Guest karl n

Anyone managed to get extra luggage allowance from Singapore Airlines?

Guest karl n

Howdy,

i was just wondering if anybody out there has managed to get more than the 20kg limit on your luggage?

We're flying with Singapore Airlines & unfortunately we've already validated our visa's so we don't qualify for the 'double allowance' that you get on using an un-validated visa. we're hoping to get an extra 5kgs each but not too confident really, is there anyone whose managed to get anything out of them & if so how did you go about it?

Thanks in advance

Karl.

P.S = flying out in two weeks to start our new life!! Woo-Hoo!!

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Karl,

Probably the only hope you would have is to send an email to their UK reservations team :

uk_reservations@singaporeair.com.sg

explain the situation and plead your case,if you are only asking for an extra 5kg's each you may be lucky,you have northing to lose by asking and you never know your luck,I am aware of a couple who

were in the same situation with Cathay Pacific recently,they sent an email and were granted an extra

10 kilos each despite the fact that they had validated.

Give it a try and good luck.

Cheers

Nigel

Howdy,

i was just wondering if anybody out there has managed to get more than the 20kg limit on your luggage?

We're flying with Singapore Airlines & unfortunately we've already validated our visa's so we don't qualify for the 'double allowance' that you get on using an un-validated visa. we're hoping to get an extra 5kgs each but not too confident really, is there anyone whose managed to get anything out of them & if so how did you go about it?

Thanks in advance

Karl.

Hey,

We're flying with Singapore on 16th August and are in the same situation as you with visa's already validated.

I asked for more allowance and we now have 25kg each...

I rang them and when they agreed I asked for an email confirming what they offered us.

Good luck

Howard

...IS My Life a Dream? - If It Is I Don't Want to Wake Up...

Guest Hearne_Family
Howdy,

Thanks in advance

Karl.

I had double allowance with them when I flew out and still managed to go 7kg over! However, I did not have to pay as the guy let me through with no charge. I guess my tip would be to be polite...simple but works!

Terry.

Howdy,

Thanks in advance

Karl.

We have used them 3 times to Oz, at their desk at Heathrow they told us the official weight is 20kg but they don't surcharge up to 25kgs unofficially.

On our 2nd & 3rd trip we packed about 24kgs each and no problem at Heathrow or Singapore.

Guest gary12

when we came out we like you had already validated our visas. Between the 4 of us we were 26kg over, they took one look at my tear stained face, confirmed we were going one way which set me off again and let us through, thank god they didn't weigh the hand luggage!

worth making a phone call though.

If you do need excess baggage we used www.worldwide-parcelservices.co.uk they were excellent aobut 18kg for £97 all in door to door in 7days.

best of luck

Michelle

Guest karl n

Thanks guys, encouraging info, i'm gonna get on to them now, hopefully it works. Thanks again.

Karl.

Guest karl n

Hi guys,

just a quick post to say that i e-mailed the airline & they were great about the situation & have granted us some extra weight, all good!

7 days to go!!!!

Karl (30); Fiona (28).

Would Singapore airlines allow the 40kg on the one way trip to Oz if you had only used 20kgs on the validation trip ( or used a different airline)?

Guest proud2beaussie
Would Singapore airlines allow the 40kg on the one way trip to Oz if you had only used 20kgs on the validation trip ( or used a different airline)?

From my experience I would say no,generally they only give extra allowance for unvalidated visas and they can see on their system if a visa has been validated.

It can't do any harm to ask them via email prior to the flight if they will grant a bit extra,they often will give an extra 5kg's or so but you would need to get it confirmed in writing and take the email with you when checking in.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest shall1508

we booked our flights with Singapre to and we were told 40kg. But then they changed their mind because we only have a 457 visa!!

Do you think if I emailed them and pleaded we would get any extra?

Guest proud2beaussie
we booked our flights with Singapre to and we were told 40kg. But then they changed their mind because we only have a 457 visa!!

Do you think if I emailed them and pleaded we would get any extra?

Look it's worth a try,you have nothing to lose and everything to gain,all they can do is say no and you may be lucky and get some extra kilo's.send an email to

uk_reservations@singaporeair.com.sg

explaining the situation and see how you get on.

Good Luck

Cheers

Nigel