Police Checks - Any Advice on Application for Visa

clairerichie

Hello Everyone,

Am just completing our Visa Application for Australia, and on the application it has any criminal convictions:

My question is what actually counts as a criminal conviction?

Ive been disqualified from driving which was made up of speeding offences!!! Does this have to be declared on the visa application?

I WOULD SAY AS A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN THERE ARE TO MANY SPEEDING CAMERSAS IN ENGLAND AND THE SPEED RESTRICTINS PUT ON CERTAIN MOTORWAYS ARE RIDICULOUS

Is a caution a criminal record?

I just want to be 100% so that everything is declared on the Visa Application as we are making an honest application.

If we do need to declare all speeding offences then I will need to write off to obtain a full list of speeding convictions as I cant remember dates etc for any of them.

Any help would be much appreciated

Any help would be much appreciated

The easiest way is to get a police clearance certificate from ACPO.

If it says "No trace", then there really is nothing to put down.

If it says "No live trace" then there are convictions which have been stepped down.

Without knowing the full circumstances I could not advise further.

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi Les, my husband is 46 and he had offences (minor ones fines only) when under 18 and one for fraud by putting someone elses tax disc on his car. He applied to the police to the ACPO to find out what information was held on him so that we would not get the times of his offences wrong, but it stated that there was no information held about him on the police national computer. does this then mean he can put no criminal record on his visa application.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Les, my husband is 46 and he had offences (minor ones fines only) when under 18 and one for fraud by putting someone elses tax disc on his car. He applied to the police to the ACPO to find out what information was held on him so that we would not get the times of his offences wrong, but it stated that there was no information held about him on the police national computer. does this then mean he can put no criminal record on his visa application.

, i am not the expert on this, but before i filled in our application, i sent away for police check and they sent out a full list of all my confictions starting from 1992. including all motor offences. and i have noted all they on the visa online app.

as for the one for u18, it prob wont be kept as the was classed AS A MINOR !!!! and no not the welsh one lol.:biglaugh:

cheers

chris

I had a client in almost exactly the same situation, except that the tax disc had expired on the motorcycle he was riding home when the coppers stopped him.

There was nothing on the ACPO report but we told DIAC anyway. The guy got his visa no problem.