Redcliffe or Logan?

Guest Scalla

Guest Scalla

Hi folks,

I'm applying for work (in the medical field) in both Redcliffe and Logan, Brisbane area. We have a young family - 2 kids under 3 years of age. Which area is better to live in? From what I've heard Logan City is pretty bad, but perhaps there are nicer areas nearby, which is still commutable? Many thanks.

There is Logan....and there is LOGAN!! Yes, there are parts of the Logan region (the Logan region covers quite a large area) you would not choose to live, but there are also some great areas! Have a look at Cornubia and Shailer Park.

I don't know much about Redcliffe, but people are usually pretty positive about it on here. It has the advantage of being near to the water, which might be more appealing than the Logan area with a young family.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest maxinebeck

Hi been in oz since march this year. I am finding it hard to settle as my husband works away quite a lot. Does any one know if there are any places to meet new people that live in Robina or areas around Robina. It would be nice to meet for a chat and a coffee.

Hi folks,

I'm applying for work (in the medical field) in both Redcliffe and Logan, Brisbane area. We have a young family - 2 kids under 3 years of age. Which area is better to live in? From what I've heard Logan City is pretty bad, but perhaps there are nicer areas nearby, which is still commutable? Many thanks.

Both areas are very different so i guess it will depend on which you prefer as a family.

Logan covers a massive area, quite similar to Greater Manchester in the UK. People think of Logan as a suburb and this is where the confusion starts as its actually a city.

The center of Logan is less desirable to most people and this is where you seem to get the 'bad reports' from (similar to any city really) but as Rudi has already said there are lots of nice family friendly suburbs that fall into the Logan City boundary's.

Its a massive growing city and offers every style of housing you can think of from high rise compact living to wooden queenslanders and small plots on housing estates to huge acreage plots in rural areas. Its certainly not a place to be dismissed from hearsay,lol.

Cal x

Guest chris955

Yes exactly, there is Logan and suburbs in the Logan Shire, Logan itself is pretty ordinary to be honest. We live in Shailer Park and it's lovely here, very quiet and mostly friendly.

There is Logan....and there is LOGAN!! Yes, there are parts of the Logan region (the Logan region covers quite a large area) you would not choose to live, but there are also some great areas! Have a look at Cornubia and Shailer Park.

I don't know much about Redcliffe, but people are usually pretty positive about it on here. It has the advantage of being near to the water, which might be more appealing than the Logan area with a young family.

Love

Rudi

x

I lived in Cornubia and it was (saying through gritted teeth) great. shopping mall 5 minutes away, sports center, boat ramps, 15minutes to redland bay with ferry to coochie mudloe, 3 golf courses. Most important to me was its situation - 2 minutes and you are on the highway used to take me 25 minutes (non rush hour) to the CBD and same going the other way to surfers paradise (gold coast).

I found redcliffe mind numbingly boring and resembling a post apocalypse bexhill on sea. If you are comuting to the city you have two choices, the gateway bridge or the ICB Innner city bypass, both are a nightmare. Redcliffe has a nice park with a man made paddling pool (called lagoons in Aus) but that's about it.

Disclaimer: The above are my views based on living in Cornubia and visiting and working in Redcliffe. They are my views (thats a fact)

Hi folks,

Hi we live in Slacks Creek which is part of Logan:wacko: hubby works for the local council as previously said there are good and bad parts we live on a nice complex with pool but I would not live 2 streets away you get good and bad everywher and this is a good example we have easy access to motorway north for the city 20 mins water parks half hr south shailer park cornubia rochedale are also some nice areas but have only driven through and not lived there but have looked at those to buy including daisy Hill. there are many new estates being built and more money is going to be spent over the next few years Mount cotton is lovely but really need a car. The hypodome is the local big shopping centre but also big shopping centres at Browns Plains and the westfield at mount gravatt. smaller shopping centers near by

I have only visited redcliffe so cannot really comment but again a big part would be where you obtain employment

good luck inyour new adventure

Sue:hug:

Guest sh7t man no way
Hi folks,

redcliffe for me mate,right next to the sea,lived there for a couple of years,and loved it--i dont want to diss logan but ive been there a couple of time,and have friends living near there,not my cup of tea really

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi been in oz since march this year. I am finding it hard to settle as my husband works away quite a lot. Does any one know if there are any places to meet new people that live in Robina or areas around Robina. It would be nice to meet for a chat and a coffee.

Hi,

We lived in Qld and moved back to the UK about 18 months ago. We have friends in Robina that might like to meet up. Can i be cheeky and ask how old are you and do you have any children? I know my friend gets quite lonely and i know what that feels like it's not nice.:smile:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest barrytheplumber

hi,

we are a family of 4, 2 girls 8 & 5 we were in Redcliffe last October for 3 weeks and used it as a base for doing a recki of Brisbane and the sunshine coast, it's a pretty place but we thought it was a bit to quite for us , We took a look at Scarborough, Kippa Ring, Manley, Wynumm, Lota etc all were very nice places. The good thing is it's location. half an hour to the start of the Sunshine coast. We stayed over at Tangalooma Island for a night which I'm sorry to say was a bit dated and very expensive. ( spent a $1,000 on accomodation and food ? ) the problem is the exchange rate has killed it ! But at the end of the day it didn't stop us having a great holiday. We are emigrating next year and hope to rent in the inner south eastern suburbs or somewhere along the river about 10k out of the city.

If i were you i'd do a recki first because everyone has there own different experiences, you might love it you might hate it !

Good look,

Barry the plumber.

Archived