Smoking Ban.

Guest Scarletfever

Guest Scarletfever

Just a quick one for those of us who are guilty of smoking. We've had the no smoking policy here in Wales for a month or two and, even being a smoker, I reckon it'll benefit everyone in the long run.

Good luck anyways!!!

Agnes and Vera smoking outside the nursing home in the rain and Vera pulls out a rubber cover for her ciggie so it doesn't get wet.

Agnes says " What is that and where can I get one?"

Vera replies "there condoms and you can get them at any drug store".

Agnes heads off the next day and ask the shop assistant for some condoms.

"What brand would you like ma'am?" a little bemused.

"Oh it doesn't matter lassie, as long as it fits a Camel". :err:

Guest Ian&Lou

Love the joke Dan...not bad for a welsh man!

As I gave up nearly 3 months ago I can feel very righteous about the ban, however I do sympathise with the smokers who will have to go outside the pub for a fag.

Good luck to you all.

Lou

xx

im a ''outcast'' smoker and the laws are pretty similar here too,have to be outside and so far away from the door,suppose its only fair in a way you dont want to be eating a meal with someone puffin away over your shoulder,

Cal x

Guest Curlysoo

I am an ex smoker so I can appreciate just how hard it is to stop smoking, I am not gunna lecture anyone, when you WANT to stop enough ... you will ...simple! ..however ... let me tell you a little tale.....

I have Brittle Asthma and two and a half years ago my GP had a chat with me ... he asked if I had any granchildren yet... I said no..... he asked if I was planning on sticking arround to see them? That simple sentence made me rethink over 20 years of smoking!

It put smoking into perspective for me ..given the choice, was it MORE important than my family? .... NOPE! .... I gave up the following day and didnt need patches or any other help, I just decided I was a non smoker and became one!

Most of us on this site are hoping to move to Australia to make a better life for ourselves and our loved ones ..why not kick the habit now, think of how much healthier you will feel and how much more money you will have in your pocket!

:jimlad:..Good Luck from Sue ...XXX

Archived