2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Howdy Sky, hope things are well at your end.

Nah, I decided to come back after all. I went abroad for 3 months only, so like everyone else here, I can get my grubby hands on that so-far elusive aussie passport by the end of this year :D

yeah all good with me mate, finally got the PR in sept last year, changed jobs n moved to Brisbane (lot easier with a PR now)... UN's still stuck in security checks though...

check out our spreadsheet

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the replies guys!

So you were already assessed as 2231-79 IT professional NEC (Recent Graduate) and yet the CO asked you for a skills assessment ?

Exactly, no mention of reassessment, just this: "Skills Assessment:Please provide Skills Assessment for your nominated occupation" although I had submitted it on 8/2008 through the online system if I am not mistaken. Great to hear I will only need AFP certificate and health check up.

Some COs don't bother to check what is REALLY needed. They just ask for the whole lot.

Happened to me as well - can't remember what - but basically it was already on the system, yet I was asked for it.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Exactly, no mention of reassessment, just this: "Skills Assessment:Please provide Skills Assessment for your nominated occupation" although I had submitted it on 8/2008 through the online system if I am not mistaken. Great to hear I will only need AFP certificate and health check up.

Some COs don't bother to check what is REALLY needed. They just ask for the whole lot.

Happened to me as well - can't remember what - but basically it was already on the system, yet I was asked for it.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

also the CO is well aware that I have actually been overseas since 2010:

"Since you have been offshore since 05 June 2010, you are required to provide

new overseas police clearance certificate(s) from XXX and YYY if you have lived in those

two countries for more than 2 months since the overseas police clearance certificate expired."

and its funny that today I am completing exactly 2 months (60 days) in XXX. My flight is in few hours to avoid the hassle of getting police certificate from here which would take months.

Guest merze56

Hi everyone, I am new here :) at the moment I am stressed because I lodge the 885 application on 2010 icy graduate and no update at all

Atm it stuck on priority 5 and I am waiting for so long. After I saw this foram I noticed that I need to reassess my ACS and I got skill assessment as system analyst..

1. I am just to submit the ACS with form1023

2.should I have to do anything to make my application faster because I am so stressed and willing to do anything

3. The another reason is I am planning to get married this year and I think if I don't have pr I won't able to bring my wife here

Your feedback much appriciate

Thanks

Hi everyone, I am new here :) at the moment I am stressed because I lodge the 885 application on 2010 icy graduate and no update at all

Atm it stuck on priority 5 and I am waiting for so long. After I saw this foram I noticed that I need to reassess my ACS and I got skill assessment as system analyst..

1. I am just to submit the ACS with form1023

2.should I have to do anything to make my application faster because I am so stressed and willing to do anything

3. The another reason is I am planning to get married this year and I think if I don't have pr I won't able to bring my wife here

Your feedback much appriciate

Thanks

https://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=load&temID=noticedetails&notID=1115

Not sure why. Don't even know what group I'm in any more, I decided to forget about this whole thing a while back as it was too much stress and just wait until the day I heard from DIAC.

You missed out on the whole reassessment saga which kind of made this the largest thread in this forum.

In a nutshell as of 15 January 2011, 2231-79ers can speed up their application for a reassessment to ANZSCO code.

You get moved to cat 4 (it was cat 3 back then). If you are willing to shell out 400 for reassessment.

Otherwise youll have to wait till cat 5 is upto late 2008 to get CO and grant.

Everyone got their grant except me.

You missed out on the whole reassessment saga which kind of made this the largest thread in this forum.

In a nutshell as of 15 January 2011, 2231-79ers can speed up their application for a reassessment to ANZSCO code.

You get moved to cat 4 (it was cat 3) back then. If you aree willing to shell out 400 for reassessment.

Otherwise youll have to wait till cat 5 is upto late 2008 to get CO and grant.

Everyone got their grant except me.

Ur day will come soon mate, just hang in there... cant be long to go now .....

Thanks bro. This PR business turned into a holy grail chase for me. I've hit every obstacle imaginable for GSM applicants - serving a stint in cat 4( now 5), double reassessment and now security check.

I'm the last one here, and guess what? I am soon to become the last on one in HR thread as well. Most regular ones there are getting their grants fast.

Thanks bro. This PR business turned into a holy grail chase for me. I've hit every obstacle imaginable for GSM applicants - serving a stint in cat 4( now 5), double reassessment and now security check.

I'm the last one here, and guess what? I am soon to become the last on one in HR thread as well. Most regular ones there are getting their grants fast.

did u get ur 485 visa approved ?

• 1 month later...
Guest helios

Hi guys,

I am new on this thread and would like to know a bit from most of you guys in regard to your PR application.

I have been accessed as 'ICT business Analyst' and have lodged my Application in April 2011. I have been told that the gsm.team15 email inbox is closed or inactive. Hence all the documents need to be given to Documents.GSM@diac. has this been the case for any other people.

I had to send in my new IELTS test form in order to obtain proficient score (25) as compared to the initial points (15) when I lodged my PR. I did claim 10 'extra' points for Honours but the Case Officer is hesitant to award me points for honours as she needs more information on my honours. I thought just give IELTS again and gain these 10 extra points somehow to meet the pass mark of 120.

Any thoughts?

congrats USERNAME lol.... at long last !!!!!!!!

and so the 2231-79 computing professional saga finally comes to an end, you know what we should do... we should all get together and have a party :biggrin:

Spreadsheet is finally at 100% ...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tHQP8Hpmu2NRl1EfjvQw3YQ&hl=en#gid=0

Thanks bro. A party is in order for sure.

Congrats UserName:biggrin:

Thanks br4t.

I strongly believe the spreadsheet is full because of the strong lobbying a year ago by us.

It wasnt like DIAC folks woke up one morning realised they screwed up. Every phone calls made counted.

Also credit goes to guys like Peter Mares who raised it in radio and Karl Konrad.

Archived