register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

liana

uk police checks from france???

hello, i'v got a small question if anyone can help??:confused:

I need my police check certificats, i'v lived and worked in france for the last 15 years but it seems that i can't aply for a police check here in france because i was not born here and still hold an English passeport.!! and from what i'v found out ( on internet ) i need to live in England for aplying for police check there..!!

so not sure how to go about it ??? am i wrong in thinking that i can't aply for one here in france?? or getting an english one ??:confused::confused:

thank you..

You can apply for a basic disclosure for £23 from disclosure scotland - You will have to phone them up an order a paper form or do it online and have the disclosure sent to a c/o address in the UK.

“Self-conceit may lead to self destruction"

I had the same confusion. If you have lived for more than a year in the UK since you were 16, you want a police check from the UK, not a criminal records bureau check:

ACPO: Police Certificates

you can apply from wherever you are, but you'll need to get a British professional to countersign your application, so if you don't know any Brits in France, you'll need to get it sent via someone you know in the UK.

As you are living in France, you will also need a check from the french police. Not sure what the website is for these, maybe someone else can enlighten you.

Hope this helps.

RockDr

Guest siamsusie

I need my police check certificats, i'v lived and worked in france for the last 15 years but it seems that i can't aply for a police check here in france because i was not born here and still hold an English passeport.!! and from what i'v found out ( on internet ) i need to live in England for aplying for police check there..!!

so not sure how to go about it ??? am i wrong in thinking that i can't aply for one here in france?? or getting an english one ??:confused::confused:

thank you..

Hi Liana, have a look at this site https://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr/cjn/b3/eje20 or

France

The police certificate is called "Extrait de Casier Judiciaire". Call the nearest police station for more information.

According to the Web site of the French Department of Justice ( http://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr ), there are two ways to obtain your police clearance:

• On line with "Minitel" at: 3615 CJN (FF0.37/min) - delivery in one week;

• By mail to: Casier Judiciare National, 44079 Nantes Cedex 1, stating your last name, first names, date and place of birth, address where you want it to be sent - delivery in two weeks. -

• The Police clearance can be asked on line by people born in France or in an overseas department (DOM) at http://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr - delivery in a few days.

For the army certificate, write to the local "Bureau du Service National" and ask for "Etat Signaletique et des Services", providing social security number, name, date and place of birth and, if possible, the military ID number ("matricule").

:wubclub:Good luck Susie x

thank you..

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com