Who do you think will be first to release their SMP and when?? (Competition)

libbysmum

Well we fly out abroad to get married on 7th Sep so hopefully good news will be waiting us when we return. That would be a nice wedding pressi ay :biggrin:

At least you have something to get you out from Diac's mess!!!

Wishing both of you a world of happiness and joy on your wedding day:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:MANY CONGRATULATIONS:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Deba

Welcome to PIO - on a brilliant day on which you get your SS! Congrats.

Your SS doesn't have a great big smiley :biggrin: with and this is on the SMP list as well does it - how great would that be!

Vickymel

Thank you Vickymel

I'm a little new to this so don't understand all the terminology on here of how to do things. Have been told we will be priority 2 as soon as the doors open again so am really excited. Does anyone know time scales we should be looking at, we still have to do our medicals?

WA 30th September.

I am only guessing here, hope it's much sooner than that of course.

Cheers,

Gary

Guest VickyMel
Thank you Vickymel

I'm a little new to this so don't understand all the terminology on here of how to do things. Have been told we will be priority 2 as soon as the doors open again so am really excited. Does anyone know time scales we should be looking at, we still have to do our medicals?

We don't know the time scales at all for priority 2 - we were told 1st July - now we are looking at Sept..?

What we are doing here on this thread is having a bit of fun and guessing - as you can see by the first page we have no idea realy.

Plus if a new government gets in who knows!

I would not advise you to get your Meds done at the moment until at least something looks stable for a while or that you are getting closer. We nearly got them done in Sept 2009 as we thought we were close - but then everything flipped and has continued to do so. The run out after 1 year and you then need to do them again...

Here is a link to a thread that discusses news & rumours about the State Migration Plan

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/89372-state-migration-plans-state-sponsorship.html

You should also keep an eye on the state you are going to - as far as we are aware you should automatically move to priority 2 if your occupation is on the list they put out then...

Although it sounds like most states are going to try and honour the SS they have given out and get them included as well even if not on the list.

Till then we rumour and play guess the date games :laugh: so we don't go nuts.

Vickymel

Just seen this post by George Lombard

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/90927-priority-processing-gsm-28.html#post815912

"Philippe Ramssamy The Sponsored Skilled Migration Policy Section, Labour Market Branch, DIAC, has given the MIA the following advice:

Edit: ...... I have removed the advise

The MIA Queensland Branch President Sharon Harris has been advised that SMPs will not be released by anyone now until after the Federal Election."

Question? are people who have put down a date allowed to select a new date after their first choice has come and gone?

VM

Hmmm??????

I think it would be a bit unfair for people to be able to have 2 guesses, just because their initial chosen date comes and goes.

I think in order to keep this competition fair, it is your first choice only that counts.

Sorry Vicky:wubclub:

I do see that newcomers may have an unfair advantage seeing as new developments may have come to light as above. To try to minimise this I will set a cut off date for entries - I think seeing as its most likely nothing will happen till after the election, the final date I am going to take entries for this competition will be 20th August, day before the Ozzy election.

Sarah

Oops Sorry :embarrassed:

Corrected now :wubclub:

Thanks for changing it! It's a great idea to have this competition. Thanks for bringing some fun into the forum whereas before its all been doom and gloom about the set backs. :spinny: I think if the expat community is as nice as the people in here we are all set for a good time when we get to oz.

oh btw, everyone seems to be a little bit more optimistic than us!

Guest Aivaanho

You all know that there are a lot of stories about 2012.(May be the last year of the world).

I think aussi govt wanna pass this time by hook or crook and want to start a new day and new plan in the new world.

Are you a betting man/woman??

I thought it might be a fun idea to hold a sort of competition about the release date of the first SMP. There won't be any prize per se, other than the winner will get to bask in the glory that they were right!! :spinny:

Respond to this thread stating which state you think will release their SMP first and on which date. You don't have to name a particular state if you think that the release will be synchronised - ie all states being released on the same day, just reply "synchronised release"

Only one person can nominate any particular state on any particular date, so first come first served. (more than one state can be nominated per date, so for example somebody might say VIC on the 21st August and somebody else might say WA on 21st August - thats fine) :policeman:

I'll go first and say synchronised release - December 1st, reason being it'll be our 1st anniversary since lodging our visa, and have no other way of predicting :goofy:

I'll try to keep the list updated as often as I can on the front page so people know whats still available. Ill use a colour key as shown below to identify which state any particular person has chosen.

So come on peeps guess away, cos lets face it, thats what this whole charade is just lately a guessing game!!

Final date for entries: 20th August 2010

Colour Key: Synchronised Release ACT NSW WA SA VIC QLD NT TAS

July

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th John gilfilan

30th

31st

August 2010

1st matjones

2nd CharmedP3

3rd Ozzieland

4th Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

5th

6th

7th garynhelen

8th

9th

10th dennisfamily hellsbells

11th kevin jc

12th

13th nick and sez

14th

15th

16th

17th cazhoney

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th Janie101

31st spongebob

September 2010

1st chriscarina janice1uk

2nd dragsterwish

3rd

4th

5th bug family

6th littlem kazzarazza Houciaus2010 HoriFTC

7th universal17

8th clicketteuk

9th msldq

10th JK2510

11th

12th

13th clayer

14th bindog1uk

15th rooperman

16th

17th GemandJay

18th proud2beaussie

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd VickyMel

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th gmac jules37

October 2010

1st ashleymhale

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

31st

November 2010

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

December 2010

1st Libbysmum

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

31st

January 2011

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

30th

31st

Come on peeps, loads of combinations left to choose from! The more participants, the more interesting the competition, so If your just a lurker, having a quick read and the thread not being what you first expected, just have a quickie guess, it'll only take a couple of minutes of your time. Remember it's just for fun, a lighthearted thread, to keep us all going whilst we await the SMP's :yes::wubclub:

Sarah

5th October :wink:

Hi nomad2000, you haven't chosen a state? Could you let me know which state you think will release it first, you can also choose synchronised release if you think all will be released on the same day. Cheers!!:wubclub:

Guest nomad2000
Hi nomad2000, you haven't chosen a state? Could you let me know which state you think will release it first, you can also choose synchronised release if you think all will be released on the same day. Cheers!!:wubclub:

Ok, I choose all states in one day.

Really high stakes here :yes:

Archived