New GSM Application Timelines

Guest TheStig

Guest tyasawa
Just released on DIAC's website;

Processing priority groups

Client Service Charter

Cat 4 = timeline infinity

:( oh gosh.. that's it then. I have no hope whatsoever to be processed under Cat 4. Dear DIAC, I succumbed to you money hunger rule and apply for new visa.

Guest dragsterwish

Cat 4 is officially relegated to the bin centre..... far worse than asylum seeker's timeline.

On the optimistic side, if we are on Cat. 2(SMP) 176 subclass, estimated timeline is 12 months from date of lodgement! That would be very fast for many of us who have lodged last year! For us, we lodged in Feb 2010 and that may mean getting visa grant around Feb 2011! Wow!

Just wanna keep the hope burning while we eagerly await the release of SMP to be bumped to Cat. 2!

Good luck everyone!

Just released on DIAC's website;

Processing priority groups

Client Service Charter

Cat 4 = timeline infinity

So that means Cat 4 will never be processed!!! :arghh:

Where the hell is our MONEY DIAC??????

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Guest dragsterwish
So that means Cat 4 will never be processed!!! :arghh:

Where the hell is our MONEY DIAC??????

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Based on how things have gone over the past few years, chances of Cat. 4 being processed is very low. The stream of applicant for higher Cat. would keep flowing in and out....

However, miracle can happen..... just that we are still waiting for one to happen after all these years....

Looks like Cat 4 are pretty well stuffed. I just hope from a personal point that if you have SS you might get some sort of lifeline. Or wait and see what happens when the SMP's come out. I bet Canada is starting to look appealling for a few people on here.

Keep your chins up,

John

Guest jumbojet

I wish I could sue DIAC for my application money as well as monies paid to migration agents, IELTS tests and other related costs. I would be happy to look at Canada then....but don't see why I should walk away from Aus just because I am dumped in a lower category...

Am I being daft or will Cat 4 never be processed? I mean, Cat 1-3 are never going to stop coming in and I can't picture people in DIAC offices suddenly saying, 'oh, we've got nothing to do, let's dust off some Cat 4s'.

I haven't been waiting anywhere near as long as some people, but it's really starting to do my head in now. I know there's no guarantee of a visa when you start the process, but now I've broken up from work (and have actually got time to think about it for once), I'm becoming more and more p***ed off at the unscrupulous way that people's money is being sat upon!

Guest Sue1203

Hi ya

I am bit lost when looking at that...if you are on the SOL and hopefully SMP does that mean you are cat 2? And if so what is the timeframe...we applied for 176...any advice most welcome

From a dizzy blonde!!!! lol... :wub:

Sue

x

Hi ya

I am bit lost when looking at that...if you are on the SOL and hopefully SMP does that mean you are cat 2? And if so what is the timeframe...we applied for 176...any advice most welcome

From a dizzy blonde!!!! lol... :wub:

Sue

x

IF you are on the SMP when released, you WILL be Cat2. If that is the case your application will be processed within 12 months.

Guest Sue1203

thanks a mil...all this is doing my head in never mind taking over our lives!!!! constantly live on laptop checking all the time!!!! As you say...kids need us back down to earth!!!

Anybody know if they have started to process the Cat 3's???

Thanks a mil

S

x

Guest demoiree
IF you are on the SMP when released, you WILL be Cat2. If that is the case your application will be processed within 12 months.

and you have to reside in that state to get that priority bump?

Am I being daft or will Cat 4 never be processed? I mean, Cat 1-3 are never going to stop coming in and I can't picture people in DIAC offices suddenly saying, 'oh, we've got nothing to do, let's dust off some Cat 4s'.

I haven't been waiting anywhere near as long as some people, but it's really starting to do my head in now. I know there's no guarantee of a visa when you start the process, but now I've broken up from work (and have actually got time to think about it for once), I'm becoming more and more p***ed off at the unscrupulous way that people's money is being sat upon!

Yeah they robbed us............now we know where all those millions they (labour gov)promise on that and this made up of and all those stimulas spendings including other spending spree's they went on was funded :realmad:

and you have to reside in that state to get that priority bump?

Yes, you have to live in the state for 2 years. Let me clarify something though, to get moved up to Priority 2 SMP, you have to file a State Sponsorship application with the state you would like to move to, you can't just move up to Priority 2 if your occupation is on their SMP and you don't have sponsorship from them.

Guest demoiree
Yes, you have to live in the state for 2 years. Let me clarify something though, to get moved up to Priority 2 SMP, you have to file a State Sponsorship application with the state you would like to move to, you can't just move up to Priority 2 if your occupation is on their SMP and you don't have sponsorship from them.

Which means some of them have to give up thier current job and move to which ever state they can get sponsor from .. Risky move for ppl already have a full time relavant job !

Looks like Cat 4 are pretty well stuffed. I just hope from a personal point that if you have SS you might get some sort of lifeline. Or wait and see what happens when the SMP's come out. I bet Canada is starting to look appealling for a few people on here.

Keep your chins up,

John

Cat 4 is mainly composed of schedule 1 applicants. SMP are based on schedule 3 I believe. So that rules it out.

Guest ben1980

In my view, applicants in Group 4 have little chance to get processed. Reserving many occupations in Group 4 maybe aim to let overseas student stay longer.

Trying to say that we (schedule 1) especially those ICT Recent Grads won't have a chance when SMP comes out.

Ahh I see, well lets hope we all get some positive news after the election then. If My other halfs occupation isn't on the SMP ( Cook ) , then I will be joining the rest of the unlucky ones. All we can do is hope mate.

Regards,

John

Guest Gollywobbler
Cat 4 is mainly composed of schedule 1 applicants. SMP are based on schedule 3 I believe. So that rules it out.

Hi User Name

The States can choose any of the occupations in the new Schedule 4 and include those occupations in the State's new SMP. The States are NOT confined to including the occupations in Sch 3 only in their new SMPs.

However, DIAC have to approve the lists of occupations in the new SMPs. The rumour is that if, for example, SA insists that they need Botanists, DIAC will ask SA to prove why they need Botanists and to prove how many Botanists they need to attract during the next couple of years. Botanist is in the new Schedule 4 but it is not also in Schedule 3. I suspect that DIAC will be more difficult about approving inclusion of occupations in Sch 4 only than they will be about approving the occupations that are within Sch 3 and Sch 4.

Cheers

Gill

Archived