Vetassess electrician - blackburn college - 6th august

Wezzza

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody on here is going to Blackburn College on 6th August to do their VETASSESS electrician practical test? Or around there?

Are you feeling confident with the information VETASSESS send you? I've read other posts on here but would be nice to read someones view on it if they'd recently done it?

Cheers

Wez

Guest chris_mac
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody on here is going to Blackburn College on 6th August to do their VETASSESS electrician practical test? Or around there?

Are you feeling confident with the information VETASSESS send you? I've read other posts on here but would be nice to read someones view on it if they'd recently done it?

Cheers

Wez

Hi Wez

I simply had to reply, not to gloat but to give you some direction.

I used to live in Darwen only a few miles for Blackburn. Unfortunately, i had to travel to London to do my vetassess and what a bloody two days that was... Looking at your post it brought all my memories back and feelings, anxiety, stress etc.. and the weight loss over worry! :err:

However.................... Now i chuckle but not at the hard working people doing the same as i did but becuase I am now living on the Sunshine Coast Qld Australia, with a new life that folk wouldnt understand unless they experienced it.

Mate good luck with your exam, and take the journey one step at time..

What i am saying is that it does all eventually pay off and from my experience worth every single penny and emotion.

If i can help give us a shout.

Chris

Nice one Chris, well done for gettin out there buddy. Really want to get this out the way now cos like u say the stress and anxiety gets on top of u.

Its nxt friday and to be honest i wanna just get on with it now. How was the test for u when u did it? I read on here and other sites mixed feelings bout the exam and examiners, people sayin they can be petty and harsh in some areas?

Whats the paper test like as well ?

Cheers

Wez

Hi Wez

My experiance is pretty much unrelated (as i done the plumbing vetassess there last may) but i guess the format is the same across the board,

First i spent the months leading up to it getting more and more nervous by the day, eating all my old and some new plumbing books going over even the basic's again as i was not sure what to expect so wanted to dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

Wish i had saved myself the new found grey hairs i got for my trouble, my point being that they only want to know if you know your stuff. you know how to work without killing yourself or those around you, and have a bit of quality to your work, tidy and neat also most times means safe and sound.

Dont try to cut any corners and im sure you will be fine.

As for my assessor (again bear in mind mine was plumbing) i found him to be a nice enough guy who definatly knew his stuff but very fair at the same time, so will be hoping yours are the same.

Main point, try not to worry about it and treat it like a day at work and im sure you will breeze it.

Good luck

Kev

Guest english reject

Have a look on the British expats website, go to working abroad and select electrician their is a shed load of info. I did mine 18 mnths ago its not as bad as the AM2, pay attention to the safe isolation in the vetassess paper work they send you.

all the best ER

Guest chris_mac

One part of the practical is to wire a DOL starter with remote stop/start. Tricky if you do not do this kind of stuff, everything else wez was pretty much straight forward.

The classroom exam is nothing you havent done before as is the practical. We where asked to wire a small ring circuit, A light with two way switching, A bit of earth bonding then test it. I was over critical measuring distances between saddle clips for conduit, Doing precise bends etc when really it wasnt necessary.

They just want to see that you are indeed an electrician who knows what he is doing and not some dodgy applicant trying to get an oz visa with false certs(Old TRA). Thats the very reason why this whole vetassess came about!

Good luck!

Guest spark23

hi! im currently filling out the online vetasses and i've hit a wall with the last page about evidence details-trade evidence form...i'm afraid off messing it up!! would really appreciate help at this vital stage!! also what visa should i apply for if/when i pass vetasses? im leaving with mu wife & 2 kids...HHEELLPP!!! :confused:

Guest spark23

hi! im currently filling out the online vetasses and i've hit a wall with the last page about evidence details-trade evidence form...i'm afraid off messing it up!! would really appreciate help at this vital stage!! also what visa should i apply for if/when i pass vetasses? im leaving with mu wife & 2 kids...HHEELLPP!!! :confused:

Hi All

Just to let you know i did my exam yesterday and felt it went alright, it wasn't as bad as what i thought it would be. They think it'll be bout 2 weeks for the results so as soon as i know i will let u lot know. Thanks again for the info peeps :biggrin:

Hi All

Just to let you know i did my exam yesterday and felt it went alright, it wasn't as bad as what i thought it would be. They think it'll be bout 2 weeks for the results so as soon as i know i will let u lot know. Thanks again for the info peeps :biggrin:

Awsome mate,

If you felt it went alright then no doubt it did.

Well done

Kev

Hi Spark23,

Dunno whether anyone has helped you yet mate but when i did mine i was like woh why are they askin all this but when u break it down into sections and look back on ur history has a spark, things will come floodin back to u with examples.

All i did was just write about everything in very over the top detail, even when it came down to what i've work with i put things like twin and earth ,swa and even capping. Just put anything in mate, is there any particular questions ur stuck on? i've got my application on my laptop still and could give u some ideas as to what i put.

Let me know mate and i'll try and reply as soon as i can for u mate.

Good luck

Wez

• 4 weeks later...

Hi People,

After a long drawn out 4 weeks, i've finally got my results !

Its great news with a PASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy and relieved, i wanna thank everyone again for your help and guidance on the build up to it.

Cheers

Wez

Archived