Samples, Polls, Opinions.

Guest guest37336

Guest guest37336

Hi Folks.

I have decided that from now on, well for at least a week I shall only post the more humorous of posts and threads as I was told by my good lady to stop thinking too much. At home I am often been accused of being glib, sarcastic and 'It's not big or clever', or 'Grow up, you juvenile' But when my other half reads some of my posts and threads on PIO she is shocked at the contents. So just to prove to her:wubclub: and PIO that I do have a great sense of humour I am only going to post funny IMO:embarrassed: stuff for the foreseeable future, so here goes.

You know when MORI do a poll on certain political issues, or on the TV you often see ads with in small print at the bottom of the screen, '80% of women agree that such and such shampoo was better than the leading brand, or 'Was tested on 1234 women, blah, blah. Has ANYONE ever actually been asked their opinions about these polls. I for one have never been questioned by Mori or ANY other business that use such statistics.

Is there a group of people locked in a cellar somewhere that these companies drag out sporadically and ask their opinion, having done so they are once again locked up and fed bread and water until the next 'opinion' poll takes place. I have NEVER even met anyone who has been questioned on their political persuasion, shampoo type, face cleansing product, do these people exist or should the advertisers be prosecuted for false imprisonment and kidnap. Is there anyone out there who has ever experienced a poll before.

Cheers Tony:biglaugh:

I once got paid £75 to take part in one of Gordon Browns 'Ask the people' ideas. It was hosted all over the country and at different venues, the one in Portsmouth was hosted at a hotel, lots of tables laid out and you're mixed with all different people. We were linked up with the other places around the UK to give feedback and with Gordon Brown also. To be honest I wasn't very interested I was just doing it for the money lol! So I can't remember what we were discussing, all sorts of topics though. Kind of like David Camerons 'Big Society' idea. But anyway, if you're gonna be part of something like that you usually always get paid....I'm not sure how you go about taking part though! The only reason I knew about it was because my uncle did it, but we had to pretend we weren't related :laugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Tony

in a way the whole country fell victim to this crap. Bogus polling of people leading up to the election, with the so called surge for the Lib-Dems and i believed they were at last becoming a force and voted for them. I didn't agree with some of their weak liberal policies on human rights and immigration, but i don't think the others were any better. I voted for them as a protest vote against the other two and only did so because of the polling'

On other matters the answer is NO i have never been asked about anything and again NO i don't know anyone else who has, me thinks theres a bit of jiggery pokery going on.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
TOP 100 funniest one-liners, quotes and jokes on the internet! Part 1

Hope it helps

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Hey Geoff mate

i was wondering where you were, i thought you might have drowned in the flash floods,:laugh:

Is the hosepipe ban still on the resevoirs must be overflowing.:arghh:

Both my partner and I have been involved in various polls for products, political views and branding ideas. We have never been paid cash but we have received a number of free products from marketing companies and quite a few frequent flier miles.

Archived