Date of Visa application: 03 April 2008

Nationality: s korean

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 175 changed to 176 on July 2009

onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: Yes (April 2008)

Police check submitted: Yes (April 2008)

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not yet

Date visa granted: Not yet

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey to everybody. Let me add one more to the waiting list...

:hug:

Name: dunkl

Date of Visa application: 9/11/08

Nationality: very high risk

Trade/profession: general electrician

Visa type: 175-->176 Victoria

onshore/offshore: offshore

Medicals submitted: no

Police check submitted: no

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not yet

Date visa granted: Not yet

Hi all

at last Today I was able to contact ASPC and they said my application has been sent to the processing area in which cat 3 applications are processed, also he said they are now in the final stage of sorting the applications and would be able to start allocating COs with in this month.

THis call is really exciting me. Is it ok if I send my medicals and pcc now ? I'm not sure it will negatively affect to my application. I dont mind to spend money on further medicals in case it expires.

Good luck to all

rgrangana

Hi all

at last Today I was able to contact ASPC and they said my application has been sent to the processing area in which cat 3 applications are processed, also he said they are now in the final stage of sorting the applications and would be able to start allocating COs with in this month.

THis call is really exciting me. Is it ok if I send my medicals and pcc now ? I'm not sure it will negatively affect to my application. I dont mind to spend money on further medicals in case it expires.

Good luck to all

rgrangana

Hi rgrangana,

Did you mention you are a Jan 2009 applicant? And they said you will get a CO within the month? Thanks

Funny, because I am in Priority 4, and they told me the same thing: they sent my application to the Processing area....

really? so that means, i need to call DIAC also so that my application will be sent to the processing area? wt?

Hi rgrangana,

Did you mention you are a Jan 2009 applicant? And they said you will get a CO within the month? Thanks

Yes. I mentioned my application date. But they said only they start processing of Cat 3 applications within this month. There are so many applicants before me, so I,m not expecting that CO will be allocated to me in month. within another 3 months.

By the way, I need to know is it ok if i do meds now. Please let me know some one.

Thanks

I spoke to ASPC this morning.... woke up early so figured I had time to "hold", which I did for 30 minutes before the call was answered at 6am!

I asked him about the general status of Cat 3 applications etc and if they had received our Police Checks - the guy would only confirm they had received our police clearance certs, but wouldn't tell ME anything else due to privacy laws. Fortunatly OH was at home and awake so I put him on the phone to the guy at ASPC.

He basically said we DON'T have a CO at present, and that it "might" be a while yet before we get one and it "might" be a while before the application if finalised.

Very loose terminology and I think easily translated into "we don't have a bloody clue what's going on either". I think they've probably got some standard scripts they're being told to use...

I DO think though now that they are getting way too many calls... the guy I spoke to sounded really jaded. I used the line "i'm sure you're getting lots of calls about Cat 3, BUT...... " and he just replied "yes we are" ... perhaps we should just let them get on with processing our applications :unsure:. I'm glad at least I know they've received the PCC's cos they'd not replied to my PLE about it, but I shan't be bothering them again - I shall just have to do with obsessively coming on PIO as often as I can and checking my online application status rofl!

Guest JK2510

Hi

Does anyone know how many COs work at ASPC and how many files they deal with with on a weekly basis?

I maybe just clutching at straws really but i have sold my house and no doubt be moving out mid-late september. We are all splitting up and staying with family. I dont mind this for 3-6months. Am i being silly in thinking theres a chance of having our visas for xmas??

The SMPS may possibly be put back and put back! Weve all seen this happen before so nobody would be shocked by another put back.

Any advice welcome.:yellow_guy_smiling_

Guest jupiter123

Though I dont have an idea how many CO's are at present allocated to applications.

However, our case is now handled by Team7 since we received a request to have our medicals and PCC redone a month back since our old ones expired. We dont know which priority category do we fall into now ( hopefully 4 ).We were at Cat 5 before the new list came in.Our is SS(SA) and job is not in the new SOL.

Hi

Does anyone know how many COs work at ASPC and how many files they deal with with on a weekly basis?

I maybe just clutching at straws really but i have sold my house and no doubt be moving out mid-late september. We are all splitting up and staying with family. I dont mind this for 3-6months. Am i being silly in thinking theres a chance of having our visas for xmas??

The SMPS may possibly be put back and put back! Weve all seen this happen before so nobody would be shocked by another put back.

Any advice welcome.:yellow_guy_smiling_

Guest JK2510

Hi,

You are a cat 4 jupiter. As occupation is not on new sol.

The processing time is infinity.:hug:

Sorry guys whenever i write infinity all i keep thinking is; to infinity and beyond!! Any toy story fans will know! Sorry im sad.

HI PLEASE ADD US TO YOUR LIST.

THANKS

LYNSEY

Name: KARL LYNSEY AND KIDS

Date of Visa application:20 OCTOBER 09

Nationality:BRITISH

Trade/profession:CARPENTER

Visa type:175

WA SS REC:19 FEB 10

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):CAT 5

Post-14th July Category:CAT3

Medicals submitted:NO

Police check submitted:NO

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

I spoke to ASPC this morning.... woke up early so figured I had time to "hold", which I did for 30 minutes before the call was answered at 6am!

I asked him about the general status of Cat 3 applications etc and if they had received our Police Checks - the guy would only confirm they had received our police clearance certs, but wouldn't tell ME anything else due to privacy laws. Fortunatly OH was at home and awake so I put him on the phone to the guy at ASPC.

He basically said we DON'T have a CO at present, and that it "might" be a while yet before we get one and it "might" be a while before the application if finalised.

Very loose terminology and I think easily translated into "we don't have a bloody clue what's going on either". I think they've probably got some standard scripts they're being told to use...

I DO think though now that they are getting way too many calls... the guy I spoke to sounded really jaded. I used the line "i'm sure you're getting lots of calls about Cat 3, BUT...... " and he just replied "yes we are" ... perhaps we should just let them get on with processing our applications :unsure:. I'm glad at least I know they've received the PCC's cos they'd not replied to my PLE about it, but I shan't be bothering them again - I shall just have to do with obsessibly coming on PIO as often as I can and checking my online application status rofl!

I guess it's ok to wait for CO allocation, provided that priority processing won't change after election. Would be really disappointed if they change priority processing again even before the latest one gets rolling.

HI rgrangana ,

I went ahead and did our medicals soon after applying. Dec 03 09, We live in a rural area and had to travel 5 hours to have them done with 3 children and 1 of them a teenager... no easy feat!!! I am still glad I did, with the theory that everything is ready for our CO (none as of yet) and the YES button just needs to be pushed:biggrin:. It was quite expensive over $1,110.00. It only took a few days to process once they were received. The date on my application gives me until April 11 until they expire.

We are in a Cat 2 now. I wouldn't if you are a Cat 4

I am an optomist too as we will be finalized in 100 days but my husband says just wait until they change their mind again.

So an optimistic opinion is to go ahead and have them done.

You can read just as many positive posts as negative and it is all just a bunch of opinions. Just pick one and go for it!

Christine

I DO think though now that they are getting way too many calls... the guy I spoke to sounded really jaded. I used the line "i'm sure you're getting lots of calls about Cat 3, BUT...... " and he just replied "yes we are" ... perhaps we should just let them get on with processing our applications :unsure:. I'm glad at least I know they've received the PCC's cos they'd not replied to my PLE about it, but I shan't be bothering them again - I shall just have to do with obsessively coming on PIO as often as I can and checking my online application status rofl!

OH just told me that in addition to what I wrote earlier, the chap at ASPC DID also say "DO KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR EMAIL THOUGH" ... which maybe, slightly changes the context of the conversation as in addition to "we don't have a clue" could also mean, it might or MIGHT NOT be long before you get a CO so keep an eye on your email" IYSWIM lol

Guest JK2510

Hi,

My OH spoke with the ASPC this morning(waste of time!) She couldnt even find our file,when she did told us in a firm voice we were not on new SOL list so we were a cat 4!! So OH stood his ground insisted we are and referred to their website and info from agent! So the whole call was based IF we are on new sol it will take 15 months from getting a CO to a visa grant?! Anyhow by the time he even got to that point he gave up believing anything she had said and still have many unanswered questions that we feel couldnt get answered by someone that did not have a clue.

So guys beware of info you are getting from ASPC.

I am now wondering that our file is sat in a cat 4 pile by error? Has anyone got any advice?

Hi,

My OH spoke with the ASPC this morning(waste of time!) She couldnt even find our file,when she did told us in a firm voice we were not on new SOL list so we were a cat 4!! So OH stood his ground insisted we are and referred to their website and info from agent! So the whole call was based IF we are on new sol it will take 15 months from getting a CO to a visa grant?! Anyhow by the time he even got to that point he gave up believing anything she had said and still have many unanswered questions that we feel couldnt get answered by someone that did not have a clue.

So guys beware of info you are getting from ASPC.

I am now wondering that our file is sat in a cat 4 pile by error? Has anyone got any advice?

Hi

Could you please tell your Occupation with ASCO code?? I saw your details in the first page of this thread???

Hi

Could you please tell your Occupation?? did you get a get CO??

Name: JK2510

Date of Visa application: 05/03/2009

Nationality: BRITISH

Trade/profession: AIR CONDITIONING ENGINEER

Visa type: 175 AND WA SS 176

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Hi GG

I couldnt find AIR CONDITIONING ENGINEER as exact as in the new sol??? so whether Jodie falls on Cat 3 or 4 :confused: (if i am not wrong) if she could share her asco code we can map it to the relevant anzsco code as per transisitonal arrangement :notworthy:

Guest mattys

let me add mine (got contacted by CO today):

Name: mattys

Date of Visa application: 24/01/2008

Nationality: German

Trade/profession: Engineering technologist NEC

Visa type: 175

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 7

Medicals submitted: June 2009 after CO requested, but expired now

Police check submitted: June 2009 after CO requested, but expired now

Date CO assigned: first assigned March 2009 but revoked in July 2009 (due to upcoming Sep 2009 changes in priority processing); CO re-assigned on 09/08/2010

Date visa granted:

Guest JK2510
Hi GG

I couldnt find AIR CONDITIONING ENGINEER as exact as in the new sol??? so whether Jodie falls on Cat 3 or 4 :confused: (if i am not wrong) if she could share her asco code we can map it to the relevant anzsco code as per transisitonal arrangement :notworthy:

Hi

asco code 4312-11 refrigeration and air conditioning. Don't know anzco code. We know we are a cat 3. The lady had no idea!

Date CO assigned: first assigned March 2009 but revoked in July 2009 (due to upcoming Sep 2009 changes in priority processing); CO re-assigned on 09/08/2010

Date visa granted:

CONGRATULATIONS. :arghh:

Date visa granted:

Good to see some C/O's being allocated now. Hope it won't be too much longer for you now

Archived