Police check submitted:Submitted 16 Jun 2012

Date CO assigned: NOT YET

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Doc Googles
Great information.. !!! what does this week processing mean? My application is dated 23 Jun 2009 ( i submitted re-assesmetn results on 20 JUN 2011) .. still not picked up.. :( ..

Hi DCAL - Thanx for doing this.

If DIAC continue to work through applications at the current rate they will hav cleared their backlog by end of 2011. This is in keeping with my migration agent who told DIAC would have everything cleared by Jan / Feb 2012.

I lodged my 176 Family Sponsor Jun 2011 and my agent told me I would hav in next Fb a the latest but she expects it earlier. Looking at your table I ll have it in Oct 2011.

Alan

Guest Acotiga

Name: Acotiga

Date of Visa application: 13 Aug 2010

Nationality: Romania

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer

Visa type: 175

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Cat 4

Post-14th July Category:Cat 3

Medicals submitted: 15.06.2011

Police check submitted: 30.06.2011

Date CO assigned: Has not contacted me

Date of employment verification (If applicable):???

Date visa granted:19.07.2011

:notworthy::biggrin::chatterbox:

Could I join this thread? :biggrin:

Name: bsbs

Date of Visa application: 10 June 2011

Nationality: Egyptian

Trade/profession: Medical Administrator

Visa type: 176 Family Sponsor (cat 3 in the past, now cat 4)

Medicals submitted: NlA

Police check submitted: N/A

Date CO assigned: N/A

Date visa granted: No one knows :jiggy:

Name: DLVC

Date of Visa application: June 03-2011

Nationality: Colombian

Trade/profession: Urban and Regional Planner

Visa type: 176

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 2

Post-14th July Category:3

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned:July 12-2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): July 12-2011

Date visa granted:Not yet

Guest prabinarippa

Got my co mail today asking only for form 80. But in online application status it showin work experience further checkin required and medicals required remaining everything is met,,,,,,,,,,what should i do now

Guest anthony1
Got my co mail today asking only for form 80. But in online application status it showin work experience further checkin required and medicals required remaining everything is met,,,,,,,,,,what should i do now

Submit your from-80, thats what your COs email says?

Guest prabinarippa

Yes CO mails says form 80 to be send but am really worried by seein further checking of work experience required in online status and he didnt asked for medicals and pcc

Guest dholden

today I got an email from my case officer informing me that my 175 application has been refused on the following grounds:

quoting extract from "Decision Record" PDF:

SKILLS ASSESSMENT

The prescribed criteria for the grant of a subclass 175 (Skilled - Independent) visa are set out in Schedule 2 of the Regulations.

Clause 175.212 is a criterion to be satisfied at the time of application.

Invalid Skills Assessment obtained AFTER lodgement

It is a legislative requirement that you provide evidence of having a favourable skills assessment for your nominated occupation at the time that you lodged your application.

As you have not demonstrated that at the time of making the application your skills had been assessed as suitable for your nominated occupation you do not satisfy the requirements of subclause 175.212(1).

----end quote-----

I lodged my skills assessment with the Australian Computing Society (ACS) on 11/8/10 and my visa application on 6/9/10. So it looks like the skills assessment must be complete prior to lodgment, this appears to be an oversight on my part, but I am struggling to see how the online application allowed me to select "no" on the "have you completed your skills assessment?" page and then complete my lodgment (and payment). Effectively my lodgment was invalid from day 1....

I know of another person in the same boat who like me assumed we could complete the skills assessment post lodgment.

Can anyone offer any advice or assistance?

Thanks,

Dan

Guest IoanHoria

I'm sorry Dan. This was your mistake and unfortunatly you can't change it... Make quickly another application, using the docs that you've obtain for the old one... Other then this advice, just that I'm sorry...

Guest dholden
I'm sorry Dan. This was your mistake and unfortunatly you can't change it... Make quickly another application, using the docs that you've obtain for the old one... Other then this advice, just that I'm sorry...

thanks for the response, I realize this is my mistake, but it is exactly that...I'd expect immigration would at least ensure the prerequisites are met prior to allowing me to lodge.

I do not have $2500 spare to simply reapply without at least appealing my case.

Guest IoanHoria

Usually they inform you if there is a problem with your application, but only in situations which might be missinterpreted, or when your provided documents seems to be false, or not in concordance with your statements... In cases like yours, the law states clear that you must have a suitable skill assesment to apply for visa, so there is nothig foggy...

I won't bother with making appeal at the Tribunal, or bothering the CO with requests...you have disregarded one of the first immigration law...

Sorry man, but it really seems that either you make a new application or try some other country...:sad::sad::sad:

What's the point of the "have you completed your skills assessment?" question then? Any decent web application validates user input according to a set of business rules which in this case are the prerequisites that need to met in order to be eligible for the 175 visa. It's very convenient for them to allow ineligible candidates to apply as the fee is non-refundable.

Guest Doc Googles

Use your noggin ... Do what the CO says .....

Guest Doc Googles
DIAC currently anticipates assigning a case officer to any unallocated case by 30/9/2011 or 30/09/2010????

Probably 30/09/2008 - of course 2011 ........

Guest AAAZR
thanks for the response, I realize this is my mistake, but it is exactly that...I'd expect immigration would at least ensure the prerequisites are met prior to allowing me to lodge.

I do not have $2500 spare to simply reapply without at least appealing my case.

:cry::cry:

Maybe its just me but if they asked the question if your skills assessment has been completed on the application and you clearly stated "no" I would not leave it at that and just accept the decision. You have nothing to loose by trying to appeal the decision. Either that or lodge a new application...so if I were you..I'd try fighting a bit first (in the nicest possible way offcourse:goofy:)

Or maybe get advice from an agent:unsure: I can recommend a good agent if you decide to go that route.

Good luck!

Guest dholden
:cry::cry:

Maybe its just me but if they asked the question if your skills assessment has been completed on the application and you clearly stated "no" I would not leave it at that and just accept the decision. You have nothing to loose by trying to appeal the decision. Either that or lodge a new application...so if I were you..I'd try fighting a bit first (in the nicest possible way offcourse:goofy:)

Or maybe get advice from an agent:unsure: I can recommend a good agent if you decide to go that route.

Good luck!

that's the route I'm going to take, I'm not sure how I'll go based on the feedback so far, but I've got to try.

I've just checked the online application:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu/cs

On the second screen you are asked:

Skills Assessment

Has a relevant assessing authority assessed your skills as suitable for your nominated skilled occupation?

I am able to select "No" then "Next" and the form continues. I am not disagreeing with anyone that says I've not fulfilled my legal obligation...agreed it appears I haven't. But I have followed an official DIAC form which completes with me handing over $2500. This in my opinion obligates DIAC to create an online application that accurately warns of the risks of not doing certain things (at the right time).

If you could private message me your agent contact I'd appreciate that!.

Thanks

Guest Lori2011

Dan, sorry to hear this. I wanted to lodge my application on october 2010 but my agent told me to wait until my skills assesment was ready, which is the reason why I didn't lodge it until march 2011!!!! It is really sad what happened, but I checked this on the internet site and actually says the assesment is a requisite before lodging. I don't think there is much to do now, but you can always try.

Guest koko1

Hi Dholden,

I strongly agree with your idea of appealing your case if you can. It's DIAC's fault because the essence of the online application questions is help guide you to know if you have met the requirment before you are finally allowed to make payment. Men, this is ****

DIAC is funny at times. Well I wish you good luck and hope they will consider. But I used hear that if you apply for 176, 175, 475 which are for those outside OZ and it gets to refusal that you can't appeal because it's visa applied for in the country but oustside. Well let your agent advise you well but make sure you know what to do so that you don't waste your money again.

Take care!

Regards

Koks

that's the route I'm going to take, I'm not sure how I'll go based on the feedback so far, but I've got to try.

I've just checked the online application:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu/cs

On the second screen you are asked:

Skills Assessment

Has a relevant assessing authority assessed your skills as suitable for your nominated skilled occupation?

I am able to select "No" then "Next" and the form continues. I am not disagreeing with anyone that says I've not fulfilled my legal obligation...agreed it appears I haven't. But I have followed an official DIAC form which completes with me handing over $2500. This in my opinion obligates DIAC to create an online application that accurately warns of the risks of not doing certain things (at the right time).

If you could private message me your agent contact I'd appreciate that!.

Thanks

HELLO TO EVERYONE :biggrin:

After some thought I have decided that it is time for me to retire from running the two threads.

I have a lot on my plate at the moment and am finding it hard to get round to updating the threads regularly.

If anyone is keen to start a new thread they are more than welcome to copy and paste the information they need and if they need advice please don't hesitate to ask.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.

Regards

Connie

:hug:

HELLO TO EVERYONE :biggrin:

After some thought I have decided that it is time for me to retire from running the two threads.

I have a lot on my plate at the moment and am finding it hard to get round to updating the threads regularly.

If anyone is keen to start a new thread they are more than welcome to copy and paste the information they need and if they need advice please don't hesitate to ask.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.

Regards

Connie

:hug:

You Have Done Great Service To All of PIOMZ Members....

Thank You Very Much For That..... Good Luck GGx0x0!!!! :hug:

End of an era!!! Conie is leaving!!! Connie u did a relentless job since inception of this thread, even after ur visa grant. Thank u connie, thanks a lot. We all'll rememeber u for long...wish u a successful carreer in oz.

THIS MAY BE MY LAST POST ON THIS THREAD.

God bless you.

Kind regards

Archived