IELTS Remark

Guest gingerdingo

Guest gingerdingo

Hi, I would be interested to know if anyone has any experience of sending of for a remark of their IELTS papers. We have sent ours of now nearly 7 weeks ago and still no word !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keitho1234

hi there yes i sent off for a re mark after low mark in reading - no improvement !

however i have heard of some sucess off other people . goood luuuuccckk ! xx em xx

Guest s4mmy

I have decided to appeal my reading you never know. I got 6.5. I will tell them I am already University educated and only for immigration purposes etc.

I'll feel better for it!

Guest keitho1234

hi sammy,

its completly up to yourself, i am a university educated with a degree in nursing and the did not improve my score!

i got speaking 9.0, listerning 8.5, writing 8.0 and reading 6.5 so i asked for a re mark. it took 8 weeks cost me 60 pound and the didnt improve the score at all.

good luck hun em xx

Crazy don't you think knowing what the reading is like it is almost impossible, but you will find non English speaking people seem to get the highest marks on the reading.

I see what you are saying, nut I am desperate to move out with my fella now.

It is affecting us now x

Guest gingerdingo

My wife sent off for her writing to be remarked. We got the results after 9 long weeks of waiting ...............Result unchanged............Bugger !

My wife sent off for her writing to be remarked. We got the results after 9 long weeks of waiting ...............Result unchanged............Bugger !

Hi guys!

With regards to remarking. If it's Writing or Speaking modules then go ahead and do it but if it's Listening or Reading modules then you have got no chance whatsoever. Listening and Reading modules have specific answers and if you got incorrect answer then it doesn't matter how many times you recheck it. The final score will not change. Don't waste your money and book another test. Simple as that.

Hope it helps.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys!

I need to know some information about remarking the IELTS test.

first, if I ask for remarking, can I still use my current score to apply for some scholarship?

I mean, is my current score frozen for some time until the remark be announced?

Actually, my current score has been enough to apply for scholarships I want.

However, I think that my writing score is low which is only 5.5.

Besides, I want to ask about the fee.

As I know, I can choose the section I want to remark.

Does it require the same or different fee if I choose only the one section or the some/whole sections to be remarked?

Thank you for your response...

Regards,

Oh guys, I forget to ask you one more question.

Can my IELST score become lower after remarking?

or, remarking only has in two options which are my score is unchanged or increased?

I hope the second statement is the right one... :))

so, I will be brave enough to take remarking..

Thanks

Guest Mongobear

Hi,

your mark cannot be lowered. It's written somewhere on the British Council page that it will only be changed if the score improves. However, to apply for a remark you'll have to send in all original certificates you received. So in that case you will only be able to provide your school/uni with a copy of the certificate.

Good luck

Uli

P.S. My speaking score improved from 6.5 to 7.5 after the remark.

Hi,

your mark cannot be lowered. It's written somewhere on the British Council page that it will only be changed if the score improves. However, to apply for a remark you'll have to send in all original certificates you received. So in that case you will only be able to provide your school/uni with a copy of the certificate.

Good luck

Uli

Okay, I see..

anyway, will it take the longer time or not if I remark for two sections compared to one section only?

So, it will be okay if I ask the test centre to send my IELTS report directly to the university I've applied? the test centre won't reject my request, right? although my IELTS score is still on remark.

Thank you..

Guest Mongobear

I don't think they'll issue another certificate as long as the IELTS is in for a remark.

Regarding your question about the time it takes. I just requested one part to be remarked and it took the full 8 weeks. Others who asked for several parts to be checked also had to wait for 8 weeks. I guess they extend it artificially. That way not many people go for a remark.

Guest nicandchris

The general isnt as hard as the academic but would depend on your level of english in the beginning, the speaking shouldnt be a problem nor really the listening but a generally good level of english is needed for the writing and reading sections.

Hi, I would be interested to know if anyone has any experience of sending of for a remark of their IELTS papers. We have sent ours of now nearly 7 weeks ago and still no word !

My hubby failed his first ielts test even though his average was 7.5.He is dyslexic and scored 9 for writting but only 5.5 for what they told him was an excellent speach.Hence we thought there must be a mistake in the marking.When we looked into getting the test remarked it was allot quicker and cheaper to do a resit.We were told it would take 16 weeks from when they recieved it.This was about 8 months ago so i don't know if the processing time has improved.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, I decided to take a remark for my first IELTS..

I had to pay 160$ and it wouldn't be refunded if my score didn't change..

Actually, I was so nervous because I didn't want to lose my money.

Besides, I had to get a better score of my writing section so I can apply for scholarship (master degree).

However, I just prayed and believed that God would give the best for me..

Surprisingly, the remark takes no more than 3 weeks and I have better score for writing.

Then, the remark fee will be transferred to my bank account.

I am so happy!!! thank you guys!!!

Hi Uli,

I just got my result as below:

S 65

L 7

R 75

W 75

I always failed on writing before and this was my 7th attempt. Previously i had 9,7,75,6,65,8 for speaking so it was various results.

Just wondering if there's chance I can get my speaking 7 as I have studied hard for the writing bit.

I am currently working fulltime and i have no problem with my speaking.

Does anyone know if I can make such adjustment when I apply for remark?

Thanks! Appreciate any reply...

Naan

Hi,

Good luck

Uli

Guest Mongobear
Hi Uli,

I just got my result as below:

S 65

L 7

R 75

W 75

I always failed on writing before and this was my 7th attempt. Previously i had 9,7,75,6,65,8 for speaking so it was various results.

Just wondering if there's chance I can get my speaking 7 as I have studied hard for the writing bit.

I am currently working fulltime and i have no problem with my speaking.

Does anyone know if I can make such adjustment when I apply for remark?

Thanks! Appreciate any reply...

Naan

Hi Naan,

if you're confident that your speaking has been better than 6.5 then I'd propose to go for a remark. As you can see I had the same problem and my speaking score has been updated from 6.5 to 7.5 so a whole point.

It takes ages but go for it !

Cheers

Uli

• 3 months later...
Guest ChippieDale
Finally, I decided to take a remark for my first IELTS..

I had to pay 160$ and it wouldn't be refunded if my score didn't change..

Actually, I was so nervous because I didn't want to lose my money.

Besides, I had to get a better score of my writing section so I can apply for scholarship (master degree).

However, I just prayed and believed that God would give the best for me..

Surprisingly, the remark takes no more than 3 weeks and I have better score for writing.

Then, the remark fee will be transferred to my bank account.

I am so happy!!! thank you guys!!!

Hi Naan,

May I know where are you residing? I was told the remark would take at least 4 to 6 weeks.

Here are my results:

S 6.5

L 8.5

R 8.5

W 7

I've requested for remark in speaking test as I'm confident that I did better than my 1st attempt, which was 7. I'm worried that I would not score 7 again in my writing. Meantime, I decided to retake the next test in case they my speaking remain unchanged after ? (maybe 8?) weeks of waiting, which will delay my lodging of visa application.

Would that be a good idea? I understand that speaking and writing are very subjective. Will the remark base on stricter criteria?

• 2 years later...

Hi friends,

Next few lines will portray my journey of re-marking for the IELTS General Module exam. The complete journey was full of thrilling moments encompassing: praying to God; believing in my intuitive feeling; trusting my wife’s confidence on me; and receiving that consistent morale-booster from my family. I have had to appear for IELTS to accumulate enough points to apply for an Australian PR. I gave my IELTS on 6th April 2013 at IDP Perth, WA, and my results came out after 14 days. I was confident to get at least 7 bands in all the four modules.

OOOOPs – This was my reaction when I saw my scores online. On one hand, I was happy to have received 8.5L, 8S, 7.5R; on the other hand, was literally stunned, upset and blue to see that I have received mere 6.5W. There is no way I could settle-down without a fight on getting such a dramatically low score, as this was bulldozing all my expectations and ambitions. I was very confident that I absolutely deserve at the very least 7.0 in writing. Then what, I decided to apply for a re-making right away. I went to the test centre, filled-in the form, paid the fees; the pack was sent to Melbourne first and then off to Oxford in England from there.

I was told that it roughly takes 6-8 weeks to get the re-evaluated scores. There started the testimony of my patience and exuberance. I was much tensed, as I had received an email after approximately 6 weeks from IDP saying that my results are ready, but can’t be disclosed over the email due to confidentiality reasons and will be posted to my home address. I got my score few days after the email and guess what – hooray – was my first reaction; my score was increase by 1 complete band from 6.5 to 7.5 in writing. My wife received the pack, prayed to God for good and then opened it up. She was delighted to see that my score got greater than before.

So these are the things anyone should keep in mind if he/she wants to go for a re-marking:

1) Go for it if you are confident that you deserve more;

2) You can go for all modules, as there are no chances of reduced scores, if not increased;

3) Sometime the evaluators at the local test centre do tend to make mistakes, as they are human being and are prone to make mistakes. By this I mean, that writing module is being checked on certain parameters and is to a great extent based on discretion of an examiner. My perspective is that the evaluators check heaps of papers (writings) on a certain day, and in some occasions several people before you, who have not written up-to-the-mark might make an impact on your well-composed written piece of work which should have got good bands, but ends-up getting lower band. This could be a situation and has come-out of my personal experience that I have hoarded over a period of time; however, should not be taken for granted;

4) For re-marking, the re-evaluation is done at Oxford by a competent and high-level evaluator and if you have really written well, then changes of an increased score in Writing and Speaking are high. I don’t think Reading and Listening would change as they are objective rather than subjective as in Writing;

5) My new score are: 8.5 (Listening – Unchanged); 8 (speaking – Unchanged); 7.5 (Reading – Unchanged); and 7.5 (Writing – Changed); and finally and most importantly

5) I would like to extend my love and heartfelt thankfulness to God, Wify and all my family members.

Please get in touch if you need any assistance from me about IELTS tricks or anything else.

Cheers,

Tuku

• 1 month later...

Alnaibii, nice to see you again! So you went for a remark - and 4 weeks? They told me 8 weeks, and we're from the same country.

Did you read the previous pages? Scores increasing by 1 point, that's unbelievable.

Well, it's a lottery, isn't it? You may or may not get it. I do not really need the points, but could not stand the idea that my Speaking is that bad. We'll see.

I have a correction to make: i received an email stating they sent the request, and i should expect an answer in 8 weeks, not 4 as the lady at the desk stated. :confused:

Hi There,

I am thinking about going for a remark on the IELTS on the writing section. I did my test on 27th July and got the results this weekend just gone. I got 9 for L, R, S but then got 7.5 for the writing. I think my letter was spot on and my essay was well structured (not fantastic but a balanced essay) with absolutely no spelling mistakes (my spelling is excellent!) and my grammar and punctuation was ok. I think my essay was worth 8 at least (which would give me 20 points - should I need them if I don't score enough on skills assessment).

Does anyone know the criteria for marking the writing? Has anyone got a positive remark on the writing bit??

Thanks all

Carmel

Archived