Who do you think will be first to release their SMP and when?? (Competition)

libbysmum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JK2510

Hi,

Im a betting girl and hope its WA August 6th! I bet they will release the SMPs on a friday so DIAC cant be bombarded with irate visa applicants!!!

Guest bindog1uk

Well done Libbysmum, a bit of light-hearted entertainment whilst we wait for the SMP's:yes:

:wink: Lesley

:wink: :biggrin: What happened to BIG one's

Guest VickyMel

Just seen on BE that someone got a reply from QLD saying they are also on hold until after the elections

"Just want to share some updates I received from Queensland State Department regarding their SMP plan. Below is their reply regarding SMP announcement.

"Nothing has changed at the moment and as the Federal Government is now in caretaker mode the SMP most likely will not get approved until after the elections." "

I'm feeling warmer about my bet!

Hope DIAC are reading this thread and are feeling good towards me...

I'll take a CO on the following if DIAC fancy donating a prize for this thread :biggrin:

VickyMel

Hi,

Im a betting girl and hope its WA August 6th! I bet they will release the SMPs on a friday so DIAC cant be bombarded with irate visa applicants!!!

Sorry Jodie, WA on the 6th August has been taken, would you like to guess another?:wubclub:

Sarah

Guest proud2beaussie

With a couple of states advising that their SMP's have been delayed due to the election and with the time taken to swear in new governments etc I can't see any state having their plan approved before the middle of September at the earliest,I will go with Victpria,and I will say September 18.

I've just added the remaining dates in July, seeing as John surprised me and wanted 29th. So if anybody else thinks an SMP will come pre August, it's there for you to choose!!

I think we are all hoping for a pre august release!! Although some states have confirmed no earlier than september, but hey stranger things have happened in the world of Oz immigration!!

Guest VickyMel

Just seen this post by George Lombard

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/90927-priority-processing-gsm-28.html#post815912

"Philippe Ramssamy The Sponsored Skilled Migration Policy Section, Labour Market Branch, DIAC, has given the MIA the following advice:

Edit: ...... I have removed the advise

The MIA Queensland Branch President Sharon Harris has been advised that SMPs will not be released by anyone now until after the Federal Election."

Question? are people who have put down a date allowed to select a new date after their first choice has come and gone?

VM

Guest Clayer

SA - 11th August, my birthday!

Have just read previous post will now go with SA - 13th Sept. Could be lucky, so long as it's this year?!!

Sorry Jodie, WA on the 6th August has been taken, would you like to guess another?:wubclub:

Sarah

Guys & Gals

Just spoken to WA representative in Perth, WA has delayed thier SMP until end of August 2010 or 1st Week of Sep 2010 due to Election

More delays and missery

Just got this from my visa agent:

I hope you're well. This morning we have learnt that no state or territory in Australia are due to release their migration plan now before the federal election on 21st August. Some states have already said that they are not intending on releasing their plan until at least September. I will be in touch with you directly as soon as the plan is released and we know whether your occupation appears on it.

Guest GemandJay

Syncronised, 17th September my OH's birthday.

Thanks for this Libbysmum, makes a nice change to be having a bit of fun rather then reading or hoping to read something that our lives are depending on.

Good Luck everyone x

Gemma

Guest bcfrug

Well we fly out abroad to get married on 7th Sep so hopefully good news will be waiting us when we return. That would be a nice wedding pressi ay :biggrin:

Guest VickyMel
We have just heard today that our WA SS has been approved. So i am going for 22nd July..............

Hi Deba

Welcome to PIO - on a brilliant day on which you get your SS! Congrats.

Your SS doesn't have a great big smiley :biggrin: with and this is on the SMP list as well does it - how great would that be!

Vickymel

Archived