Any nurses registered in WA applied for mutual recognition on th national scheme?

z&p

Iam currently registered in WA as a nurse, and wonderedif anybody has transfered to the national scheme with mutual recognition.

Also,if so, how long did it take to come through?

I had assumed that it would be transfering automatically on the 1st of july,and have not done anything, to find that it didn', and we are now moving to Melbourne at the end of august, aghhhhhhhhhh

You'll automatically be transfered to the new scheme if you're already registered. WA didn't get it's legislation passed in time for the July 1st start date ... we're set to join in August I think ... but this is WA (Wait Awhile), and they didn't say which year lol. If you're already registered ... don't worry, if your registration is due for renewal at the moment you will still need to do it through NMBWA.

As you're moving now to Melbourne and not WA you'll need to contact them as I don't know where you stand, as I see it, at the moment you're only registered to work in WA as they're not yet 'officially' in the scheme

Hope this helps

You'll automatically be transfered to the new scheme if you're already registered. WA didn't get it's legislation passed in time for the July 1st start date ... we're set to join in August I think ... but this is WA (Wait Awhile), and they didn't say which year lol. If you're already registered ... don't worry, if your registration is due for renewal at the moment you will still need to do it through NMBWA.

As you're moving now to Melbourne and not WA you'll need to contact them as I don't know where you stand, as I see it, at the moment you're only registered to work in WA as they're not yet 'officially' in the scheme

Hope this helps

THanks, I've decided to wait up and try and ring to see what I need to do!

Guest adeleclayte

Hi there

Normally registration is transferrable across States, so you shouldn't have to worry. Adele

Archived