2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks br4t.

I strongly believe the spreadsheet is full because of the strong lobbying a year ago by us.

It wasnt like DIAC folks woke up one morning realised they screwed up. Every phone calls made counted.

Also credit goes to guys like Peter Mares who raised it in radio and Karl Konrad.

i agree completely, it is only because of our determination that we succeeded, DIAC would have just let us rot in cat 5 for all they cared. Same for the ACS clowns !! needless to say that is one organization I will never join and never speak highly of to anyone... absolute RIP OFFs !! I still say they should at least have showed the decency of offering us older applicants the opportunity of doing a second reassessment free of charge when they started dishing out post July 2010 ICT grads proper SOL occupations !!!

this thread has run a long race indeed, all the way from July 2010 till now...... i'm glad the madness is finally over for everyone albeit at the cost of wasted time and money on account of DIAC & ACS

i agree completely, it is only because of our determination that we succeeded, DIAC would have just let us rot in cat 5 for all they cared. Same for the ACS clowns !! needless to say that is one organization I will never join and never speak highly of to anyone... absolute RIP OFFs !! I still say they should at least have showed the decency of offering us older applicants the opportunity of doing a second reassessment free of charge when they started dishing out post July 2010 ICT grads proper SOL occupations !!!

this thread has run a long race indeed, all the way from July 2010 till now...... i'm glad the madness is finally over for everyone albeit at the cost of wasted time and money on account of DIAC & ACS

Yep. 800 bucks time whatever rows in the spreadsheet + chinese ones. They made good money out of this the idiots.

Bet you any money they did it on purpose.

Hi,

Iam also 2231-79 computer professionals nec when i checked for reassessment from my agent, ACS and DIAC they gave negative feedback on the same. Now can I go for reassessment or not if yes what is the procedure I am waiting from sep 2008 help me with the details you have

Looking at cat 5 thread they are up to november 2008 now. You should get CO normally any time now .

I wouldnt worry about reassessment anymore.

I am an offshore applicant

Agent is right then. You cant. All here are ICT recent grad and onshore.

We are one sub category of nEC allowed to go for reassessment.

But like I said you probably wont need it as DIAC is upto your date of lodgement with cat 5.

• 2 months later...
status ? we're all through mate... that's the status...

Not quite...

After 1274 days of waiting I finally got my grant today. I guess I am the last then. Great, what a record to have. It has been a horrible journey and experience which I am going to document and share and I felt absolutely nothing when my agent called with the "great news" this morning.

'Twas all so avoidable as well but thanks to a greedy, incompetent, miserable excuse of a Government Department that claims "people our business" they have piled misery on suffering on agony for far too many people.

Thanks to all those here who have tried to keep spirits up and hope alive.

Hi guys...

Just wondering whether you could help me with this one...

Currently I am on Priority 5.

I have applied my 885(onshore) on January 2011 with my old ACS skill assessment (2231-79 Computing professional Nec) and selected the corresponding mapping Software and Applications Programmers Nec.

If I reassess my skill assessment I might get Systems Analyst (261112).

Would my priority be upgraded if I send the new reassessment to DIAC? Because I lodged my application after June 30 2010?

Not quite...

After 1274 days of waiting I finally got my grant today. I guess I am the last then. Great, what a record to have. It has been a horrible journey and experience which I am going to document and share and I felt absolutely nothing when my agent called with the "great news" this morning.

'Twas all so avoidable as well but thanks to a greedy, incompetent, miserable excuse of a Government Department that claims "people our business" they have piled misery on suffering on agony for far too many people.

Thanks to all those here who have tried to keep spirits up and hope alive.

Congrats mate. Me and you were lucky last.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi guys...

Just wondering whether you could help me with this one...

Currently I am on Priority 5.

I have applied my 885(onshore) on January 2011 with my old ACS skill assessment (2231-79 Computing professional Nec) and selected the corresponding mapping Software and Applications Programmers Nec.

If I reassess my skill assessment I might get Systems Analyst (261112).

Would my priority be upgraded if I send the new reassessment to DIAC? Because I lodged my application after June 30 2010?

I'd suggest call DIAC and confirm with them the same question, it would solve ur queries with first hand info.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

Firstly congratulations to all those who got their PR. I am not sure if anyone still reads these posts but i hope some of you will and might be able to answer my Q.

After reading these posts, it looks like everyone in this thread got their PR after changing their skills assessment to ANZCO standard from the old 2231-79 Computing Professional.

My question is: What happened to the people who did not convert their skills assessment? Are they still waiting? What will happen when their application is finally opened? Will they be assessed positively? Will they get Capped and Ceased?

I am actually very worried about my friend who had applied for PR (885) in March 2010. At that time, he had his skills assessed under 2231-79. Unfortunately, the rules were changed and most of you did the smart thing by reassessing your skills. My friend did not. I had guided him to this thread in late Nov 2010, but he did not take his chances. And the opportunity was gone.

The thing is that I applied for PR in Oct 2010 and was granted the same in 3 months. Me and my friend studied in the same university, same course. The only difference was that I had my skills assessed as Business Analyst and he was Computing Professional.

I had a look at the timeline and saw where DIAC had reached with the applications. They are not even close to when he applied. Because he being forced into Cat 5.

Do you think when his application finally opens, he will be assessed successfully?

What is exactly happening at DIAC? Are old applications not on the current skills list getting assessed positively? Are applicants getting based on their respective Skills list?

I hope someone will be able to answer my question.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Hi everybody,

Firstly congratulations to all those who got their PR. I am not sure if anyone still reads these posts but i hope some of you will and might be able to answer my Q.

After reading these posts, it looks like everyone in this thread got their PR after changing their skills assessment to ANZCO standard from the old 2231-79 Computing Professional.

My question is: What happened to the people who did not convert their skills assessment? Are they still waiting? What will happen when their application is finally opened? Will they be assessed positively? Will they get Capped and Ceased?

I am actually very worried about my friend who had applied for PR (885) in March 2010. At that time, he had his skills assessed under 2231-79. Unfortunately, the rules were changed and most of you did the smart thing by reassessing your skills. My friend did not. I had guided him to this thread in late Nov 2010, but he did not take his chances. And the opportunity was gone.

The thing is that I applied for PR in Oct 2010 and was granted the same in 3 months. Me and my friend studied in the same university, same course. The only difference was that I had my skills assessed as Business Analyst and he was Computing Professional.

I had a look at the timeline and saw where DIAC had reached with the applications. They are not even close to when he applied. Because he being forced into Cat 5.

Do you think when his application finally opens, he will be assessed successfully?

What is exactly happening at DIAC? Are old applications not on the current skills list getting assessed positively? Are applicants getting based on their respective Skills list?

I hope someone will be able to answer my question.

Thanks.

If you don't convert you will remain in priority 5. No they won't be cap n ceased.

Archived