New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest mark&robyn

Just a quick update......

Mark just rang DIAC for a status update on our 175 Bricklayer (submitted Feb 09) & he was told it should be processed very shortly, ie: we should hear something in the next 4 weeks!!

Not getting my hopes up! Well trying not too anyway!

Lets hope things are getting moving & we see some visa grants!!!!!!!

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like DIAC have updated their charter........

Client Service Charter

Visas: 119, 121,175,176,475,495,496

Priority Group 3:

Applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010: finalised by 31 December 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

Visas: 487, 856, 857, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885, 886

Priority Group 3

Applications lodged before 1 July 2010: finalised by 1 July 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 months from date of lodgement.

Looks like DIAC have updated their charter........

Client Service Charter

Visas: 119, 121,175,176,475,495,496

Priority Group 3:

Applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010: finalised by 31 December 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

Visas: 487, 856, 857, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885, 886

Priority Group 3

Applications lodged before 1 July 2010: finalised by 1 July 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 months from date of lodgement.

Thanks for posting this. This is good news for us as we only lodged May 2010 and hopefully we will get our visa sometime next year which is what we wanted.

Let's all hope though that they don't move the goalposts again.

Claire

I also spoke to the DIAC the other night and posted details in another thread which you may not have seen, here are my comments;

Thought I would let you know that I spoke to the DIAC last night. I was told that as we are in cat 3 it is good news and will be processed within the year, probably sooner.

He said if we were on the SMP then we would automatically move up and be processed even quicker. I explained that I did not think we would be on the SMP and he said to be honest, I dont think it will matter. You are in cat 3 and will be "priority processed whatever"! (I am liking that phrase a lot!)

I asked if the Cat 3 applicants would still be processed once the SMP comes out and he said yes. I then said, "so the SMP and Cat 3 will run along side each other and the Cat 3 wont stop once the SMP are out". He said "yes, they will both be processed".

I asked how would the applications be processed in cat 3, would it be by date order or by having a decision ready file? (i.e meds and PC's done) I said that as I have my meds done so would this give me an advantage. He said no it would not, they are only needed once the CO has your file and requests for them to be done! (Although he did not commit to whether they would be processed in date order either!)

He said it was really difficult to know where our application was at at this stage and that I should ring him back in 8 weeks time when they will know more of whats happening.

I also mentioned about the Client Service Charter which supplies info on timescales and said I was not sure if the information on the DIAC page for this had been updated like the DIAC Q&A had suggested it would be. He told me he would not take any notice of that, and we were definitely in "Priority Processing"!

Oh I forgot, its just come back to me, he did say we should send a blank email to the aspc processing for an update of processing times... He said to do this middle of next week, as it should give us some more ideas of timescale.

Cheers

Tasha

:jiggy: John and Heather are now PINK

Name: John & Heather

Date of Visa application: 18/12/09

Nationality: British

Trade/profession: Bricklayer

Visa type: 885

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 6

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: 18/12/09 (completed Nov 09)

Police check submitted: 18/12/09 (completed Nov 09)

Date CO assigned: 28/7/2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted:

We are onshore and will be dealt with by BSPC, so will be interesting to see if ASPC or BSPC start processing soon. Our 'Decision Ready Checklist' was sent 23/7/10.

Guest Suz2011

Please add my timeline

Name: Suz2011

Date of Visa application: 7/5/2010

Nationality: Scottish

Trade/profession:Accountant

Visa type: 175 then switched to 176 20th July 2010

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): CSL

Medicals submitted: Requested 22nd July 2010

Police check submitted: Requested 22nd July 2010

Date CO assigned:9th June 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Just a quick update......

Mark just rang DIAC for a status update on our 175 Bricklayer (submitted Feb 09) & he was told it should be processed very shortly, ie: we should hear something in the next 4 weeks!!

Not getting my hopes up! Well trying not too anyway!

Lets hope things are getting moving & we see some visa grants!!!!!!!

Yay you submitted same time as us, hubby bricklayer too :biggrin:

:jiggy: John and Heather are now PINK

Name: John & Heather

Date of Visa application: 18/12/09

Trade/profession: Bricklayer

Visa type: 885

Medicals submitted: 18/12/09 (completed Nov 09)

Police check submitted: 18/12/09 (completed Nov 09)

Date CO assigned: 28/7/2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted:

We are onshore and will be dealt with by BSPC, so will be interesting to see if ASPC or BSPC start processing soon. Our 'Decision Ready Checklist' was sent 23/7/10.

Congratulations on turning pink. May i ask about the decsision ready checklist? where can i get this from?

Many thanks

Guest pinal
Hi GGx0x0

I don't understand how CO for Pinal asks another Medical even Pinal done their Mid done Oct-2009 which is lesser than a year. Usually Med's validation is a year and sometimes it lasts few more.

My meds last 1 year and 7 months and hope not to do again at the moment.......Shouldn't I expect to make it happened?

Hi

I was also wondering about that!! I am hoping Pinal will come on and tell us.

Hi friends,

I too wonder about demand of medical, but I don’t want to debate with DIAC or CO and my previous medical is valid up to 5th October 2010 (nearly2 months from today).

I wrote to my agent about my previous medical and also advise that I have no issue to get it done again.

Last time when I been requested for PCC that time my medical was about to expire and it expire just two days back on PCC sent, then my case went in LIMBO.

By considering previous mistakes I think it will be batter to gat it redone medical & PCC without debating with CO, debate with DIAC & CO it’s just west of time and in this condition we cant afford west of time. Who know what regime change will come tomorrow?

Pinal

Guest YJ WOO
I also spoke to the DIAC the other night and posted details in another thread which you may not have seen, here are my comments;

Hi Taz,

Thanks for sharing valuable informaiton. May I ask one more thing? Did DIAC said they are now dealing with Onshore only and put offshore later?

Hi all bit of info for you from our agent

Dear Spencer,

As previously discussed in an email sent earlier this week, DIAC have published a new priority processing directive, which determines the order in which applications are processed.

Further information was released today, as the Client Services Charter has been updated to reflect the processing times for particular groups. See below for the new processing priority groups and the updated timeframes for each group:

PROCESSING PRIORITY GROUP

GROUP CRITERIA

PROCESSING TIMEFRAME

Priority Group 1

From people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).

Note: Priority Group 1 applications are not GSM applications.

Applications will be processed according to ENS/RSMS Service Standards

Priority Group 2

From people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's State Migration Plan.

Applications will be finalised 12 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 3

From people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Applications lodged PRIOR to 1 July 2010 will be finalised by 31 December, 2011.

Applications lodged ON OR AFTER 1 July 2010 will be finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 4

All other applications.

All Priority Group 4 applications will only be entered into processing and finalised once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

What does this mean for me?

You are currently in Priority Group 3, which means that your application should be finalised by 31 December, 2011. As you have already obtained state sponsorship, there is the possibility that your application will transition to Priority Group 2 in the event that your occupations appears on the State Migration Plan for your state, which would mean it would be processed more quickly. If your occupation does not appear on the State Migration Plan you will remain in group 3. State Migration Plans will be released during September at the earliest.

If more information becomes available we will be in contact. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this, please do get in touch.

Many thanks

Hi Taz,

Thanks for sharing valuable informaiton. May I ask one more thing? Did DIAC said they are now dealing with Onshore only and put offshore later?

Hi Yj Woo

They did not mention to me about onshore or offshore at all! However, they do make it clear on their website that onshore are dealt with quicker than offshore.

Cheers

Tasha

Guest brownfamily
Congratulations on turning pink. May i ask about the decsision ready checklist? where can i get this from?

Many thanks

Hi,

Apparently (and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) but the Decision Ready Checklists are used by agents and can be submitted for all 'priority' cases (i.e old CSL). It is basically a checklist that says you have all your documents in order (and in date i.e meds/police checks) and that gets submitted to DIAC.

There was a couple of threads talking about the Decision Ready Checklists earlier this week, so it might be worth searching on here.

Hope this helps, but I am sure an agent will correct me if I am wrong!

Heather

Hi all bit of info for you from our agent

Dear Spencer,

As previously discussed in an email sent earlier this week, DIAC have published a new priority processing directive, which determines the order in which applications are processed.

Further information was released today, as the Client Services Charter has been updated to reflect the processing times for particular groups. See below for the new processing priority groups and the updated timeframes for each group:

PROCESSING PRIORITY GROUP

GROUP CRITERIA

PROCESSING TIMEFRAME

Priority Group 1

From people who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).

Note: Priority Group 1 applications are not GSM applications.

Applications will be processed according to ENS/RSMS Service Standards

Priority Group 2

From people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's State Migration Plan.

Applications will be finalised 12 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 3

From people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Applications lodged PRIOR to 1 July 2010 will be finalised by 31 December, 2011.

Applications lodged ON OR AFTER 1 July 2010 will be finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

Priority Group 4

All other applications.

All Priority Group 4 applications will only be entered into processing and finalised once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

What does this mean for me?

You are currently in Priority Group 3, which means that your application should be finalised by 31 December, 2011. As you have already obtained state sponsorship, there is the possibility that your application will transition to Priority Group 2 in the event that your occupations appears on the State Migration Plan for your state, which would mean it would be processed more quickly. If your occupation does not appear on the State Migration Plan you will remain in group 3. State Migration Plans will be released during September at the earliest.

If more information becomes available we will be in contact. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this, please do get in touch.

Many thanks

I hope they also place which date of application they are currently processing (i.e. Feb 2008) like what they do for other visas as seen in their auto reply.

Guest perth1

Name: Perth1

Date of Visa application: 24th August 2009

Nationality: Irish

Trade/profession: Valuer

Visa type: 176 (Family Sponsored) on 457 at the moment

Post-14th July Category:3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: not yet

Date visa granted:

Hi,

Apparently (and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) but the Decision Ready Checklists are used by agents and can be submitted for all 'priority' cases (i.e old CSL). It is basically a checklist that says you have all your documents in order (and in date i.e meds/police checks) and that gets submitted to DIAC.

There was a couple of threads talking about the Decision Ready Checklists earlier this week, so it might be worth searching on here.

Hope this helps, but I am sure an agent will correct me if I am wrong!

Heather

Thanks Heather for the reply.

Thats so unfair!!! We are decsion ready have Police and Meds in, but not with agent. Simply because we paid thousnads out for additonal courts costs 8K. Decided to do the visa app on our own.

Does this mean that those with an agent may have the chance to be processed quicker then?

Sob Sob, the waiting game is so frustrating!!!

Guest brownfamily
Thanks Heather for the reply.

Thats so unfair!!! We are decsion ready have Police and Meds in, but not with agent. Simply because we paid thousnads out for additonal courts costs 8K. Decided to do the visa app on our own.

Does this mean that those with an agent may have the chance to be processed quicker then?

Sob Sob, the waiting game is so frustrating!!!

Hi Shazney,

To be totally honest I am not sure....but if I were in your shoes if you are decision ready then I would be phoning DIAC! I would remind them that there are no category 2's to be processed at the mo, and that the ministerial direction is that category 3's should be processed (as I am led to believe that category 1 are processed at a different office). But please don't take this as gospel as I am not an agent...just giving my two pennies worth :biggrin:

Heather

Guest YJ WOO
I hope they also place which date of application they are currently processing (i.e. Feb 2008) like what they do for other visas as seen in their auto reply.

I think now only BSPC processes and ASPC doesn't yet due to applicants recently got CO seemed onshore. I've never heard any offshore applicants' CO grant news nowadays....Hope ASPC kicks off soon and treated us in time order as you commented.

Name: Pluto

Date of Visa application: 14.03.10

Trade/profession: Carpenter

Visa type: 176 WA SS

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Seen this on another thread it seems they are cat 3 off shore so it looks like things are moving..... slowly but surely..... yippee.

Maria.

At last we got a CO

Hi all

Just to let you know we have at last been allocated a CO. Also we are now being offered 175 again.

I was rushed into hospital last week with a ruptured kidney, only got home last night. Answerphone blinking. Message from agent saying CO allocated and requesting meds and PC's. Would you believe it. Don't know what will happen about meds as I have to go back for another operation in 2 months. Anyone know if this will be a problem. I am really pleased but now worried as I am not fighting fit.

Warren is off work to look after me for a day or two and is as I speak on the other computer downloading med forms and filling in PC forms.

Liz x

Warren, Liz, Paige 11 & Ethan 8

TRA passed Aug 2007, 175 lodged 14/02/08

WA SS applied for 4/06/09, WA SS approval 7/10/09

Guest ouseun
Seen this on another thread it seems they are cat 3 off shore so it looks like things are moving..... slowly but surely..... yippee.

Maria.

At last we got a CO

Hi all

Just to let you know we have at last been allocated a CO. Also we are now being offered 175 again.

I was rushed into hospital last week with a ruptured kidney, only got home last night. Answerphone blinking. Message from agent saying CO allocated and requesting meds and PC's. Would you believe it. Don't know what will happen about meds as I have to go back for another operation in 2 months. Anyone know if this will be a problem. I am really pleased but now worried as I am not fighting fit.

Warren is off work to look after me for a day or two and is as I speak on the other computer downloading med forms and filling in PC forms.

Liz x

Warren, Liz, Paige 11 & Ethan 8

TRA passed Aug 2007, 175 lodged 14/02/08

WA SS applied for 4/06/09, WA SS approval 7/10/09

good luck

hope you get well soon:emoticon_doctor_sna:emoticon_doctor_sna

Hi Shazney,

To be totally honest I am not sure....but if I were in your shoes if you are decision ready then I would be phoning DIAC! I would remind them that there are no category 2's to be processed at the mo, and that the ministerial direction is that category 3's should be processed (as I am led to believe that category 1 are processed at a different office). But please don't take this as gospel as I am not an agent...just giving my two pennies worth :biggrin:

Heather

Thanks Heather

Will get hubby to ring, when we have rung in the past they have just fobbed him off saying we will be notified when we are getting processed further. Will suggest that what you said though over cat 2. Thanks again sharon x

Guest JK2510

Name: JK2510

Date of Visa application: 05/03/2009

Nationality: BRITISH

Trade/profession: AIR CONDITIONING ENGINEER

Visa type: 175 AND WA SS 176

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: