but with the people of csl only.

Even i have tried 5-6 e mails to my previous case officer but none has replied to me...

If you ask DIMMIA they just give copy paste format and not even read your e mail i think...

Guys I am also like you but i think there is a catch here.2231-79 has been classified into IT Graduates,Oracle,.Net etc etc.... Like in the case of NEIL HARRISON he is a 2231-79 (network Security) Now i think they are only granting the visas to those people who were on the CSL lists previously.Like in case of mine 2231-79 IT Recent Graduate they are not opening the file although i had a case officer, i have not heard fron my previous case officer ....

So i think they are using dobule standards with 2231-79 not operating upon graduates but with the people of csl only.

Even i have tried 5-6 e mails to my previous case officer but none has replied to me...

If you ask DIMMIA they just give copy paste format and not even read your e mail i think...

You're correct.... That is exactly what's happening... apparently (when I had a chat with Evan's secretary he said) ICT Recent grad's are over supply and less demanded for jobs... so maybe that's why they are'nt processing our applications.

Don't ask me why Post July '10 ICT grads Applications are processed, (are they in higher demand and not in over supply) because that's the exact question I asked the ministers secretary which he himself could'nt answer!!

Talk about double standards - man I'm guttered!!!'

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

• 4 weeks later...

Hello people!

I know of two pharmacists who applied for their off-shore visa in February and May this year. They both have received their visa approvals this month.

Which makes me wonder, did i make a fatal mistake switching from the 175 to the 176? I'm assuming part of the reason why my case officer is dragging her feet on my application could be because she is waiting for the SMP's to hit the run way. All my email inquiries have generated generic responses about how routine checks are still on-going.

Is there any pharmacist out there under a similar predicament? Roundomus, what's new on your end?

Guest guest41018
Hello people!

I know of two pharmacists who applied for their off-shore visa in February and May this year. They both have received their visa approvals this month.

Which makes me wonder, did i make a fatal mistake switching from the 175 to the 176? I'm assuming part of the reason why my case officer is dragging her feet on my application could be because she is waiting for the SMP's to hit the run way. All my email inquiries have generated generic responses about how routine checks are still on-going.

Is there any pharmacist out there under a similar predicament? Roundomus, what's new on your end?

Nothing new, still in the same predicament and getting the same, automatically-generated response (I assume), according to our MA anyway:

“It is currently undergoing routine processing and you will be advised once this has been completed. The timing for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application as some cases may take many months to finalise.”

We did our medicals/PCCs in early January and my wife re-submitted her Form 80 then. We were told soon after that they were just waiting for the Form 80 Character Check results from an external agency, but couldn't say how long this would take, given that it was an external agency - that was January and we are now in September so yes, it has taken many months and still hasn't been finalised, hence why I am convinced it is just a standard message to all pharmacists, what did your message say ?

Whilst we are trying to keep an open mind about the situation, it is becoming increasingly difficult and it would appear that there is some sort of LR-HR thing going on. I don't think the 175/176 think is an issue, as far as I am aware, we wouldn't be eligible for SMP transfer without a new application, I may be wrong, though.

Routine processing usually means ASIO, one could check with IGIS to see if they have completed their job, if they have, then we would know the ball is back with the CO and they are just dragging their feet, but we will leave that for a month or two.

Nothing new, still in the same predicament and getting the same, automatically-generated response (I assume), according to our MA anyway:

“It is currently undergoing routine processing and you will be advised once this has been completed. The timing for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application as some cases may take many months to finalise.”

We did our medicals/PCCs in early January and my wife re-submitted her Form 80 then. We were told soon after that they were just waiting for the Form 80 Character Check results from an external agency, but couldn't say how long this would take, given that it was an external agency - that was January and we are now in September so yes, it has taken many months and still hasn't been finalised, hence why I am convinced it is just a standard message to all pharmacists, what did your message say ?

Whilst we are trying to keep an open mind about the situation, it is becoming increasingly difficult and it would appear that there is some sort of LR-HR thing going on. I don't think the 175/176 think is an issue, as far as I am aware, we wouldn't be eligible for SMP transfer without a new application, I may be wrong, though.

Routine processing usually means ASIO, one could check with IGIS to see if they have completed their job, if they have, then we would know the ball is back with the CO and they are just dragging their feet, but we will leave that for a month or two.

Well, i guess we just have to wait for God knows how long before we see the process progress on to the next step. I applied in early January, a CO was assigned in February and later in July, i got assigned a new CO. This was her 2nd email response to my inquiry:

"Your visa application is currently undergoing routine checks.

Unfortunately, ensuring that all legal requirements are met for grant of a

visa can take some time.

You will be contacted when additional information is required for the

assessment of your visa application.

Thank you for your patience".

I later learnt that Form 80 request/ routine processing meant ASIO, so i went ahead and emailed IGIS asking whether they had received a case referral from DIAC, this was the response I received:

"Thank you for your inquiry concerning the time taken to process the security assessment associated with this visa application.

My office considers that it is not appropriate to make inquiries of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) at this time. This is because you lodged your application only eight months ago.

If you still have not received your visa by February 2011 you can contact our office again and we will consider whether any action is required at that time.

The best advice that I can give you now is that you contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) case officer for information about the status of the case"

I doubt whether the delay in processing has anything to do with LR-HR countries coz the 2 pharmacists were not from LR countries (Zimbabwe and Egypt). I sought advice from a MA locally, they told me the delay could arise from sources such as my employer (I work for the most corrupt government on earth) or the educational institutions i went through... my University degree was attained from a public Uni, again, bleeding info about an alumni from such institutions can be a pain in the ass.

Keep me posted should you hear anything news worthy.

All the best!

Guest triumph01

Though I haven't been contacted by any CO yet status of my docs strangely changed to "Met" and only status of PCC & medical is "required"

• 2 months later...
Guest OzHound

Hello folks,

Seems like DIAC is following the former ministers direction regarding visa processing to the letter. Our interpretation of the processing direction was that pharmacists and computer professionals who already had a case officer allocated will get preferential treatment.

Looks like that's exactly what has been going on seeing as a few people on this forum have already received a visa approval.

My case officer contacted me on November 19th to ask for medicals and a police clearance certificate. The online portal shows met on all items other than medicals and PCC. I just hope this is an indication of active processing of my application.

Roundomus, anything from your end?

Guest guest41018
Hello folks,

Seems like DIAC is following the former ministers direction regarding visa processing to the letter. Our interpretation of the processing direction was that pharmacists and computer professionals who already had a case officer allocated will get preferential treatment.

Looks like that's exactly what has been going on seeing as a few people on this forum have already received a visa approval.

My case officer contacted me on November 19th to ask for medicals and a police clearance certificate. The online portal shows met on all items other than medicals and PCC. I just hope this is an indication of active processing of my application.

Roundomus, anything from your end?

Congratulations ! Give it another month or so and you'll have your golden ticket. We, on the other hand, are still sitting tight with no further news. We have written to IGIS who have sent us a generic reply, stating that they no longer provide details on the progress of applications on account of the deluge of enquiries, but will deal with any issues as they see fit. We will wait for another couple of months so we are over the year mark since meds/PCCs, which seems to be the outer cut off point for ASIO's work from what we have seen of timelines. It is turning into a bit of a joke for us - we were on the CSL (expecting a timely result), were expected to up and leave the UK within a timeframe of DIAC's choosing even though they can't even make a timely decision, we have had to put our career and family plans on hold as a result of this and then we find that pharmacists have gone from being on the (revoked) CSL to being off the new SOL altogether - what kind of planning strategy is this ?

If nothing positive happens in the next couple of months, it's ombudsman time, although I think Gill (Gollywobbler) and her connections would be more use. Anybody know if she is still around and posting on here ?

Hi All,

Just to inform you guys that i got the visa grant letter today!.It's a clear indication that Pharmacists and Computing Professionals(NEC) who had a case officer prior to the changes get priority as my self being a computing professional, i was asked to provide medicals by CO in July but due to my wife being pregnant we had to postpone it until baby is born. We sent our medicals in mid November and i was nervous as SMP coming into effect during that time and it would put us on hold. But that wasn't the case. After all the medical being finalized in November 30th, i waited anxiously 1 and half weeks and sent an e-mail yesterday to the case officer asking the progress of my application . To my surprise i got the good new today morning!:jiggy:

I hope you all will hear the good news soon and it's one of the best Christmas gifts you can get!.

Hi All,

Just to inform you guys that i got the visa grant letter today!.It's a clear indication that Pharmacists and Computing Professionals(NEC) who had a case officer prior to the changes get priority as my self being a computing professional, i was asked to provide medicals by CO in July but due to my wife being pregnant we had to postpone it until baby is born. We sent our medicals in mid November and i was nervous as SMP coming into effect during that time and it would put us on hold. But that wasn't the case. After all the medical being finalized in November 30th, i waited anxiously 1 and half weeks and sent an e-mail yesterday to the case officer asking the progress of my application . To my surprise i got the good new today morning!:jiggy:

I hope you all will hear the good news soon and it's one of the best Christmas gifts you can get!.

May I know Neo what was your nominated occupation.I am a 2231-79 nec IT Graduate ,i got a case officer on 23 dec 2008 before changes but he has not contacted me.

May I know Neo what was your nominated occupation.I am a 2231-79 nec IT Graduate ,i got a case officer on 23 dec 2008 before changes but he has not contacted me.

Hi Sammi4u,

My nominated occupation was 2231-79(J2EE & Java).

Yes I was correct.Actually people whose occupations were on the CSL were granted PR.So anyone with specilization in 2231-79 were being processed.Rest 2231-79 are still in the pipeline.Actually they are targeting the students frankly!!!

Anyways thanks brother..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OzHound

Hello guys,

Quick question, upon completion of your medicals, where do the medics send the results? To the Health Operations Office in Sydney or directly to the case officer in Adelaide? I had mine sent to the Health Operations Office in Sydney as per the instructions in the request for more information letter on the 6th of December.

My case officer tells me she hasn't received it yet. I'm wondering, wouldn't it have been faster if i had it addressed to her directly?

Their bureaucratic policies seem to be draggingly slow...

HI OzHound,

Medics have to send the results to Health Operations Office in Sydney and they will notify the case officer after examining the medical reports. It'll normally take a week or so for the process.

Guest OzHound

Thanks Neo,

I've just checked my online status, HOC people must be reviewing my application. It states "Further medical results referred". I'm tryna keep calm as I know not about any abnormal medical condition... and from my survey on the web, I think (I'm hoping) this is routine. Giving it a coupla more days and hoping the medicals get approved.

Best regards

Guest guest41018
Thanks Neo,

I've just checked my online status, HOC people must be reviewing my application. It states "Further medical results referred". I'm tryna keep calm as I know not about any abnormal medical condition... and from my survey on the web, I think (I'm hoping) this is routine. Giving it a coupla more days and hoping the medicals get approved.

Best regards

That's a strange one. They tend not to refer medical results unless there is some sort of abnormality in any of the applicants (primary or otherwise). That said, if you had not been required to tick 'yes' on any of the questions in the medical and the panel doctor hadn't informed you of any abnormalities detected as a result of the medical, one has to wonder why anything has been referred. It may be the case that the panel doctor (or radiologist) detected some mild or insignificant issue which they listed and hence which they did not tell you about, but HOC decided that it may be significant. I don't think this will be an issue for you, but I have heard of people coming out (false) HIV positive on the first (ELISA) test, but have been cleared by the more specific Western Blot or equivalent performed after the ELISA test as confirmation - in this case the person would be HIV negative, but HOC might have had an issue with the intial result, but again I stress this is probably nothing to worry about in your case.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OzHound

Guys, I got my golden ticket on the 24th of December, that i must say is the best Christmas present I have ever received.

@ Roundomus, true, they actually referred all my medical tests... HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C. Now it is rather obvious that if I harbored any of the aforementioned infections, the examining doctor would have informed me, and advised on a probable course of treatment. I think they normally refer all medical results sent to HOC for evaluation by a panel of experts only that CO's would not normally update this on the applicants online portal.

I'm just glad i finally got my visa approval despite all the curve balls that were thrown our way.

How are things coming along as regards your visa application?

All the best!

Guest OzHound

Something else, I had initially applied for a class 175 visa which I later switched to a class 176 upon nomination by NSW. Interestingly though, I have being offered a class 175 visa. I'm toying with the idea of ignoring the anomaly. Who knows, the case officer might reverse my application approval and shunt me back to square one... the waiting phase... sigh!

Guest guest41018

Many congratulations ! Hope you have a great time in Australia. I wouldn't worry about the 175/176 anomaly, I've heard of that happening before, it's nothing to worry about, just leave it as it is as there is no practical difference once your visa has been granted.

Again, best of luck.

Archived